Page 50 of 431 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    It's here, the Beretta PX4 we've been asking for, the PX4 Storm Deluxe, just in full size now, but I'm sure the Compact is soon to follow. (sarcasm)

PX4 Storm Deluxe http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-deluxe/

Edit to add: Off to the dentist to get my "grill" updated to match.
    I actually think that looks cool....but then again I just binged watched Narcos and have cartels on the mind

It's here, the Beretta PX4 we've been asking for, the PX4 Storm Deluxe, just in full size now, but I'm sure the Compact is soon to follow. (sarcasm)

Even the bling-bling demographic deserves quality products. In the "bling-bang " segment its either that Beretta or this bastardized Airsoft gun:

The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Even the bling-bling demographic deserves quality products. In the "bling-bang " segment its either that Beretta or this bastardized Airsoft gun:
    Or the Magnum Research Desert Eagle...in Titanium Gold with "authentic Bengal tiger stripes"

Aloha

I'd rather carry a Taurus. That thing is fugly.

Is that real?!?!?

That's so awesome!

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Is that real?!?!?
    I can only wish.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So the PX4 project is really coming together. Looks like we will have samples at the SHOT Show and production units available in first quarter of 2016. Very excited about this project and hope to have pictures of the sample guns up right before SHOT Show.
    Any early hints?

I realize the response (if any) will probably be "Wait for the pictures to come out right before SHOT" but what the heck, a guy can ask. And engaging in idle speculation is fun, at any rate.

I'm guessing "G" series de-cocker only, but what style levers? Stealth, original, 92fs or better yet something like the stealth with a little more pad thickness at the bottom? I assume it will probably be the off the shelf Stealth lever kit, but that would mean Beretta or someone installing the right side frame plug (unless they produce a right side stealth slide stop lever which isn't currently available, which would be awesome).

The sights seem to be a known quantity at this point.

Probably safe to assume a somewhat reduced rate hammer spring for a lighter D/A trigger pull than the standard of over 10 pounds? I think you had indicated you were back to using a Cougar D spring, I'm guessing that is roughly as low as Beretta would be willing to go from the factory. I've also gone to that spring, because although I have had zero failures to go bang with a 13# Wilson Combat 92 spring with two coils cut off (only just over 1k rounds of Lawman 124gr TMJ though) I realized the gun didn't seem as flat shooting as it had been. I thought maybe the hammer spring was responsible for absorbing more slide energy than I had realized, so I bumped it back up a little and the D spring seemed to be the standard solution. Initial impressions are that it helped, but I really need to get to the range with both springs and shoot them back to back. It did cost me around 3/4 pound on the D/A pull (8 1/4 lbs but still getting better as it breaks in). Maybe the "Special Purpose" hammer group? It's supposed to feature chromed/coated parts for reduced friction and a lower spring rate I believe. This would also save the step of the custom trigger job you did on yours for your super-low D/A pull weights. Any idea what the target trigger pull weights will be?

Will the small standard mag release be replaced by the medium? The small is borderline difficult/uncomfortable to operate and the large just gets slightly in the way of a high left-handed grip. Maybe it will come with the three button kit?

I know there is a DLC finish locking block out there, but I believe that is for the full-size SD .45, so I doubt it would even apply here.

Now the the big one: Could you possibly have convinced Beretta or someone else to stipple the entire grip area? As others have mentioned, that may be one of the biggest appeals of the modified guns you have shown, and the one modification many of us are chicken to attempt on our own! The factory checking on the front and backstrap are nice, but it could use more. There are some who dislike the look of stippling, but this gun really wants for it.

I'm looking forward to the details. If it is what I am envisioning and the price feels right, I expect to be in for one or maybe two (if I sell my current PX4), and possibly a third as a gift for someone who enjoyed shooting my current sample. Can't wait!

[/idle speculation]

Even the hammer group pin is gold. Why is the hammer group pin gold?

I don't care for it, but the Sig (rainbow, diamond plate, ect) marketing method seems to work. Why is this country full of people that want these things?

User Tag List