Page 343 of 431 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I’ve seen a couple posts on here about local “gunsmiths” working on PX4s and just screwing up big time. It’s kind of enraging because they put themselves out to the public as someone that can competently repair firearms and that’s not the case. Even Ernest Langdon has said several times that he doesn’t see himself as a gunsmith. He’s like a good lawyer. He will tell you exactly what he can and cannot do and then point you in the right direction. It just makes me want to do the work myself, or just pay the shipping to send it to LTT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post
    I’ve seen a couple posts on here about local “gunsmiths” working on PX4s and just screwing up big time. It’s kind of enraging because they put themselves out to the public as someone that can competently repair firearms and that’s not the case. Even Ernest Langdon has said several times that he doesn’t see himself as a gunsmith. He’s like a good lawyer. He will tell you exactly what he can and cannot do and then point you in the right direction. It just makes me want to do the work myself, or just pay the shipping to send it to LTT.
    This is too often true. Most of what gunsmiths do is not magic, but some things are. I'm still convinced that whatever LTT does for a trigger job must be at least part magical.

But lots of what they do can be learned, at least to a basic competency level, from YouTube videos. But you have to watch a bunch of them to discover who knows, and doesn't know, what they are talking about. And what techniques are commonly used.

I have tried to learn all I can so that I can DYI as much as is reasonable. I'm also fortunate to have a 1911 and a Baretta that are not critical for competition nor self-defense that I can "play with" to practice new things and learn without as much risk. But don't sell your own skills short, if you have at least some sort of mechanical skills.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

For those of you looking for one, just a heads up that Cabela's currently has the PX4 Compact Carry on sale for $679, which as far as I can tell is cheaper than anyone else is currently selling them.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/home...6.uts?slotId=0

I've been perusing this thread for a few months now and put my first rounds through a PX4 yesterday, 130 rounds through a new to me Compact.

I don't know that I'm ready to PX4 all the things yet but I do know the shop where I bought it had another Compact, a full size, a sub and a .45 version and I'm strongly tempted to go back and look...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I don’t know if you intend to “Langdonize” it or not, but I would seriously do the math on having him do the work. The numbers are probably pretty close.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I don’t know if you intend to “Langdonize” it or not, but I would seriously do the math on having him do the work. The numbers are probably pretty close.
    It's not off the table but I want to put some more rounds through it first. It's already stippled so Plan A would be: TJIAB, black out the rear sight, brighten the front and go with either the Langdon levers (or maybe the 92 style if they can be had like the Langdon levers) then stock up on mags and ammo. Plan B is shipping it to him for him to work his magic.

Plan A doesn't involve shipping cost though...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Anyone nudge their rear Px4cc sight over a bit? Just picked mine up today, ran 60 or so rounds through and pretty sure it shoots slightly right. I have a sightpusher.com unit lying around I could try on the rear but this is my first cerakoted pistol. Is it going to flake off on me if I squeeze the slide in there? Based on the rollmark it looks thinner than bruniton.

Otherwise, the trigger pull is sweet and it looks clean. Shoots consistent if I do my part. Just need to swap out to the not-so-fugly levers for decock and it will take over as carry piece #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonrat View Post
    Anyone nudge their rear Px4cc sight over a bit? Just picked mine up today, ran 60 or so rounds through and pretty sure it shoots slightly right. I have a sightpusher.com unit lying around I could try on the rear but this is my first cerakoted pistol. Is it going to flake off on me if I squeeze the slide in there? Based on the rollmark it looks thinner than bruniton.

Otherwise, the trigger pull is sweet and it looks clean. Shoots consistent if I do my part. Just need to swap out to the not-so-fugly levers for decock and it will take over as carry piece #1.
    I've noticed that too, but I've attributed it to poor technique on my part. I have pretty small hands and when I dry fire the front sight seems to wiggle slightly right before the hammer falls.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nick29 View Post
    I've noticed that too, but I've attributed it to poor technique on my part. I have pretty small hands and when I dry fire the front sight seems to wiggle slightly right before the hammer falls.

Hey Nick, appreciate the comment, I’ve got another Px4 compact with identical sights and LTT tjiab and that one is dead-on. So are both my 92s. So, not like I’m perfect, I’ll do another range run this week to check it out. Already pretty sure my new cc is 6 o’clock hold while my existing Px4 is combat hold sights. Sight heights off of the slide are completely different, happens.

Mostly I want to just drift the rear and not regret it by hacking up the slide. My Beretta sight experiences have been sketchy so far, so trying to determine if the cerakote has that rear bonded in solid, or if it will nudge. The last “pro” in my area I trusted to touch my sights I will never use again.
    Last edited by Canyonrat; 12-11-2018 at 09:56 PM.

I'm curious about the cerakote too. It would suck to have it get chipped on a brand new gun

User Tag List