Page 416 of 431 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    I have an LTT RDO 92 Compact with NP3 and Carry Bevel. I also have an LTT PX4 in NP3 with Boresight Solutions grip work. Both have a 2.5 MOA SRO mounted.

The PX4 is much more enjoyable to carry from a weight perspective and also carries a bit smaller. I personally shoot the PX4 better and find the recoil more enjoyable. It tracks very well with a dot.

The trigger on the 92 (12 lb hammer spring) is absolutely unreal. But the PX4 is very good. My only gripe with the PX4 trigger is that it’s polymer and there aren’t any reliable steel alternatives.

But again, the PX4 is noticeably lighter and easier to carry. I’ll post pics tomorrow.
    Thank you for your feedback, @tlong17. I've thought about it and ordered a PX4 with the Boresight Solutions package. While the 92s have phenomenal triggers, it sounds to me like the "real-world" characteristics of both triggers will be similar enough to not matter, especially in the context of a self-defense pistol. I also had to be honest with myself and admit that I would probably carry a heavier metal pistol less than a polymer one.

@No.6 I agree that it is probably a wash either way between the two pistols. Thanks for your post.

@HCM I hadn't considered overseas sales- I guess I'm Ameri-centric

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, @tlong17. I've thought about it and ordered a PX4 with the Boresight Solutions package. While the 92s have phenomenal triggers, it sounds to me like the "real-world" characteristics of both triggers will be similar enough to not matter, especially in the context of a self-defense pistol. I also had to be honest with myself and admit that I would probably carry a heavier metal pistol less than a polymer one.

@No.6 I agree that it is probably a wash either way between the two pistols. Thanks for your post.

@HCM I hadn't considered overseas sales- I guess I'm Ameri-centric
    Fantastic pistol. I am confident you will like it a lot. It is worth the wait too for Ben at Boresight to do his work, especially on a PX4.

Initial impressions: nice compliment to the LTT Elite 92 RDO.

I've recently switched to primarily TDA guns for many of the reasons commonly cited on P-F. I originally purchased a LTT 92 RDO in November but have found for my size and body type, it is just outside the margin of comfort and convenience for appendix carry. Based on this thread, I pulled the trigger on a LTT PX4 CC RDO with Boresight Solutions' texturing. The NP3 option wasn't available at the time, but I feel like it is more of a "nice to have" than a "need to have" option. The total paid was $1515 shipped, and the quoted lead time was 6-12 weeks (Dec. 2021). Wait time was exactly six weeks from the date of purchase.

Initial shooting impressions: I was able to put a quick 250 rounds through the gun yesterday (150 Federal 115gr range ammo and 50 Speer GD 124gr +p). I don't have any objective shooting data or pictures of targets- more to come in the future.

Subjective impressions: Having primarily carried Glock 19s, I was impressed with the characteristics of the recoil impulse of the PX4. In a side-by-side comparison with a G-19 MOS, the PX4 feels softer and has more of a rearward "push" than a "snap," especially with +p ammunition. I also found the dot was easier to track in the window with the PX4. The trigger doesn't "feel" as smooth as the NP3'd LTT 92, but the characteristics of the DA and SA pulls are similar enough to the 92 that I essentially had no learning curve with the PX4's trigger.

I am likely going to replace my G5 19 MOS carry gun with the PX4. Both are more than adequate options, but one of the main shortcomings of the PX4 in my opinion (sight radius) is negated by the RDO.

As with the LTT Elite 92 RDO, I continue to be impressed with @LangdonTactical 's service and value. They aren't the cheapest pistols but represent probably the best out-of-the-box value for what you pay for, in my opinion.
    Name:  ltt.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  86.7 KB

Has anyone successfully duplicated the magazine feed lip bevel formerly offered by Langdon/Robar?

I am thinking a bench grinder or rotary tool could work but I'd like it to look nice if possible.

If anyone is still doing it professionally I am interested in paying for it.

Name:  Langdon Modified PX4 Magazine.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  40.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Has anyone successfully duplicated the magazine feed lip bevel formerly offered by Langdon/Robar?

I am thinking a bench grinder or rotary tool could work but I'd like it to look nice if possible.

If anyone is still doing it professionally I am interested in paying for it.

Name:  Langdon Modified PX4 Magazine.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  40.1 KB
    https://langdontactical.com/px4-compact-magazines/

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    From the link:

LTT is no longer beveling PX4 magazines!
    What was the purpose of the mag bevel? I hadn't heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    The sharp corners at the front of the stock magazine tend to hang up in the magwell during reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    From the link:

Sorry, missed that. Always hoped to get some more but they were never in stock when I checked.

Guess I will have to take one apart and use it as a template.

Couple things: the more I use my PX4CC (five-ish years now), the more I like it. I attended a class a couple weeks ago, and noticed a couple things

1) this applies not just to the PX4CC, but all guns of this size: my hands are just meaty enough that when I did a slide-lock reload under stress, I didn't seat a 15-round compact mag quite enough, which caused a malf; took an eagle-eyed instructor to notice this, as it had happened to me before. I need to use 17 or 20 round mags for my emergency reloads and/or make sure I give the mag a smack/tug when I reload.

2) I got to see a video of us on the firing line. I know people say that the PX4 is a flat-shooting gun, but man was it obvious next to the other students. Admittedly, I was working on my grip, but watching myself in those videos, I actually said, "that thing is recoiling so gently, he's going to have a problem (even though I didn't)." That’s how obvious it was.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 10-03-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Sorry, missed that. Always hoped to get some more but they were never in stock when I checked.
    I had missed that also. I had noticed a slight price decrease in the full size PX4 NP3 mags, and assumed it was a result of them becoming a more common product. I notice the full size mags at LTT don't have the same note, but it probably does carry over to the full size models.

https://langdontactical.com/px4-magazines-full-size/

Another advantage with the NP3 mags, at least compared to other new PX4 mags, all the packing goo in the standard mags is missing from the LTT NP3 mags. The handful of standard mags I have all required quite a bit of work to clean that brown goo out of the tubes before the follower would consistently move freely throughout the range of movement.

User Tag List