Page 387 of 431 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    On a Lyman digital scale, the DA is 8 lbs 10 oz, the SA is 3 lbs 6 oz. So probably no trigger job. No LTT markings, but I have no idea where the "top strap" is on a semi-auto. If you mean the top of the slide, it's clean without markings. The gun is priced at $550. Maybe more than I want to pay for a Mod0.
    The easy way to tell is to remove the slide and look at the color of the trigger assembly. The stock beretta trigger assembly is all black while the ltt is uncolored. Compare the trigger assembly in this video of stock vs ltt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQum92bi5J8

Oh and think the stock px4 single action was 5lbs. So it probably does have the trigger assembly in it.
    Last edited by Beretta92x; 08-17-2020 at 05:50 PM.

double post by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92x View Post
    The easy way to tell is to remove the slide and look at the color of the trigger assembly. The stock beretta trigger assembly is all black while the ltt is uncolored. Compare the trigger assembly in this video of stock vs ltt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQum92bi5J8

Oh and think the stock px4 single action was 5#. So it probably does have the trigger assembly in it.
    Actually, a PX4 Compact Carry without modification from Beretta will come with a competition trigger group. It will be the same color and apparent configuration as a modified trigger job Compact Carry.

Though you are correct that the standard PX4 will have about a 5# single action, the competition trigger group has a lighter sear spring and more lubricity on the sear. Therefore, you will get a better single action even with a stock Compact Carry.

On a Lyman digital scale, the DA is 8 lbs 10 oz, the SA is 3 lbs 6 oz. So probably no trigger job. No LTT markings, but I have no idea where the "top strap" is on a semi-auto. If you mean the top of the slide, it's clean without markings. The gun is priced at $550. Maybe more than I want to pay for a Mod0.
    Yes, the top strap would be the top of the slide. It sounds like you are looking at a stock PX4 Compact Carry. If you were to invest $10 to $15 in a different, lighter hammer spring you might find the trigger action sufficient to make it worth your while. That would be a personal value assessment.

Since you already have a PX4, and you said it already has most of the mods, maybe you could expand on that?
    My thoughts are, unless you need a range and a carry one, you might be better off to just get or do a TJ yourself, with the new trigger bar.

If you bought this one, what have you done to the other gun? (use parts from the two to make one carry, and one nice one for range)

I've really enjoyed and learned a lot in this thread. I bought one in 2017 and have been impressed with it. One issue I've noticed on my copy, is that the rear frame rail appears to have been improperly cut. I guess they mill out the plastic frame beneath the rear frame rail. It appears that on my pistol however a part of the steel frame rail was milled away. On the top of the frame rail some plastic remains. The pistol has a 2017 date and the serial number is PX3039xx Please check out the dropbox link and let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w5z69b5yc...XUCwRTBWa?dl=0

Tolerances?

Quote Originally Posted by seamastersw View Post
    I've really enjoyed and learned a lot in this thread. I bought one in 2017 and have been impressed with it. One issue I've noticed on my copy, is that the rear frame rail appears to have been improperly cut. I guess they mill out the plastic frame beneath the rear frame rail. It appears that on my pistol however a part of the steel frame rail was milled away. On the top of the frame rail some plastic remains. The pistol has a 2017 date and the serial number is PX3039xx Please check out the dropbox link and let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w5z69b5yc...XUCwRTBWa?dl=0
    I looked over the pictures quite a few times. I do think I see what you are referring to. Your diagnosis of milling mishap is possible. It is also possible that the clearances of a slightly wider frame and a slightly thinner slide (within tolerances) created a clearance issue and the assembling pistolsmith simple filed the rail section to make it fit correctly.
    If the pistol works well and the slide is tight enough it should not be a problem nor cause long term increase in wear.

I have had well over a dozen PX4s and have 9 of them now... none of them have this "cut" or penetration. Even my PX4 .45 that I took to 119,600 rounds did not penetrate there. This would also indicate that it is not a high stress wear spot to concern with IMO.

Is there any corresponding burr or anomaly in the slide rails that might have cut in?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    I looked over the pictures quite a few times. I do think I see what you are referring to. Your diagnosis of milling mishap is possible. It is also possible that the clearances of a slightly wider frame and a slightly thinner slide (within tolerances) created a clearance issue and the assembling pistolsmith simple filed the rail section to make it fit correctly.
    If the pistol works well and the slide is tight enough it should not be a problem nor cause long term increase in wear.

I have had well over a dozen PX4s and have 9 of them now... none of them have this "cut" or penetration. Even my PX4 .45 that I took to 119,600 rounds did not penetrate there. This would also indicate that it is not a high stress wear spot to concern with IMO.

Is there any corresponding burr or anomaly in the slide rails that might have cut in?
    I noticed the issue with the rear frame rail when I first brought the pistol home. The slide is unaffected. In my estimation the rear frame rail was mounted too tall in the frame during molding. When the machining process which removes the polymer beneath the rail occurred, the cutter hit the rail tabs instead of passing cleanly beneath them. There is as much polymer on top of the rail tab as there is steel missing below. My concern is mainly that as the slide reciprocated over time, the polymer above the rail tab will wear or breaks away leaving an unsupported slide in the rear. Other than that, it’s a fantastic pistol

Quote Originally Posted by seamastersw View Post
    I noticed the issue with the rear frame rail when I first brought the pistol home. The slide is unaffected. In my estimation the rear frame rail was mounted too tall in the frame during molding. When the machining process which removes the polymer beneath the rail occurred, the cutter hit the rail tabs instead of passing cleanly beneath them. There is as much polymer on top of the rail tab as there is steel missing below. My concern is mainly that as the slide reciprocated over time, the polymer above the rail tab will wear or breaks away leaving an unsupported slide in the rear. Other than that, it’s a fantastic pistol
    A valid concern.

Perhaps it is worth sending some pictures by email to Beretta customer service. They might want to replace that frame.

Just went through my first experience in a class with the Vedder IWB LightTuck holster for the Px4 Compact Carry + PL2 Mini Valkyrie. It's no good for me.

The default clip is too long, and I can't get a good purchase with my hands on the grip in either appendix (with claw) or 3 o'clock (without claw) draws. At this height, the holster is so low that my belt+waistband squeeze the top of the holster, turning every textbook re-holstering into brain surgery. The height's also low enough that I can't even get my Px4 all the way into the holster, because my optic gets blocked by my waistband! I can't adjust the long clip any lower than it already is (to raise the holster) because it's currently down at the lowest screw holes. The waistband clip would really need to be attached almost at the muzzle for the kind of clip that Vedder would have provided. Vedder doesn't appear to make any shorter clips than what I got for this holster, as far as I can tell.

So I'm in the market for a new CC holster for the Px4CC! I have an Olight PL-2 Mini, and I'm slim enough for appendix carry (as mentioned above), for what that's worth. Any suggestions on a holster that sets up a higher ride height?

User Tag List