Page 404 of 431 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4308

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

@medmo is that a 43x next to it?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @medmo is that a 43x next to it?
    Yes, indeed it is. 507K and TLR7 sub on the G43x MOS. Non edited photo on the dining room table. The dims are that close.
    Last edited by medmo; 07-19-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Yes, indeed it is. 507K and TLR7 sub on the G43x MOS. Non edited photo on the dining room table. The dims are that close.
    I might need to rethink my little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    @MGW, just for giggles, I dropped both into "Handgun Hero." I was a little surprised, too:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-storm-compact
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @MGW, just for giggles, I dropped both into "Handgun Hero." I was a little surprised, too:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-storm-compact
    I think I see a trip down TDA memory lane in my future.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I think I see a trip down TDA memory lane in my future.
    TDA - Traditional Double Action? Not a whole lot of "traditional" with the LTT pistols. It ain't your Daddy's TDA.

Maybe Ernest needs to retitle the thread from DA/SA Glock 19 to Glock 43x MOS? The primary difference is the width. They are damn close dimension-wise everywhere else. I included a top view of the slides for comparison. After having the opportunity to get some good experience with both of these pistols I favor the Px4CC RDO for these reasons.

1 - For my hand size, the trigger area is cramped with the G43X MOS, especially with the WML. The trigger reach feels short and awkward.
    2 - The window on the Holo 507C is much larger and gives an increased field of view over the Holo 507K.
    3 - There is no trade off or benefit, for me and my body type, on concealability when carrying AIWB. Both pistols conceal AIWB for me just as well under an untucked t shirt.
    4 - I do have an SCD installed on the G43x MOS but I'm much more comfy carrying AIWB with the DA/SA Px4CC.
    5 - For me, the Px4CC is more "shootable" with a ~6lb DA and a ~3lb SA. I find the Px4CC the easiest pistol, for me, to shoot fast and accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

New Owner Questions

New member, really appreciating all the good resources and information here. I am the proud owner of a new LTT PX4 CC w/ RDO mount which I will have in hand next Tuesday once the 7-day MD waiting period ends. Trying to plan out all the accessories in the interim so if you could indulge a couple of questions:

1. Does the Streamlight TLR-7 Sub fit with no modification? Saw a reference to it but no further confirmation.
    2. If the TLR-7 Sub does work, is there a compatible holster for it? Also sent an inquiry to Black Rhino Concealment to see if there TLR-7 option is compatible to the sub.
    3. I typically run 124 gr practice and 124 +p defensive loads on all my handguns. Any issues with this? Read the last 150 or so pages of the thread and saw reference to 115 and 147 but don’t recall any specific mention of 124.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by saberwalk View Post
    1. Does the Streamlight TLR-7 Sub fit with no modification? Saw a reference to it but no further confirmation.
    2. If the TLR-7 Sub does work, is there a compatible holster for it? Also sent an inquiry to Black Rhino Concealment to see if there TLR-7 option is compatible to the sub.
    3. I typically run 124 gr practice and 124 +p defensive loads on all my handguns. Any issues with this? Read the last 150 or so pages of the thread and saw reference to 115 and 147 but don’t recall any specific mention of 124.

1. Yes, assuming you get the Sub version for 1913 rails, it fits without modification and works nicely. I haven't posted back here yet with my experiences because I don't feel I have enough rounds with it yet (~400), but so far there have been no issues.

2. Not sure. I use my Sub on a nightstand gun (not carry), so haven't looked into compatible holsters. Let us know what you find out.

3. I've got about 22,000 rounds of 9mm through two different PX4CCs using nothing but 124gr ball. It works great. For carry I use Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P with no issues.

Welcome to the best gun forum on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    1. Yes, assuming you get the Sub version for 1913 rails, it fits without modification and works nicely. I haven't posted back here yet with my experiences because I don't feel I have enough rounds with it yet (~400), but so far there have been no issues.

2. Not sure. I use my Sub on a nightstand gun (not carry), so haven't looked into compatible holsters. Let us know what you find out.

3. I've got about 22,000 rounds of 9mm through two different PX4CCs using nothing but 124gr ball. It works great. For carry I use Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P with no issues.

Welcome to the best gun forum on the Internet.
    BJV,

Thanks for the kind welcome and quick response. I have over 400 rounds on TLR-7s (on a VP9 and CZ 75 each) so anticipate the sub will be as robust. Will post back as soon as I hear back from Black Rhino. Should be in a day or so.

Can't wait to pick up the PX4CC, clean and lube it and take it to the range. To this point, I have owned only full size pistols and the PX4CC will be my second compact/conceal carry-focused pistol. The first was a Glock 48, which to this point has been a bit of a disappointment. It checked of all the boxes in terms of size, fitment and conceilability but after ~100 rounds or so, I am experiencing some wrist pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Great info, thanks. Any chance you could post a few pics? mfrey was producing keys for the Px4/TLR7. I purchased one from him and it works perfect. Recently, he hasn’t been responding to comms via PF and hasn’t been active on the forum. I wish that I had bought several now, and sincerely hope that all is well with him.

User Tag List