Page 417 of 431 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Always late to the party, I am…

These have never been on my radar screen, and being a good little Glock minion I’ve always ignored this thread. However, researching the 92 work done by LTT made me start reading this one.

I was out running errands today and stopped at a local fun store. They had a couple of horribly overpriced PX4s on the shelf, and I had a chance to handle one that I think was a compact. I was surprised at the size, I knew it was similar to a G19 but it seemed bigger than expected. Once I got over that, I was impressed by the handling.

I may need to find one in rental somewhere.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Always late to the party, I am…

These have never been on my radar screen, and being a good little Glock minion I’ve always ignored this thread. However, researching the 92 work done by LTT made me start reading this one.

I was out running errands today and stopped at a local fun store. They had a couple of horribly overpriced PX4s on the shelf, and I had a chance to handle one that I think was a compact. I was surprised at the size, I knew it was similar to a G19 but it seemed bigger than expected. Once I got over that, I was impressed by the handling.

I may need to find one in rental somewhere.
    It's a very soft shooter. A stock PX4 is a bit dated and very bulky, with no grip texture.

However, with a stipple job, low profile non ambi slide stop, G conversion, slimmer decock levers, and maybe some Langdon trigger parts, I really think it is the best DA/SA carry pistol available today. Its a compensated Glock with a 92 grip angle and trigger. The slimmer levers in a dedicated holster from JM which is for the slimmed down LTT PX4s carries like a completely different gun than stock.
    Name:  20220724_134647.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  42.6 KB

Compare the bulk of the 2 holsters, one for a stock PX4C and one for an LTT PX4CC.

Name:  20220903_105025.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  82.3 KB

Now I need to find one of Ernest’s guns to handle…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Epic thread for epic gun…

I just joined after reading some of this thread. I just got a PX4 Compact from brother in law. Love it so far. It is a stock model from Beretta so I have plans to do a few upgrades from Langdon.

The most important for me with older eyes is the Red Dot slide cut. I called a few places to try and find a slide for purchase. Nobody has them? I have seen a few on eBay but they are used. Probably no issues but I would prefer a new one. Since it takes 4-5 weeks I would prefer to send a new slide to LTT and keep the gun operational with the original slide. I sent an email to Beretta asking if slides are available but no reply yet. Anyone have a source where a new slide can be purchased?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNeat View Post
    I just joined after reading some of this thread. I just got a PX4 Compact from brother in law. Love it so far. It is a stock model from Beretta so I have plans to do a few upgrades from Langdon.

The most important for me with older eyes is the Red Dot slide cut. I called a few places to try and find a slide for purchase. Nobody has them? I have seen a few on eBay but they are used. Probably no issues but I would prefer a new one. Since it takes 4-5 weeks I would prefer to send a new slide to LTT and keep the gun operational with the original slide. I sent an email to Beretta asking if slides are available but no reply yet. Anyone have a source where a new slide can be purchased?

I expect that would be hard to find... ebay or gunrboker?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now I need to find one of Ernest’s guns to handle…
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just a couple of parts upgrades (the G-type "Carry" levers are a must), an LTT trigger job and the Boresight Solutions texturing make a "Langdonized" PX4 an absolutely superb defensive pistol.

I can't justify the texturing on my own pistols, but if I could, the Boresight work done through LTT would get the nod. There may be other stipplers out there that are as good or better, but I have not personally handled their work.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I expect that would be hard to find... ebay or gunrboker?
    Checked Gunbroker a few times and no slides. I called and spoke to Beretta today also. They have no inventory and don't have any expectations of any slides soon. Slides come out of Italy so the whole supply chain thing plus the age of the handgun... Midwest and Brownells have nothing. If anyone gets them it would likely be LTT with the relationship they have with Beretta.

Ebay is a possibility but I'm taking my chances there with a used slide from unknown sellers. Not sure if I'll send it in for the red dot cut unless I can get another slide.

I might order the upgraded iron sights from LTT (ameriglo) or possibly the Trijicon which looks like a better upgrade that the one LTT sells. The Trijicon have the Tritium rears instead of the blacked out rear and the orange front sight. Then I'll order the trigger job in a bag from LTT and probably just enjoy the firearm as is until I can find another DA/SA that is a bit more modern and comes ready for an optic plate.

Joey Neat?

Checked Gunbroker a few times and no slides. I called and spoke to Beretta today also. They have no inventory and don't have any expectations of any slides soon. Slides come out of Italy so the whole supply chain thing plus the age of the handgun... Midwest and Brownells have nothing. If anyone gets them it would likely be LTT with the relationship they have with Beretta.

Ebay is a possibility but I'm taking my chances there with a used slide from unknown sellers. Not sure if I'll send it in for the red dot cut unless I can get another slide.

I might order the upgraded iron sights from LTT (ameriglo) or possibly the Trijicon which looks like a better upgrade that the one LTT sells. The Trijicon have the Tritium rears instead of the blacked out rear and the orange front sight. Then I'll order the trigger job in a bag from LTT and probably just enjoy the firearm as is until I can find another DA/SA that is a bit more modern and comes ready for an optic plate.
    There was a guy that went by the username Joey Neat on both ar15 and Beretta Forum selling an LTT PX4 Compact in your neck of the woods - any relation? Either way, he's got a complete setup and the price was actually very reasonable considering what was included.

In any case, you're not going to be able to find a new slide unless you get lucky and someone lists on on GunBroker....you can't even find barrels for the PX4. There was some nutjob on Beretta Forum asking something like $350 each for his unopened PX4 barrels. I don't know if Beretta is even manufacturing PX4 parts at the moment...according to LTT they go back and forth on whether to continue the entire line frequently.

I bought a used full-size slide off GunBroker a couple of weeks ago - I didn't have any issues buying used as I'm just buying for the parts and out of concern that the PX4 may be discontinued, but considering you'd be sending it off to LTT to get cut and they refinish the slide and install some new proprietary slide components anyway...what's the problem? If there were an issue with any of the parts, at least you'd be able to get a replacement from probably one of the only outlets in the US that has PX4 parts in-house.

What's so "modern" about the newer guns outside of being optic ready? DA/SA guns inherently have issues with optics because of their design, but the LTT solution is pretty identical to how other "modern" guns solve the optics problem. Look at Staccato - it's a plate system just the same.

I've sent several guns - 2 full-size PX4's I just got today in the mail and a few other 92's for both the trigger work and optic cuts. The 92's I got back in I think 6-8 weeks and the PX4's took a little longer only because I opted to get NP3 internals on one and that takes time. Any hesitation about sending stuff into Langdon is silly - buy a nice-looking used slide, send it in, wait, then smile.
    Last edited by bigspoon; 10-10-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigspoon View Post
    There was a guy that went by the username Joey Neat on both ar15 and Beretta Forum selling an LTT PX4 Compact in your neck of the woods - any relation? Either way, he's got a complete setup and the price was actually very reasonable considering what was included.

In any case, you're not going to be able to find a new slide unless you get lucky and someone lists on on GunBroker....you can't even find barrels for the PX4. There was some nutjob on Beretta Forum asking something like $350 each for his unopened PX4 barrels. I don't know if Beretta is even manufacturing PX4 parts at the moment...according to LTT they go back and forth on whether to continue the entire line frequently.

I bought a used full-size slide off GunBroker a couple of weeks ago - I didn't have any issues buying used as I'm just buying for the parts and out of concern that the PX4 may be discontinued, but considering you'd be sending it off to LTT to get cut and they refinish the slide and install some new proprietary slide components anyway...what's the problem? If there were an issue with any of the parts, at least you'd be able to get a replacement from probably one of the only outlets in the US that has PX4 parts in-house.

What's so "modern" about the newer guns outside of being optic ready? DA/SA guns inherently have issues with optics because of their design, but the LTT solution is pretty identical to how other "modern" guns solve the optics problem. Look at Staccato - it's a plate system just the same.

I've sent several guns - 2 full-size PX4's I just got today in the mail and a few other 92's for both the trigger work and optic cuts. The 92's I got back in I think 6-8 weeks and the PX4's took a little longer only because I opted to get NP3 internals on one and that takes time. Any hesitation about sending stuff into Langdon is silly - buy a nice-looking used slide, send it in, wait, then smile.
    No relation to the other Neat. I am checking ebay for a compact slide for 9mm but I don't think I've found one yet. I have no problem sending a slide in for the work but losing the firearm for several weeks is not an option. If I can find the slide that will make a big difference. I'm fairly new to handguns so I guess I didn't realize that most DA/SA guns have the issue of mounting a dot. Carrying AIWB though I prefer the additional peace of mind the DA brings to holstering and since I do a lot of dryfire, it helps with not having to reset the trigger between pulls.

Seems like it would be a shame for beretta to discontinue the PX4 line considering the reputation it has amongst those using it but if they aren't selling... guess there aren't many options left. I like the design and the looks of the pistol. I have tried a few Glocks and just don't care for them even though everyone seems to use them. I've have a personality tendency to go NON-meta and against the grain.

No relation to the other Neat. I am checking ebay for a compact slide for 9mm but I don't think I've found one yet. I have no problem sending a slide in for the work but losing the firearm for several weeks is not an option. If I can find the slide that will make a big difference. I'm fairly new to handguns so I guess I didn't realize that most DA/SA guns have the issue of mounting a dot. Carrying AIWB though I prefer the additional peace of mind the DA brings to holstering and since I do a lot of dryfire, it helps with not having to reset the trigger between pulls.

Seems like it would be a shame for beretta to discontinue the PX4 line considering the reputation it has amongst those using it but if they aren't selling... guess there aren't many options left. I like the design and the looks of the pistol. I have tried a few Glocks and just don't care for them even though everyone seems to use them. I've have a personality tendency to go NON-meta and against the grain.
    Check GunBroker also...if I were you and could afford to spend the money, I'd seriously consider the PX4 Compact I mentioned. If he's in New York you might even be able to swing a local deal and knock off a few more bucks off his ask.

It was a fully decked out - including all NP3 internals and mags PX4 Compact Carry with the RDO cut. I think he was asking $1k and I'm guessing he'd take $900 for the whole thing if you met him in person which would save him the expense and hassle of shipping.

You'd have a seriously nice piece, plus yours as a backup/parts/whatever.

Here's his ad - he was willing to take $1k when I asked him a few weeks back before deciding to go with the full-size.

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=152796

User Tag List