Page 361 of 431 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deceks7 View Post
    On the Berretta site it says these sights are for the Compact. https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4...ights/eu00081/

The reviews, however, are not for the Compact. I recently bought a PX4 Compact and trying to decide on some sights. These are only $63 with a coupon code.

This model is $87.20 with code, https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4...ct-cc/eu00065/.

Will both of these work on the compact, any preferences or other suggestions?

Thanks
    I use the Ameriglo sights on my three full-size PX4s. I'm 67, so I need that big orange blob on the front.

The factory sights are mounted extremely securely. A lot of folks have had a lot of grief trying to swap out the sights themselves. I recommend you send the slide to a gunsmith who has experience in swapping out sights specifically on PX4s. I used Langdon Tactical, and the slides came back with no extra marks.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I use the Ameriglo sights on my three full-size PX4s. I'm 67, so I need that big orange blob on the front.

The factory sights are mounted extremely securely. A lot of folks have had a lot of grief trying to swap out the sights themselves. I recommend you send the slide to a gunsmith who has experience in swapping out sights specifically on PX4s. I used Langdon Tactical, and the slides came back with no extra marks.
    Looking underneath the front sight on the inside of the slide of my PX4CC. The front sight looks to be spot welded in place. Does it look like that to anyone else?

I ran across this holster, the WarPig, from R Grizzle Leather, in stock, if you need it fast, for the PX4 Compact. It's black leather IWB/OWB for use with 1.5" belt.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/in-stock...y-to-ship.html

I had no problem installing sights on my px4c. I used a $30 sight pusher that I had for years. European guns seem to drift the opposite direction, mine drifted out fine pushing from right to left with the front sight facing away from me, just as if you were shooting and looking down your sights. The front dovetail is different than the full size or subcompact. The trijicon HD used to hit low for the px4c, I don't know if they corrected that by now or not. I have the ameriglo designed ones bought through LTT, they are fantastic all though my front sight tritium burned out already. I just bought them this past june. I contacted ameriglo and they got back to me in a day, but they asked me a question about which sight burned out and I told them only the front has tritium. I haven't heard back yet and it's been about a week. I have no doubt that they will correct the issue though. I have not found fiber optic sights for px4c yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    O.K.. I'm not going to wade through the 340+ pages of this thread. Is there anyone making a fiber optic front for this pistol yet? Are the dovetails the same as any other pistol?

The last I remember reading of it, was when Landgon was using a prototype on (I believe the full size), 50K round gun.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tic#post675702

Figured the project would end up for both size guns, the way the Ameriglo night front did.

Kind of on the same topic as the previous post, but is that the same prototype as the one that Langdon said he was testing as backup irons for an RMR mount?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post865561

I ask because I've just gotten my own PX4CC slide milled for an RDS. Mine's got a little bit different sight picture though....

Name:  IMG_20191005_122858.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  38.0 KBName:  IMG_20191005_123138.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  35.0 KB

I'm glad the low-profile Ameriglos still work nicely with the Acro off of the mounting plate, but they're still just a tad too short to clear the Acro's mailbox picture.

My frame's with a local polymersmith for the time being for some designer dremmel/stipple work--he's got a long lead time so I won't get to see it all come together until winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Kind of on the same topic as the previous post, but is that the same prototype as the one that Langdon said he was testing as backup irons for an RMR mount?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post865561

I ask because I've just gotten my own PX4CC slide milled for an RDS. Mine's got a little bit different sight picture though....

Name:  IMG_20191005_122858.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  38.0 KBName:  IMG_20191005_123138.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  35.0 KB

I'm glad the low-profile Ameriglos still work nicely with the Acro off of the mounting plate, but they're still just a tad too short to clear the Acro's mailbox picture.

My frame's with a local polymersmith for the time being for some designer dremmel/stipple work--he's got a long lead time so I won't get to see it all come together until winter.
    Wow! This is the first PX4 I’ve seen with an ACRO mounted to it.

How do you like it so far?
    Does the gun still cycle different ammunitions reliably?

I’d love to see more pictures of it when you get the frame work done.

I'll be able to put the slide back on the frame to test it out once I get it back from the shop, but you can bet that I'll be trying out a number of different ammo loads when I get a chance to head to the range again.

The slide is definitely heavier with mounting plate and Acro on. I'll start from some of my favorite low-recoil factory stuff and work up to hotter loads if I have any issues with extraction.

Interesting
    David S.

Just picked up a base model PX4 Compact. Outside of the obvious spring change and maybe levers, are there any no-brainer upgrades worth pursuing on a gun that will eventually go to LTT? I can live with the stock sights for now.

Skimming the thread plus a couple days of dryfire and I think that's about it, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Feels neat to have a PX4 again. My first handgun was a fullsize many years ago but I ended up replacing it with a 92.

User Tag List