Page 36 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

David Olhasso is where I got my Cougar mainspring http://www.olhasso.com/PS/cougar.htm
    I got sick of waiting on brownells.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    David Olhasso is where I got my Cougar mainspring http://www.olhasso.com/PS/cougar.htm
    I got sick of waiting on brownells.
    Thanks for the link.

Low profile fit for sale on ar15.com. Don't know the guy but thought someone might want it:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/14...lease_kit.html
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The 12# Wilson Combat mainspring for the Beretta 92 works in the PX 4 Compact as well. I'm digging it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    The 12# Wilson Combat mainspring for the Beretta 92 works in the PX 4 Compact as well. I'm digging it.
    Huh. I have a couple of 12 pounders left over from my action tune kit installs. I'll have to give one a go.
    3/15/2016

I clipped a 92 16# spring to the same length as the storm. I was hoping the spring constant was the same, so the same length spring would yield the same pull weight. About 1000 down range with no issues.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    How are you guys finding this gun carries in comparison to something like a G19? I'm under the impression that it is still pretty wide even with the low profile levers. Do you notice it when CCing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    How are you guys finding this gun carries in comparison to something like a G19? I'm under the impression that it is still pretty wide even with the low profile levers. Do you notice it when CCing?
    Without a doubt it's wider. I still have the factory sized controls on mine, but I don't find it obnoxious to carry appendix in the JMCK "George" nor the CCC Shaggy I received today. CCC is for sale if anyone is interested, I just can't justify having both.

In profile, they're pretty close, and the width is pretty much the same, besides the bumps that the controls make. Based on the design of the gun, more of the gun feels like it sticks above the belt (safety, some of the slide release, hammer, grip), with less of the gun below the belt line. This seems to make it carry more comfortably for me, personally. I've been chasing my three year old around for the last few weeks (including parks and ball-pits) with it holstered up for 10+ hours a day. Zero issues.

I think this photo shows what I mean regarding how the trigger-guard/barrel is 'snubbier' on the px4.

Name:  2cwzQ4g.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  51.4 KB

Currently about 1800 through mine. It doesn't like steel cased ammo, but been 100% with brass cased stuff.

In addition, I purchased some HD's for it, but upon looking at them, and comparing them to the factory sights, I decided not to install them. The factory sights are very close in width and lower profile than the HDs. If I add aftermarket sights, I'll wait for a set of FO sights from someone. If that never happens, I won't be upset about just keeping the paint fresh on the factory front.

Last edited by markdl000; 11-06-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: add photos and dumb typos

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks Mark! That's very useful feedback.

Introducing Project PX4- LW (Langdon Wannabe)

Name:  PX4c.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  68.3 KB

Even with Ernest working on Beretta for us, I figure it will be a while before his brainchild reaches production, so I picked this up through a BF member. Stealth G levers also arrived, Cougar D spring is en-route, and I hope to get the nerve to learn to stipple over the next few weeks. Sight change as budget allows. Also need to get a frame plug for when I install the small slide catch.

Only had time to run a couple of mags through it today, but boy, is it sweet! The only negative is that my hand is just large enough to get pinched when inserting a magazine (funny... it only happened once ). I also picked up a well "broken in" full-size to play with, and was surprised the compact is no less pleasant to shoot.

User Tag List