Page 418 of 431 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    I shot my PX4CC for the first time in a while this past weekend.

Wow.

I almost forgot how nice it shoots. I put one of the Langdon optimized performance trigger bars in mine. Really tore through some rapid doubletaps. Kept the hits in a pretty coherent pattern. I shot my 92F side by side. The PX4CC shot just as well.

It always feels a little bulky when I carry it. The slide is just... fat. But it has to be one of the nicest shooting pistols out there, regardless of size. I've never shot a full sized PX4. I imagine it's excellent.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

It always feels a little bulky when I carry it. The slide is just... fat. But it has to be one of the nicest shooting pistols out there, regardless of size. I've never shot a full sized PX4. I imagine it's excellent.
    The full-size PX4 is so excellent that for years and years I argued with people online that .40 does not have appreciably more recoil than 9mm. My only handgun I had a serious round count on was a PX4 .40 and I had shot it side-by-side with 9mms and found them nearly indistinguishable. Only much later did I shoot a Glock 23 and appreciated that it wasn't the lack of recoil in .40, it was how superbly the PX4 was engineered to handle that recoil.

The PX4 platform is good homemade food. It might not have the sleek presentation of restaurant plating, but it has flavor where it counts.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

PX4 Observations

I have had a chance to spend some time with my LTT PX4 Compact Carry RDO in the past few months since I picked it up. I opted for the Boresight Solutions frame texturing. I have another pistol with their medium texturing and I do not think it has enough friction (at some point I am going to take up Ben's offer to send it back in). I opted for the sharp texturing on the PX4. The sharp texturing is the way to go. I carry it appendix with no problems. The only issue I had was the texturing under the trigger guard was too sharp and was ripping up my support hand finger. Ben recommended I sand it a little with 400 grit sandpaper. A few swipes with the sandpaper and it is perfect. Going forward I am sticking with sharp/aggressive texture on future guns and will dial back the texture as needed with sandpaper.

Another observation: I am using a Keeper's Concealment Keeper holster with a DCC monoblock. The RDO keeper does not have the clearance to fully seat my SRO equipped PX4. It appears to be designed for optics that don't project as far forward towards the breach (RMR, 508t etc). The holster material is at least as resistant to heat reforming as a Safariland duty holster. I am going to do more work on it but I would consider a JM Custom Kydex holster if I had the aid of hindsight.

Lastly: The sharp front corners of the metal magazines coupled with the plastic PX4 magwell and my current skill level leaves a lot to be desired. There is very little room for error keeping those front mag corners from hanging up during a reload at speed. I am going to try to try to bevel a test mag and see what happens.

Overall the gun is as good as advertised. Being able to split .17s shooting Doubles at 7 yards and stack bugholes with a carry piece is awesome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The PX4 platform is good homemade food. It might not have the sleek presentation of restaurant plating, but it has flavor where it counts.
    Nice. Your metaphor game is on point.

But, I catch your drift--it excels in what matters. It doesn't care about your preconceived notions of body... er, slide... image beyond that.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Anyone know if the new LTT RDO cut on a PX4 includes different safety/decock levers? I know the 92 RDO cut does, but there's no information about the PX4.

I'm sniffing around for a cheap PX4 to get milled, and I want to know if I should throw some stealth levers on there before sending it in.

Site Supporter
    There’s no change in safety configuration. I had them change the levers to stealth levers while they had the slide.

Thinking about treating myself to a LTT PX4 CC with RDO cut as a Merrry Chrismas to me. This will be a companion to my Glocks.

Thanks to all for posting the bountiful info.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Thinking about treating myself to a LTT PX4 CC with RDO cut as a Merrry Chrismas to me. This will be a companion to my Glocks.

Thanks to all for posting the bountiful info.

Steve
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    A Langdon-ized PX4 is a very competent handgun; the PX4 replaced my Glock 19 as the go-to "compact sized 9mm." Just this morning, I pulled the trigger (metaphorically) and sold the last Glock of any sort that remained in the house. After learning about the care and feeding of PX4's (and now 92X's as well) and finding out how much the DA/SA negatives were overblown, the Glocks became redundant.

As a former confirmed Berettaphobe, this was not something I would have expected.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    A Langdon-ized PX4 is a very competent handgun; the PX4 replaced my Glock 19 as the go-to "compact sized 9mm." Just this morning, I pulled the trigger (metaphorically) and sold the last Glock of any sort that remained in the house. After learning about the care and feeding of PX4's (and now 92X's as well) and finding out how much the DA/SA negatives were overblown, the Glocks became redundant.

As a former confirmed Berettaphobe, this was not something I would have expected.
    I had much the same experience.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List