Page 61 of 431 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

More SHOT show love

https://youtu.be/a-aIBpX82Qg

Looks like from the screen shots there is room to have Tooltech install tritium in the rear sight if wanted.

Tired my GoogleFoo with the model numbers from Ernest pics, nothing showing up yet.

Definitely going to pick one up to try as an alternative to my CZ P01. Was looking for a used HK P2000 to try out, but this package is to good to pass up on. Great job again Ernest making this happen.
    Last edited by CoGT3; 01-20-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ernest, when and where can we order them?
    Quite a few meetings this week about this, but the guns should be available through regular distribution and hopefully will be shipping by the end of March. That is a pretty aggressive schedule, but it looks like it is all coming together to meet that timeline.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I really like what I see here and I have a question, what is the length of the grip from the root of the trigger guard to the magazine well?

I ask because according to the specs on the Beretta site, the overall height is 5", same as the Glock 19, but the rear tang (for a lack of a better word) seems to force the hand lower than it would be on a G19. That could mean that there is precious little space on the front strap for three fingers. In my hands, the G19, with finger grooves, is fine but a bit cramped (which works rather well at keeping a tight solid grip on the gun) and I fear that PX4 Compact may leave me with a dangling pinky finger.
    I don't have a tool to measure with here in my hotel room at SHOT. I can tell you that I have pretty big hands and my pinky does not hang off the bottom of the PX4 Compact. I can also tell you that I can reload a PX4 Compact without fear of giving myself a blood blister, which I cannot do with a Glock 19 or a 92 Compact for that matter.

I can measure for you when I get home if it is important.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So you are saying that this would be a gun that people would buy?
    crazy to think this all started with post #44 on PF.com

Quite a few meetings this week about this, but the guns should be available through regular distribution and hopefully will be shipping by the end of March. That is a pretty aggressive schedule, but it looks like it is all coming together to meet that timeline.
    Any chance that Beretta is going to submit one to Mass for approval...

Sorry, I'll go back to my corner and sniff unicorn farts now.

Aloha

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I really like what I see here and I have a question, what is the length of the grip from the root of the trigger guard to the magazine well?

I ask because according to the specs on the Beretta site, the overall height is 5", same as the Glock 19, but the rear tang (for a lack of a better word) seems to force the hand lower than it would be on a G19. That could mean that there is precious little space on the front strap for three fingers. In my hands, the G19, with finger grooves, is fine but a bit cramped (which works rather well at keeping a tight solid grip on the gun) and I fear that PX4 Compact may leave me with a dangling pinky finger.
    From the highest point where the trigger guard sweeps up into the grip (just ahead of the magazine release button) to the bottom edge of an inserted magazine base plate is 2.275". To the bottom of the frame itself is 2.1".

For whatever it is worth, I wear large gloves but don't consider my hands very "meaty", and the edge of my littlest finger sits just at the bottom of the grip. But no matter how hard I grip, I cannot get any flesh wrapped over the mag well opening far enough to get it pinched.

Compared to one of the earliest G23's (don't know if the grip length has changed on them?) with a grip sleeve.

Last edited by Rick_ICT; 01-21-2016 at 12:13 AM.

I know I'm an outlier, but I find the full size 92 is too short for me and occasionally pinch my hand or finger between the bottom of the frame and the baseplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post
    From the highest point where the trigger guard sweeps ...
    It's hard to tell exactly from the pictures, but do you feel you have more room on the Beretta or the Glock. You mentioned you haven't been pinched by the Beretta, how about the Glock?
    Last edited by JTQ; 01-21-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    It's hard to tell exactly from the pictures, but do you feel you have more room on the Beretta or the Glock. You mentioned you haven't been pinched by the Beretta, how about the Glock?
    There is definitely a little more length on the Glock. It has the cutout notch in the front of the magwell which makes it somewhat difficult to compare directly to the Beretta, but measuring from the highest part of the notch at the root of the trigger guard to where the grip would end if not for the notch I come up with 2.25".

Basically, the Glock without a magazine in it is almost (but not quite) as long as the Beretta with a magazine in place. However, the design of the magazine well openings are different and the walls are thicker on the Beretta. This is difficult to explain in writing or pictures, but if you were holding them both I think you would understand what I mean when I say the Beretta mag well seems far less likely to pinch you, even being just slightly shorter. The way the Glock well walls are tapered and the way the mag baseplate overhangs it and makes contact with it when slammed home makes for very good potential pinch points at the front corner and especially the rear corner just ahead of the frame gap on the strong side of the well.

Even though slightly more of the side of my hand protrudes below the grip on the Beretta, I don't feel like it is nearly as capable of pinching me.

Now I will say I am not a huge Glock shooter, and probably don't run any gun nearly as hard as most of you. I have not been pinched by this Glock and think my hand is just slightly too narrow to be pinched by it if I have a good, high grip. Keep in mind that this is one of the earliest Glock 23s from the early nineties, so I don't know if they have changed the lengths we are discussing here in later generations.

I know this picture would tell more if the slip on grip weren't on the Glock, but i tried to slip it off and remembered what a PITA getting it on there was, so this is what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a tool to measure with here in my hotel room at SHOT. I can tell you that I have pretty big hands and my pinky does not hang off the bottom of the PX4 Compact. I can also tell you that I can reload a PX4 Compact without fear of giving myself a blood blister, which I cannot do with a Glock 19 or a 92 Compact for that matter.

I can measure for you when I get home if it is important.
    No need, you and Rick_ICT have pretty much answered my question .

The extra info about the lack of blood blister danger alleviates another question I had.

Thanks again,

User Tag List