Page 344 of 431 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post
    I’ve seen a couple posts on here about local “gunsmiths” working on PX4s and just screwing up big time. It’s kind of enraging because they put themselves out to the public as someone that can competently repair firearms and that’s not the case. Even Ernest Langdon has said several times that he doesn’t see himself as a gunsmith. He’s like a good lawyer. He will tell you exactly what he can and cannot do and then point you in the right direction. It just makes me want to do the work myself, or just pay the shipping to send it to LTT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. It makes want to do more myself. I figured sights were a pretty basic task (I just don't have the tools)... and, in fairness, the guy is very nice and has helped me out on several occasions. Still, I'd think it was pretty obvious which way the sights, based on the width apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    True. It makes want to do more myself. I figured sights were a pretty basic task (I just don't have the tools)... and, in fairness, the guy is very nice and has helped me out on several occasions. Still, I'd think it was pretty obvious which way the sights, based on the width apertures.
    You've hit a key point, I think: having the right tools. With some basic mechanical skills, I've found I can do a range of DYI gunsmithing (and it's fun). YouTube is a huge help. Don't skimp on tools; I have replaced several inexpensive tools with the good stuff because the good stuff is good for a reason.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonrat View Post
    Hey Nick, appreciate the comment, I’ve got another Px4 compact with identical sights and LTT tjiab and that one is dead-on. So are both my 92s. So, not like I’m perfect, I’ll do another range run this week to check it out. Already pretty sure my new cc is 6 o’clock hold while my existing Px4 is combat hold sights. Sight heights off of the slide are completely different, happens.

Mostly I want to just drift the rear and not regret it by hacking up the slide. My Beretta sight experiences have been sketchy so far, so trying to determine if the cerakote has that rear bonded in solid, or if it will nudge. The last “pro” in my area I trusted to touch my sights I will never use again.
    A brass drift and small hammer should move the sight. OTOH, I'd be looking at replacing the sight to make the hold the same as your other pistols. I have done that on any of mine that required it. I don't want to 'need' the gun one day and have to try to remember which sight picture to use. All of mine use #2
    SIGHT Images by craig stuard, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    A brass drift and small hammer should move the sight. OTOH, I'd be looking at replacing the sight to make the hold the same as your other pistols. I have done that on any of mine that required it. I don't want to 'need' the gun one day and have to try to remember which sight picture to use. All of mine use #2
    SIGHT Images by craig stuard, on Flickr
    What sights will give you the combat sight picture (#2) on the PX4 CC? The standard orange sight shoots six o'clock (#1) on mine.
    Last edited by Uncle_Jed; 12-12-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Sorry that I can't help. My PX4c (not CC) has the OE sights and I haven't needed to change anything.

I need an intervention. Would someone please talk me out of wanting the .45 version now?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I need an intervention. Would someone please talk me out of wanting the .45 version now?
    haha, I know what you mean. I have pretty small hands (I heard Ernest mention "little baby hands" as being problematic in the P&S podcast) so the reach of the DA trigger has been a big adjustment for me. A little part of me has wanted to just toss the PX4 in the safe and go back to my G19. But I've resisted, and have dry fired the PX4 almost daily for the last few weeks. Today's range trip I finally feel like I'm getting a feel for rolling the trigger. I still get the random crazy flier, but with DA/SA controlled pairs I'm generally keeping them in the black of a B8 target at 7 yards (yeah, I'm not a very good shot. . . but this is an improvement over last time).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick29 View Post
    haha, I know what you mean. I have pretty small hands (I heard Ernest mention "little baby hands" as being problematic in the P&S podcast) so the reach of the DA trigger has been a big adjustment for me. A little part of me has wanted to just toss the PX4 in the safe and go back to my G19. But I've resisted, and have dry fired the PX4 almost daily for the last few weeks. Today's range trip I finally feel like I'm getting a feel for rolling the trigger. I still get the random crazy flier, but with DA/SA controlled pairs I'm generally keeping them in the black of a B8 target at 7 yards (yeah, I'm not a very good shot. . . but this is an improvement over last time).
    I have average hands but my fingers are stubby and the PX is one of the few DA triggers that feels natural, not like I'm having to do some strange hand gymnastics. I also prefer a short trigger and flat MSH on a 1911 but that's not important right now...

I found my first shot in DA consistently went high right which is strange because with the 92 series and P-07/09 my first shot DA was almost always low and I find myself pulling shots low left in general.

Still waiting on someone to talk me out of the .45....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonrat View Post
    Anyone nudge their rear Px4cc sight over a bit? Just picked mine up today, ran 60 or so rounds through and pretty sure it shoots slightly right. I have a sightpusher.com unit lying around I could try on the rear but this is my first cerakoted pistol. Is it going to flake off on me if I squeeze the slide in there? Based on the rollmark it looks thinner than bruniton.
    FWIW, one of my PX4CC's required a minor windage adjustment, which was easily accomplished at the range with a hammer and brass drift. The Cerakote finish was not an issue at all. Actually, I recall it being easier to move than a typical B92 rear sight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I have average hands but my fingers are stubby and the PX is one of the few DA triggers that feels natural, not like I'm having to do some strange hand gymnastics. I also prefer a short trigger and flat MSH on a 1911 but that's not important right now...

I found my first shot in DA consistently went high right which is strange because with the 92 series and P-07/09 my first shot DA was almost always low and I find myself pulling shots low left in general.

Still waiting on someone to talk me out of the .45....

It's funny how different guns affect different people. I am a small guy at 5 ft 4 inches and my hands match my height.

The P-07 is the one gun that seemed to work well for me even with less than ideal trigger pulls on my part. It was just way too easy to shoot well.

User Tag List