Page 415 of 431 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Absolutely. I actually have one of MFREY's keys, so can give a direct comparison. Again, the 1913 rail version of the TLR-7 Sub is what fits the PX4CC.

TLR-7 Sub on the top, TLR-7A on the bottom:
    Attachment 75637

TLR-7 Sub on the left, TLR-7A with MFREY's key on the right:
    Attachment 75638

TLR-7 Sub on the left, TLR-7A with MFREY's key on the right (mounted, with both pistols aligned at the trigger pins):
    Attachment 75639

TLR-7 Sub interface with the accessory rail:
    Attachment 75640

TLR-7A with MFREY's key interface with the accessory rail:
    Attachment 75641

TLR-7 Sub mounted:
    Attachment 75642

TLR-7A with MFREY's key mounted:
    Attachment 75643

Comparison of both lights mounted:
    Attachment 75644

The two lights are positioned at about the same location when mounted and protrude similarly from the front of the gun. They have the same controls and provide the same illumination capabilities. I would say the TLR-7 Sub fits the accessory rail better than the TLR-7A with MFREY's key, but I've also never had any issues with the latter over the past few years. I would imagine holster selection for the TLR-7 Sub would be better than for the TLR-7A with MFREY's key.
    1. Is there a laser/light module that fits and doesnt hang down lower than the trigger guard? The CT railmaster pro is all I have found sof far.
    2. is the grip angle the same as the 92? I am looking for a full size HD and compact CCW pair. what goes better with the LTT RDO 92, the px4 or the 92 compact? There are complaints here about the grip. Is it just the slick sides or the angle? I am looking for a grip angle more vertical than the glocks. This would replace my G19.
    3. Is the exposed hammer easy to cock? There is a world of great info in the thread but I have not read it all.

Site Supporter
    I can't answer #1.

2. Grip angle is the same as the 92 as much as I can tell. Some folks feel the grip is too slick. I have three of them and have the Talon covers for them, but haven't put them on. The stock checkering is enough for me.

3. The hammer is pretty easy to cock. On a defensive pistol, that's a bad idea, since it's too easy to make that first shot. The PX4's DA is pretty nice, and lighter hammer springs make it nicer while maintaining reliability.

Seeking input: 92 compact RDO vs. PX4 CC RDO

I've been very pleased with my full size LTT Elite 92 RDO, but am looking for a more G19-sized option DA/SA carry gun. It appears the consensus is in favor of the PX4: for those who have experience with both, which do you think is a better carry option since Ernest has made some upgrades to the 92 compact since this post was started. None of the gun stores in my area have either in stock to compare re: size, ergonomics, etc.

92 Compact RDO Pros:
    -parts, holster, magazine, trigger mechanism, grip angle commonality with 92 full size

Cons:
    -(from what I've read) size isn't that much smaller.
    -weight
    -in-stock availability from LTT TBD

PX4 Pros:
    -Lighter weight(?)

PX4 cons:
    -$1300-1500 for a polymer gun
    -different trigger from the 92
    -additional holsters, parts equipment to purchase
    -not a "legacy" design like the 92, so questioning the availability of factory support/parts down the road (perhaps a non-issue).
    Last edited by JTPHD; 12-27-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    I've been very pleased with my full size LTT Elite 92 RDO, but am looking for a more G19-sized option DA/SA carry gun. It appears the consensus is in favor of the PX4: for those who have experience with both, which do you think is a better carry option since Ernest has made some upgrades to the 92 compact since this post was started. None of the gun stores in my area have either in stock to compare re: size, ergonomics, etc.

92 Compact RDO Pros:
    -parts, holster, magazine, trigger mechanism, grip angle commonality with 92 full size

Cons:
    -weight

PX4 Pros:
    -Lighter weight(?)

PX4 cons:
    -not a "legacy" design like the 92, so questioning the availability of factory support/parts down the road (perhaps a non-issue).
    I have an LTT RDO 92 Compact with NP3 and Carry Bevel. I also have an LTT PX4 in NP3 with Boresight Solutions grip work. Both have a 2.5 MOA SRO mounted.

The PX4 is much more enjoyable to carry from a weight perspective and also carries a bit smaller. I personally shoot the PX4 better and find the recoil more enjoyable. It tracks very well with a dot.

The trigger on the 92 (12 lb hammer spring) is absolutely unreal. But the PX4 is very good. My only gripe with the PX4 trigger is that it’s polymer and there aren’t any reliable steel alternatives.

But again, the PX4 is noticeably lighter and easier to carry. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

92 Compact RDO Pros:

Cons:
    -weight

PX4 Pros:
    -Lighter weight(?)

PX4 cons:
    I'm going to not go out on a limb here and say it's a wash. Reliability is solid either way. I happened to be a Cougar user, but if I'd been a vet with 92 experience I'd have glommed onto the 92x series. For civi use I suspect my 3.2" barrel is concealing better but it's winter so I could carry my wak and nobody'd know right now. Conversely, my readings of PX4 Storm Tracker and others suggest that the full PX4 and 92 series are better at/outside 25y. You could be OCD like me and mull this over, or pick something and be happy. I finally did, spurred by LTT's Black Friday sale. The old 19.2 is no worse than it was before, but this is on a completely different level.

If on the edge, go with the heart.

(edit, addressing some other items: I also did not elect to install the Talon grips since I had no issues as-is. My theory on many things is not to F with them if not broken. On hammer, I think the recessed hammer looks cool and I elected against it, because the default hammer is also cool and doesn't interfere. I have tried a type C PX4 and found the arrangement great and the always-near-DA pull non-preferred; I'd go for a "D" over a "C" PX4. I can only see the difference mattering in some pseudo-bravado scenario where cocking the hammer deters the perp. Since IMO that's movie nonsense ignore that and treat the question as a stylistic one.)
    Last edited by No.6; 12-28-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Site Supporter

92 Compact RDO Pros:

Cons:
    -weight

PX4 Pros:
    -Lighter weight(?)

PX4 cons:
    I tried a PX4 compact and it wasn’t for me but to address your concern about factory support, while the PX4 had teething issues and was generally a sleeper in the US, Beretta has sold tens of thousands of them to police forces in the rest of the world. The four biggest users, South Africa, Bolivia, Venezuela and Romania account for well over 100k pistols. Factory support should be available for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Non Rmr footprint plates are available or in the works, including the 509(not yet ready but showing on the site).

Attachment 80449
    509t plates showing available to order for both px4 and 92's.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    3. Is the exposed hammer easy to cock?
    Yes, it is... and that is despite it being among the least obtrusive of USEABLE pistol hammers. I found that substituting a bobbed hammer did not provide me with much measurable improvement WRT concealability or "slickness," and actually was retrograde for my habit of holstering with the thumb against the hammer to detect rearward movement- in a nutshell, my thumb tends to slip forward without the "spur."

Ernest Langdon did yeoman work in eventually hauling Beretta to the winners' circle as far as the PX4 series is concerned. With relatively little effort or expense, these can now be tailored to work so well for so many disparate users that it sort of pisses me off how little attention they get.

Old cats can be SO cranky.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Yes, it is... and that is despite it being among the least obtrusive of USEABLE pistol hammers. I found that substituting a bobbed hammer did not provide me with much measurable improvement WRT concealability or "slickness," and actually was retrograde for my habit of holstering with the thumb against the hammer to detect rearward movement- in a nutshell, my thumb tends to slip forward without the "spur."

Ernest Langdon did yeoman work in eventually hauling Beretta to the winners' circle as far as the PX4 series is concerned. With relatively little effort or expense, these can now be tailored to work so well for so many disparate users that it sort of pisses me off how little attention they get.

Old cats can be SO cranky.
    I have been lurking here for years and remember the beginning of this thread back in 2015, didn't know who Langdon was.

I go one with the black friday deal, left the hammer exposed. Easy to thumb cock with one hand, smooth double action. I shot a west german sig P226 from late 80s til 18 when switched to glocks with scd partly getting away from sa/da. But have issues with glocks and kept reading about how Langdon has transformed sa/da on the berettas along with the rdo plate.

Mounted a 507c acss. Took the slide off to lube and it looked like grease was already in place. First 45 rounds of blaser brass were ftf mostly. some fte, but 5 rounds of 147hst were flawless. It was flawless after that with 124 & 115 gr Winchester white box and 124 gr men.

Has the 147 hst been reliable? My only complaints are the short barrel and lack of lights and laser/ lights that fit. I would like to thank everyone for all the great info in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    I have been lurking here for years and remember the beginning of this thread back in 2015, didn't know who Langdon was.

I go one with the black friday deal, left the hammer exposed. Easy to thumb cock with one hand, smooth double action. I shot a west german sig P226 from late 80s til 18 when switched to glocks with scd partly getting away from sa/da. But have issues with glocks and kept reading about how Langdon has transformed sa/da on the berettas along with the rdo plate.

Mounted a 507c acss. Took the slide off to lube and it looked like grease was already in place. First 45 rounds of blaser brass were ftf mostly. some fte, but 5 rounds of 147hst were flawless. It was flawless after that with 124 & 115 gr Winchester white box and 124 gr men.

Has the 147 hst been reliable? My only complaints are the short barrel and lack of lights and laser/ lights that fit. I would like to thank everyone for all the great info in this thread.
    See https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ce#post1254601

User Tag List