Page 410 of 431 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    LTT is definitely the reason to go with a PX4. Their RDO setup is pretty awesome and I'm not sure if CZ has anything quite as good outside of direct milling.

That said, you can get a staggeringly good trigger on a P-07 with a little work by CGW or CZ custom. To me, it's six of one and half a dozen of another, so I'll go with the internet's favorite answer:

Get both.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Wish I was baller enough for both. Maybe one day

I have a Compact Carry with Langdon trigger parts and had a P-07 with a full house Cajun trigger package installed by them. Found the PX-4 more controllable and recoil impulse IMO was considerably flatter.
    Though the CZ was plenty accurate I didn’t find it particularly pleasant to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I have a Compact Carry with Langdon trigger parts and had a P-07 with a full house Cajun trigger package installed by them. Found the PX-4 more controllable and recoil impulse IMO was considerably flatter.
    Though the CZ was plenty accurate I didn’t find it particularly pleasant to shoot.
    Agreed. There definitely is something to that rotating barrel lock up versus the tilting Browning barrel lock up. In my experience, for a pistol of it's size and weight, it has no business being so flat shooting.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Agreed. There definitely is something to that rotating barrel lock up versus the tilting Browning barrel lock up. In my experience, for a pistol of it's size and weight, it has no business being so flat shooting.
    I really like the PX4 Subcompact, but the larger Px4's that have the rotary lockup have a different - "flatter" is a good description - recoil sensation that is not simply due to weight/length differences. The SC would benefit by the rotary sytem, though I can see why it was not possible given the OAL.

(That being said, the SC does have the good points of being simpler, as well as more tolerant of less-than-optimal lubrication.)

The whole PX4 line is sort of doomed to second-tier status unless Beretta redoes the grip shape/texture like they did when the Nano evolved into the APX Carry. This is a pity, as despite the "unusual" (for a handgun) lockup, these things remain one of the better pistols out there, and are usually priced significantly lower than the latest flavor of the month in 9mm bullet launchers.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    How much of a capital investment for Beretta is it to make a change to the mold so the the PX4 is not completely smooth sided?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    PX4 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    How much of a capital investment for Beretta is it to make a change to the mold so the the PX4 is not completely smooth sided?
    Injection molded polymer of the type used in grip frames is a bit outside my bailiwick, but the dies and related slides are not cheap. It isn't like the old days of die-making where it was all done essentially by hand and pantographs, but it is still a chunk of change.

That said, any new dies of similar size should (!) be able to be run in the existing molding machinery... at least in theory.

Beretta can certainly do it, as the APX Carry grip is a fantastic upgrade of the Nano grip (the square trigger guard notwithstanding); no "death grip" is required, and it indexes in the hand much more reliably. A similar redesign is - IMHO - the last piece of the PX4 that needs to fall into place, as Ernest Langdon and Beretta have done the rest. Do the compact first and see how she sells.
    gn

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Injection molded polymer of the type used in grip frames is a bit outside my bailiwick, but the dies and related slides are not cheap. It isn't like the old days of die-making where it was all done essentially by hand and pantographs, but it is still a chunk of change.

That said, any new dies of similar size should (!) be able to be run in the existing molding machinery... at least in theory.

Beretta can certainly do it, as the APX Carry grip is a fantastic upgrade of the Nano grip (the square trigger guard notwithstanding); no "death grip" is required, and it indexes in the hand much more reliably. A similar redesign is - IMHO - the last piece of the PX4 that needs to fall into place, as Ernest Langdon and Beretta have done the rest. Do the compact first and see how she sells.
    I don't disagree with you. I just think the LTT PX4 project got a lot publicity when it took off and they were unable to keep production up with demand several times.

That was probably the time to realize that a little bit of investment in the platform is warranted. Now that the hype has died down a bit, I don't know what would be necessary for them to get the message.

Recently we had some strong sentiments expressed of the forum on Walther's ability to do market research and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Walther couldn't market free sex with supermodels at a Star Trek convention.
    I'm not sure Beretta is all that much better, but at least Ernest consults for them and tells them what's up.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Agreed, grip frame sides are smooth texture-wise and could use some re-work. I’ve solved the problem with the Talon rubber like pebble texture stick ons. I cut them out on the front and back. The factory texture on the fore and aft pistol grip give plenty of texture bite. With the Talon set up I can fire long strings without the pistol shifting in hand and no need to re-grip. The pistol stays locked in hand. Maybe that’s why my PX4 CC shipped with the Talon. Good call Ernest and Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Agreed, grip frame sides are smooth texture-wise and could use some re-work. I’ve solved the problem with the Talon rubber like pebble texture stick ons. I cut them out on the front and back. The factory texture on the fore and aft pistol grip give plenty of texture bite. With the Talon set up I can fire long strings without the pistol shifting in hand and no need to re-grip. The pistol stays locked in hand. Maybe that’s why my PX4 CC shipped with the Talon. Good call Ernest and Beretta.
    The Talon appliques help - and I still have a set that I made on my pet Subcompact - though the PX4 still lacks the subtle sculpting that would be a real aid to me in getting a good, repeatable grip more quickly.

I personally am sold on the PX4 as a platform but the feedback I constantly get is that its grip feels inferior, in contrast with current offerings like the M&P 2.0 and others. That is hard to overcome these days.
    gn

User Tag List