Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ Compact SDP

Here's a link to a post I wrote 'bout running the CZ Compact.

http://www.wiilshoot.com/2014/03/rev...actical-2.html

Before I forget. Thoughts on the metal CZ small pistols discussed here.

I think the magazines are a weak link. The Mecgar option has a wicked sharp bottom, and I think the CZ OEM P01 mags are not as good as MecGar. I changed springs in my OEM mags. Others have reported issues in sand. The deccocker rubs some, and unintentionally decocks for others. The beaver tail is a little pointy. Sights are limited. Overall, I don't think they are as robust as other options from HK or Sig. The good part is they are accurate, easy to shoot well, good triggers, small to carry and have CT laser grips available. If your primary is a full size CZ, they might make sense.

I would also look hard at a P07. Advantages are MecGar standard magazines, polymer, different deccocker position, smoother beavertail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just general impressions.

One thing I am curious about specifically are the metal grips, or at least what appear to be metal grips. Are they slick and can you replace them with something tackier if so?
    The SDP has front strap and back strap cuts. I find the aluminum ones with the grip tape adequate. But I would also consider this new grip from CZ: http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail...act-Black-Czub and the VZ Tactical or Diamond versions. I use the VZ's on my IDPA pistols. But the new aluminum one is very grippy and light.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Where in the heck are you guys getting these with a safety? The de cocker is in the way of my grip and I'd love to have one with a safety.

Thanks for the link Will.

I have a P01 and two P07's. The P01 is really accurate for a compact pistol; I got a 1 1/4" 5-shot group at 25 yds with Fed AE ball. It came through CZ Custom, so it's dehorned, has an excellent trigger and Heinie night sights. VZ grips. I had one with the metal grips and sold it; too slick for me. My thumb fits under the decocker, so that's not an issue. I never carry it anymore as it's been replaced by the P07's.

Only complaint about them is my XL hands can't easily grab the slide. If my hands were smaller, I'd probably carry a 75 pattern pistol instead of a Beretta 92G.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Only complaint about them is my XL hands can't easily grab the slide. If my hands were smaller, I'd probably carry a 75 pattern pistol instead of a Beretta 92G.
    Tom Givens mentioned the difficulty in grabbing the slide to clear malfunctions. I think he has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Tom Givens mentioned the difficulty in grabbing the slide to clear malfunctions. I think he has a point.
    That was always my biggest concern, as well. It is very possible, but easier with the thumb&forefinger slingshot method. Having used Glocks and 1911s the most, it was not intuitive to me. For many, though, it is.... All that being said, best group I've EVER shot was with a Custom Shop Shadow Target at 50' (5 rounds through the EXACT same hole). Only reason I knew that was the owner of the pistol was standing next to me and could see the movement of the target (slightly) with each shot and the impact on the backstop..

My P01 pistols shoot very close to a full bore Shadow, they are shooting little machines. Sling shot the slide for loading or stoppage -- the smallish slide contributes to their shootability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List