Page 402 of 431 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Wink

[QUOTE=Hstanton1;1226511]Is this the long PX4 holster? If so, how close is it in length to a g17 length AIWB holster?

I think the orange holster you posted is for a full size. Hope this helps brother. I got a JMCK "Beretta PX4 Carry/Compact Carry (LONG) 9mm" holster for my compact and here is how it stacks up.Name:  PXL_20210528_040934111.MP.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  30.8 KBName:  PXL_20210528_040950220.MP.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  28.4 KB
    Sent from a mobile device; please excuse any typographical errors.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=FDE_PX4_CC;1226860]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Is this the long PX4 holster? If so, how close is it in length to a g17 length AIWB holster?

I think the orange holster you posted is for a full size. Hope this helps brother. I got a JMCK "Beretta PX4 Carry/Compact Carry (LONG) 9mm" holster for my compact and here is how it stacks up.Name:  PXL_20210528_040934111.MP.jpg
    That does help, thank you.

It looks like that’s shorter than the full size holster, I’ll probably want the full size given the holster lengths that tend to work well for me.

[QUOTE=Hstanton1;1226873]
    Quote Originally Posted by FDE_PX4_CC View Post

That does help, thank you.

It looks like that’s shorter than the full size holster, I’ll probably want the full size given the holster lengths that tend to work well for me.
    Yes, I much prefer my Keeper over my JM because of the overall the length. The keeper is much more comfortable for me.
    Sent from a mobile device; please excuse any typographical errors.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I pulled one of my full-size PX4s out and stuck it in the JMCK IWB 3 holster, the "PX4 Carry" version, that I ordered when I sent the slide from another one to LTT for milling. There's about a half-inch of space from the muzzle end of the slide to the end of the holster with the gun inserted all the way.

[QUOTE=FDE_PX4_CC;1226876]

Yes, I much prefer my Keeper over my JM because of the overall the length. The keeper is much more comfortable for me.
    When I replaced my Keeper with a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 (for Enigma reasons) I went with a full-size length so it would be the same length as the Keeper. I've found it to be comparable.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=perlslacker;1226984]

When I replaced my Keeper with a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 (for Enigma reasons) I went with a full-size length so it would be the same length as the Keeper. I've found it to be comparable.
    How does the full size holster conceal in the enigma?

[QUOTE=Hstanton1;1227173]
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post

How does the full size holster conceal in the enigma?
    It conceals great! I like that I can change the ride height for optimal concealment without wearing high-waisted dad pants.

Though YMMV, all bodies are different, etc etc.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=FDE_PX4_CC;1226860]
    Is this the long PX4 holster? If so, how close is it in length to a g17 length AIWB holster?

I have noticed that at least one of our premium holster brand makers sells specimens that are slightly longer than the barrel length. J frame and LCR models have a space between end of barrel and end of holster. This is more than an attempt to make a 1 size fit a couple sizes if barrel length is the number considered. After studying the issue, I think the extra length helps stabilize the holster. I have a cheap kydex holster that is exactly the length of my J frame snub. A longer holster shell would lessen the butt's tendency of turning away from my body. I figured all this out about the time that I bought a Glock 17 holster with which to carry my Glock 19.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=perlslacker;1228368]

It conceals great! I like that I can change the ride height for optimal concealment without wearing high-waisted dad pants.

Though YMMV, all bodies are different, etc etc.
    Great! I have good luck concealing full size glocks in g17 holsters with my enigma, which is what spurred the question about how the FS PX4 holster compares.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=willie;1228420]

I have noticed that at least one of our premium holster brand makers sells specimens that are slightly longer than the barrel length. J frame and LCR models have a space between end of barrel and end of holster. This is more than an attempt to make a 1 size fit a couple sizes if barrel length is the number considered. After studying the issue, I think the extra length helps stabilize the holster. I have a cheap kydex holster that is exactly the length of my J frame snub. A longer holster shell would lessen the butt's tendency of turning away from my body. I figured all this out about the time that I bought a Glock 17 holster with which to carry my Glock 19.
    Yep, Jon from PHLster has dubbed this the “keel effect” and I’ve found it to apply to all three guns I’ve experimented with during the short time I’ve been involved in all this. The shortest I can go and maintain comfort and concealment is g17 length, as long as I can place a wedge so that about a third of it is protruding from the bottom of the holster. When I was about 30 pounds lighter, I got even better results with g34 length holsters.

User Tag List