Page 356 of 431 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Orrrrrrr just dremel away what needs to be removed to get it to clear. Its just plastic, not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Or, if you don't mind hot Kydex being bent and pressed into your brand new $400 optic, you could get a custom made / custom molded Kydex holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Would love to know if the plate overhanging the slide cause any issues with poking you or rubbing the wrong way when holstered? I didn’t realize the Glock was that much wider at the top of the slide.
    Got a chance to do some dry-fire this morning. The plate overhang is not an issue as far as wearability. The RMR and DPP both match the width of the plate close enough at least to the point that the plate does not come in contact with skin (not even the front corner of the plate). I did have to dremel my homemade appendix holster to fit the plate/rds. My Bladetech outside the waistband (gamer) holster fit perfect without any modification.

I have noticed that the plate for the DPP needs a little adjustment. The hole that has been drilled for the firing pin safety is a little off and the firing pin safety catches on the edge just slightly. I have only noticed this with the plate for the DPP. The one for the RMR seems to work just fine. I’ll take the plate off and widen the hole slightly on the side it catches - an easy fix.

One other possible issue I have noticed is that the Ameriglo rear sight hangs forward over the edge of the plate just slightly. It’s not an issue for RMRs but for the DPP I think you would have to file off a bit of the front of the rear sight (or just remove them because the are useless anyway). Hopefully the suppressor-height sights that I hear are being developed won’t have this issue (@LangdonTactical).

The craftsmanship and service from Langdon Tactical have been outstanding! Once backup sights are available, I’ll probably send my compacts in.

It’s snowing today, but I’ll try to get out and shoot them a bit tomorrow and report back.

Above you can see the slight overhang of the Ameriglo rear sight.

Above is the stock beretta sight with the DPP.

Last edited by JPC; 03-21-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Back up Iron Sights

So I am shooting prototype Back up Irons now. I am pretty happy with the point of impact I am getting with this last set that is on the gun. I am hoping to have production sights soon.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Looking at the pictures of the RMR/DPP mounted, it seems to me that a Shield RMS or RMSc would be an interesting combo with this pistol.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I shot a little last week with both pistols and ended up shooting an IDPA match last weekend with the RMR’d PX4. The gun shot great, but I really need to work on my weak-hand only shooting!

The DPP’d pistol had a minor issue when I took it out to zero the dot. After about 20 rounds or so, it got to where I couldn’t pull the trigger anymore. I suspected it was the firing pin safety catching on the edge of the Glock plate, but after pulling the DPP and plate off, it would still catch. I removed the firing pin safety and lightly chamfered the top edges and gave it a quick polish. I couldn’t feel and burs on it to start with, but after the light touch up and polish, it worked perfectly.

The DPP definitely sits up pretty high and I’m guessing that normal suppressor-height sights will still be too low for it. I’m going to shoot the DPP in a USPSA match next week to see how it does.

I’m committed to shooting red dots this summer to see how it improves my shooing. This is going to be difficult when I have a pair of Elite LTT’s sitting next to the PX4s!

Cool

I wonder what the underside of this Noblex Glock MOS Sight looks like?

It doesn't use an adapter plate, so is there enough room to modify the sight for the accommodate the firing pin block?

Viewed from the top it almost looks like it just might due to offset.

Just some random thoughts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Robar will do pretty much what ever you want to your PX4 Compact. If you are talking about the MOD 4 and MOD 5 guns, there are specific parts that are NP3 coated. Barrel, Barrel Cam, Sear, Sear Pin, Trigger Pin, Trigger Bar, Hammer Pin, Hammer Strut and all three magazines are coated with NP3 on the MOD 4 and MOD 5 guns.
    @LangdonTactical, was NP3 coating the firing pin block considered? More importantly, was the idea rejected for some reason? Seems like it might help reduce friction a little during take up.

17-round grip sleeves

I apologize if this has been covered on here and resolved in the past (and I just didn't see it), but I searched the forum and the last mention I saw of it said there was a subcompact sleeve but it likely would not work for adapting the 17-round PX4 magazines to the compact (and I agree). On the Beretta website, however, there is a picture for the standard PX4 Storm Compact that shows a sleeve that would work (as seen below), but I can't find them anywhere. I emailed Beretta months ago but never received a response.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A never released product. We have talked about the possibility of 3d printing one on another board, and someone was considering producing these, but we haven't heard back.

User Tag List