Page 372 of 431 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

@LangdonTactical

Thanks for the knowing, or unknowing, preview of the Red Dot sights on the PX4 in your recent video. A hopeful sign.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  14.2 KB

Oh, those look real nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  14.2 KB

Oh, those look real nice!

Is this image photoshopped? it looks like suppressor height sights.

If your car runs out of gas, just stick your gun out the window and use that front sight as a sail!

DISCLAIMER: do not actually do this

Quote Originally Posted by learnerpermitted View Post
    He recently (a month ago or so?) mentioned that they're working on BUIS. COVID has slowed things down.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by learnerpermitted View Post
    I mean, they basically are suppressor height sights. It's just that no one's figured out how to make suppressors practical on Px4s yet.

Video link for those of us who haven't seen it, by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Yeah, mine does. I've posted about this before. The milling on my slide is jacked. I also had this issue (see attachments).

Attachment 51576Attachment 51577Attachment 51578

I was very careful installing the Ameriglo sights and ended up ruining them anyway in my opinion because the milling was so jacked. One technician at Beretta initially agreed, but then his boss got involved and they said the milling was perfectly acceptable (within spec) and that they would replace the front sight for me for something like $130 (I can't remember exactly). I raised hell and got them to replace them for free, however, the Tritium is almost dead and I am afraid to try reinstalling these or Trijicons on this slide again.

I don't understand Beretta. This is the kind of stuff that makes me understand why they lost the US Military Contract. I know other reasons were allegedly given, but I'm sure their lack of quality control didn't help. If I was to buy another Beretta, it would only be through someone like Langdon Tactical or Wilson Combat because I am fairly sure they're not going to have issues like this.

It's a shame because Beretta should know better after 500 years. If they improved the grip texturing and were better at quality control, and had both better customer service & aftermarket support, I wouldn't hesitate to call this this the best all around pistol on the market. It's accurate, reliable, it points incredibly naturally, and it's the perfect size as a crossover between a Glock 19 (height), Glock 26 (length), and Beretta 92 (battery of arms). Even my factory trigger is awesome as is and I converted it to a G configuration. Even when the milling is right these sights are hard to press in, and god help someone if they're trying to do this on a Bruniton-coated model.

Lastly, there are so many complicated angles to the design that they really have to have their CNC machines calibrated more often for this model. I have other irregularities not shown in the pictures as well where angles intersect. It's aesthetic only, but still.
    Wow. I wonder if my Compact Carry looks like that underneath the front sight. My front sight sits weird in the dovetail also. I sent Beretta a picture and they said that it doesn’t look right. The told me they wanted me to send it in(after the covid mess is over)
    It could be an illusion to me, but mine ALMOST looks like it’s cocked to the right when aiming. I have the sight tool and have already adjusted my off centered rear, But I’m kinda nervous to remove the front because it appears to be staked from underneath. I really don’t want to screw it up more.

I mean, they basically are suppressor height sights. It's just that no one's figured out how to make suppressors practical on Px4s yet.
    The rotating barrel makes it impractical I think. What you’re seeing in the posted video is most likely a prototype. With the current trend of attaching RDSs to handguns. I would be very interested in having LTT mill my slide if someone makes a plain black front and rear sights that cowitness.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Wow. I wonder if my Compact Carry looks like that underneath the front sight.
    If you have something funky under the front sight, the inside will likely look something like this...

Name:  px4 ugly spot.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  29.9 KB
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Site Supporter

Video link for those of us who haven't seen it, by the way:

Yeah, it’s been tried.

User Tag List