Page 384 of 431 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Starter kit?

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I think we can all agree to not go running around with fingers on triggers, (fully depressed or not), or with scissors in our hands. Let’s all swear to it.

I, STATE YOUR NAME, do solemnly swear to all of my fellow P-F’ers to never run around with my finger on the trigger or while holding any sharp or pointy things. So help me ___.

Also, I don’t necessarily agree with the starting out a new shooter with training wheels. I think it’s best to start learning what ever the pistol is that they would carry/shoot right away. I feel the same way about new riders on motorcycles. Don’t spend 6 months learning how to ride a 250cc Honda Rebel so you can relearn to ride your Ducati. It’s a waste of time getting on your true learning curve and might even make it harder as you have to change habits.
    It is undignified to run with scissors! The paper should come to you

It is interesting that you use the illustration of motorcycle training. In teaching people to ride motocross, Dual Sports and street bikes I have found the opposite to be true. When a beginner pops the clutch with too much throttle, the 250 4-stroke will be much more forgiving. When a panicked rider pins the throttle, because a new rider squeezes the throttle grip, not focusing on turning it forward, a 250 4-stroke will be much more forgiving. The ability to balance and catch a small thin bike more easily helps with new riders, etc..

As this applies to beginners and their PX4s... I have found that new shooters can get confused or clumsy for a while. Also, having kids around... a safety is a good option. When skills progress and children are sufficiently educated and trained, if the person finds they shoot a lot or find other issues, the safety can be converted to decock only with 4 different choices of levers.

My recommendation was that one need not pass up on an LTT Compact Carry. It can be modified in both directions. They can train with the same pistol they will carry. Training wheels hold the bicycle up for you. Safeties are an added layer of protection against unskilled, nervous hands.

Do you have a Ducati?
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 06-19-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Do you have a Ducati?
    No, not currently. If time, money and garage space was unlimited I would have a few. Currently a ‘17 Electra Glide. I train hard on scooters as well. Skill level capable of passing a Motor Officers qual. Handle bar lock u turns from a stop, 18’ keyhole, and all assorted floor board scraping cone patterns. Monthly I hit the parking lot to brush up and also practice brake and evade to keep emergency brake and avoidance in the muscle. I’ve helped other riders with instruction and enjoy seeing them pick up the skills and learn how to actually operate a motorcycle.

In my mind the quickest path to expertise is getting on the hardware ASAP that which you desire to operate expertly.

Name:  78FFFCDB-86B9-49D1-B4D7-CA9050C6B45A.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  46.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    In my mind the quickest path to expertise is getting on the hardware ASAP that which you desire to operate expertly.
    Impressive & Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    It is my fault... sometimes in trying to word things correctly I make them harder to understand.
    And now you know where I am coming from. Without knowing the correct terminology, confusion ensues. (my thought was the longer and shorter reset, changed the SA just a little bit from time to time, not enough for most to worry about)

She is not a new shooter, by any means, just comes from a revolver only world. What was chosen was my third gun (I want this one, you can get another), with the full slide levers (lefty) preference for the decocker only (revolver shooter again), and currently the three dot sights. (she said she may upgrade later, but the idea is for a lighted area gun. Left the factory bar in it (so far I have swapped only my range guns, debating about one subcompact). The revolver can now stay with her mother, which is what she is comfortable with.
    So I am tempted to add the CC one, but moved my bought because I loved the DIY stipple job/example gun to the third place.

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Unfortunately, the original TLR-7 does not work for me on my PX4CC because I can't reach the switches. The TLR-7A with the "high" switch corrects this issue and, in conjunction with mfrey's custom key for the TLR-7/A, makes for an excellent pistol-mounted light on the PX4 Compact. I'm now able to have a PX4CC set up as a nightstand gun with a good light, which checks yet another box on the list of capabilities that this gun can fulfill. Highly recommended.
    Received mine from Matt (mfrey) today and just installed it. Will give it a test drive tonight.

Thanks Matt!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ran 2 mags running the TLR7 attached with Matt’s (mfrey) key after dark without a problem. All good. Wonder what I can hang that TLR3 on now? Next, check with JMCK on the option for a Wing Claw 2.5 with this light. Thanks again Matt.

Put the px4 cc with the custom tlr 7 key through Jared Preston's gunfighter mod 1 two day class with zero issue over the weekend. Thanks mfrey!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Put the px4 cc with the custom tlr 7 key through Jared Preston's gunfighter mod 1 two day class with zero issue over the weekend. Thanks mfrey!
    Jared reston* damn auto correct.

Sight pusher recommendation

@LangdonTactical You guys do such good work on the PX4 Storms, I was wondering if you could recommend a sight pusher to use when working on a PX4 Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm SD View Post
    @LangdonTactical You guys do such good work on the PX4 Storms, I was wondering if you could recommend a sight pusher to use when working on a PX4 Storm?
    Most of the stuff we use has been customized. So nothing you can buy.

Sorry.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List