Page 53 of 431 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Please oh please convince Beretta to make the same package in the fullsize PX4 or at least an upgrade kit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    You probably have quite a bit of power to convince them yourself. Buy a few of the Langdon compact, and convince friends/family/acquaintances to do the same, and Beretta will see that there is a market to tap.

Guess I need to start sourcing magazines...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I've been thinking about a PX4 Compact for a while, sounds like your creation is exactly what I'm looking for....Thank you for your efforts and your reviews EL, I really enjoyed reading through the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Well, yes and no.

Here is the current plan:

PX4 Compact G Safety (with grip inserts)
    Special Trigger group (competition trigger group, coated parts and special springs)
    Special Ameriglow Sights, Plain black square notch rear with a Orange front TCAP night sight. Supposed to be .122" wide
    Stealth Safety levers and slide stop with frame plug installed
    Medium size magazine button
    Three magazines, Hopefully at least one of them will be the extended 17 round magazine
    Sniper Gray Cerakote slide (has to look different in the case somehow or people will not even know it is there, makes a cool two tone look)
    Talon grips in the box with the gun (stippling is way to time consuming on a production gun, cost would be crazy!)
    Certificate for 10% discount on a LTT class

There you have it, I think it is going to be a great package for a great price.

Sounds like a really nice configuration. I recently picked up a used Compact to see what all the excitement is about. Other than the width (which looks to be effectively dealt with here), this is one of the most size efficient handguns I've ever owned. A 15 round gun that is just slightly larger than the M&P9c makes for a nice concealed carry piece.

I really like the package Ernest put together!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really like the package Ernest put together!
    Even with the 10 round mags I'd be stuck with, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
    Aloha

You had me at "Well"

Intriguing...especially since this is coming from Ernest. Would be cool to try this out during his classes.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    For those of you already using the factory version of this pistol: what defensive ammo have you tested it with?

The general consensus around this forum, so far as I've understood it, tends to be Federal HST 147gr and Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P. However, at 3.2" we're getting down there in barrel length, and that may have an effect.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 01-10-2016 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Went watched Ammo Quest, should be good to go on both

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    For those of you already using the factory version of this pistol: what defensive ammo have you tested it with?

The general consensus around this forum, so far as I've understood it, tends to be Federal HST 147gr and Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P. However, at 3.2" we're getting down there in barrel length, and that may have an effect.
    In the testing I have seen, the Federal HST does really well in short barrel guns. That is part of the reason that LASD is switching to that round, they found it to perform very well in short barrel off duty guns.

That is what I have switched to for that reason.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List