Page 342 of 431 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    @LangdonTactical do think you could persuade Beretta USA to get the PX4 Compact on the California DOJ Roster of approved handguns?

I've had several people shoot my PX4 full size and comment they'd buy the compact of if it was on the Roster. I know I'd buy one.
    I don't want to pretend to know the details, but I don't think it is even possible. My understanding is that everything on the California Roster is grandfathered and exclusive to the guns that were being produced prior to the 2010 law. So anything newer than 18 years old, or that simply was not on the list at the time the law was enacted, must have microstamping technology in order for it to be sold in California.

I am sorry my friend, but I simply do not think it will ever happen. Even if it was possible (currently it is a patented technology that is held by one company) it would be political suicide for any manufacturer to concede to the law and build guns that way just to be on the list.

I am sorry, but until that law goes away, nothing new is coming to California.

By the way, just staying on the list is very expensive. Eventually, companies are going to stop paying for all the models they have on the list, if it does not sell well, they will drop it off the list and not pay for the renewal.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I am sorry, but until that law goes away, nothing new is coming to California.

By the way, just staying on the list is very expensive. Eventually, companies are going to stop paying for all the models they have on the list, if it does not sell well, they will drop it off the list and not pay for the renewal.
    Thanks for the info, Ernest. I was afraid that might be the case. And yes, I understand that staying on the list is a burden for manufacturers. I guess I'll have to solider on with my PX4 fullsize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks for the info, Ernest. I was afraid that might be the case. And yes, I understand that staying on the list is a burden for manufacturers. I guess I'll have to solider on with my PX4 fullsize.

Start a petition to revoke that stupid law.

Site Supporter

What's wrong with this picture?

Yup. This is my life. Had a local gunsmith switch the sights back to the factory rears (tried the .290s). Didn't think to check it before I took it home.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  24.6 KBName:  image2.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  23.9 KB

My question is... in practice, does it really matter? The big difference is that the front and rear apertures are different in width. And it also changes the orientation of the little "shelf" from rear to front. I'm sure there's lots of very good reasons for gun sights not to be backwards, but, casually looking through the notch... it doesn't appear to be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Yup. This is my life. Had a local gunsmith switch the sights back to the factory rears (tried the .290s). Didn't think to check it before I took it home.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  24.6 KBName:  image2.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  23.9 KB

My question is... in practice, does it really matter? The big difference is that the front and rear apertures are different in width. And it also changes the orientation of the little "shelf" from rear to front. I'm sure there are lots of very good reasons for gun sights not to be backward, but, casually looking through the notch... it doesn't appear to be much different.
    It has to do with the way the notch catches light an gives you a nice square notch as well as seeing the front if your head/eye is not perfectly in line with the notch. It really should be the other way.

The big concern is that you gunsmith forced the sight in the wrong way, against the taper. Hopefully, he did not damage either the sight or the slide.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    One of my two complaints about the PX4 compact is now removed. Thanks to @mfrey for the special key!

Attachment 31343
    Attachment 31342
    Attachment 31341
    Attachment 31340
    Attachment 31339

Now waiting for @LangdonTactical to offer RMR installations!
    Anyone have an AIWB holster for a PX4CC with the custom key and TLR7 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Anyone have an AIWB holster for a PX4CC with the custom key and TLR7 yet?
    JM Custom Kydex is making me one. It's a couple weeks out

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    It has to do with the way the notch catches light an gives you a nice square notch as well as seeing the front if your head/eye is not perfectly in line with the notch. It really should be the other way.

The big concern is that you gunsmith forced the sight in the wrong way, against the taper. Hopefully, he did not damage either the sight or the slide.
    Thanks, Ernest. It doesn't seem to be loose or have any gaps. There's another gunsmith in town I'll take it to. Hopefully they can get it right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    JM Custom Kydex is making me one. It's a couple weeks out

Thanks for the info. I don't have a key or a light yet but this makes it a complete package.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a key or a light yet but this makes it a complete package.
    Needs an RMR...

Wondering if the Agency mounting solution might work long term.

User Tag List