Page 371 of 431 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Yeah. After driving myself nuts about it and constantly staring at it, I’ve decided to leave it alone. It shoots fine and doesn’t appear that it would ever cause issues.

I've had my PX4 CC for 2 years and just now looked at the front site and there is a gap though not as large as the one shown above. I never noticed it before. I would never attempt to "fix" it and in my opinion it's not worth trying to. If it ain't broke ...

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Yeah. After driving myself nuts about it and constantly staring at it, I’ve decided to leave it alone. It shoots fine and doesn’t appear that it would ever cause issues.
    Probably the best course of action.

Sight fit anomalies can drive a person right up a tree; in the past, I have let perfectly good firearms go because of it and then kicked myself (metaphorically) in the azz afterwards.

I had a late North Haven production Marlin 1984 CSS (a somewhat rare bird) with a rear sight dovetail that was "generously sized," and ended up just putting an oversized dovetail blank in the slot and adding an aperture sight at the rear of the receiver. The trouble with that was I then discovered the top flat on the receiver wasn't even. It all worked out once I was done, but the fit bugged me. It had a bunch of other fit and finish issues, but by the time I gave it some TLC, it worked nicely and was perfectly acceptable accuracy-wise.

But it still "looked funny" if you got up close and looked at things critically, and I let it get to me.

Long story short, I should have kept it and used the livin' crap out of that corn sheller, because there really isn't any substitute for it out there ten years since. Nowadays, if something works, I grit my teeth and put up with it.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Is it normal for the front sights to look like this? I’ve seen some like this and some that were flush. Would removing it and reinstalling it straighten it out?
    I had one of those air gap things just like that happen with a Sig sight some time ago. It all worked fine, was not moving, was in the right place, so I took a tube of loctite red and let it fill under the air gap and set up. Probably didn't help at all except it looked better and made me feel better. I knew that something was filling that air gap that was also helping holding it in place. It quit bothering me.

Does anyone else’s front sight look like that? It is slightly staked on the underside.

How difficult are these sights to move or remove using an MGW pro sight tool?
    Yeah, mine does. I've posted about this before. The milling on my slide is jacked. I also had this issue (see attachments).

Name:  PX4 Storm defective slide.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  27.6 KBName:  px4 ugly spot.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  29.9 KBName:  IMG_0870.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  43.5 KB

I was very careful installing the Ameriglo sights and ended up ruining them anyway in my opinion because the milling was so jacked. One technician at Beretta initially agreed, but then his boss got involved and they said the milling was perfectly acceptable (within spec) and that they would replace the front sight for me for something like $130 (I can't remember exactly). I raised hell and got them to replace them for free, however, the Tritium is almost dead and I am afraid to try reinstalling these or Trijicons on this slide again.

I don't understand Beretta. This is the kind of stuff that makes me understand why they lost the US Military Contract. I know other reasons were allegedly given, but I'm sure their lack of quality control didn't help. If I was to buy another Beretta, it would only be through someone like Langdon Tactical or Wilson Combat because I am fairly sure they're not going to have issues like this.

It's a shame because Beretta should know better after 500 years. If they improved the grip texturing and were better at quality control, and had both better customer service & aftermarket support, I wouldn't hesitate to call this this the best all around pistol on the market. It's accurate, reliable, it points incredibly naturally, and it's the perfect size as a crossover between a Glock 19 (height), Glock 26 (length), and Beretta 92 (battery of arms). Even my factory trigger is awesome as is and I converted it to a G configuration. Even when the milling is right these sights are hard to press in, and god help someone if they're trying to do this on a Bruniton-coated model.

Lastly, there are so many complicated angles to the design that they really have to have their CNC machines calibrated more often for this model. I have other irregularities not shown in the pictures as well where angles intersect. It's aesthetic only, but still.
    Last edited by sheepdog; 04-09-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

[QUOTE=sheepdog;1025922]Yeah, mine does. I've posted about this before. The milling on my slide is jacked. I also had this issue (see attachments).

You slide milling is not jacked up. They look like that on all the compacts. The slide has to be that thin there because of the fact that the barrel lug comes all the way to the end of the slide right under the dovetail there, meaning if you take off the front sight and pull the slide to the rear, you can see why they did that. I personally don't like it, but it does not affect how the gun shoots and it shoots so good that it is easy for me to overlook.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

[QUOTE=LangdonTactical;1033315]
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Yeah, mine does. I've posted about this before. The milling on my slide is jacked. I also had this issue (see attachments).

You slide milling is not jacked up. They look like that on all the compacts. The slide has to be that thin there because of the fact that the barrel lug comes all the way to the end of the slide right under the dovetail there, meaning if you take off the front sight and pull the slide to the rear, you can see why they did that. I personally don't like it, but it does not affect how the gun shoots and it shoots so good that it is easy for me to overlook.
    I take it you mean just the way the sight seats in the dovetail of my pistol is not jacked up per se, and I agree, but the holes in my sight channel certainly are IMHO.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

That’s why the compact front sight is different for the subcompact and full size. Because of location of the lug lock area on the compact the front sight base and dovetail are longer.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I take it you mean just the way the sight seats in the dovetail of my pistol is not jacked up per se, and I agree, but the holes in my sight channel certainly are IMHO.
    The only PX4s I have had whose slides did not have irritating machining glitches have been 9mm Subcompacts made in Accokeek. I love PX4 Subcompacts - and I even like my sole remaining "NanX" - but I approach buying a Beretta like I do buying certain other brands: it may end up being a very good firearm from a functional standpoint, but it is a pretty safe bet that something about it is going to make that "new gun experience" suck to some degree.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Top is Ameriglo front sight for the compact and bottom is factory for full or sub.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List