Page 339 of 431 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoad View Post
    Hey fellas, I'm new around here.
    Hopefully this is the right place to post.

I just got a new PX4 Compact three weeks ago and I've already installed the Langdon TJIB and Stealth Levers.
    It's an incredible pistol and I can't believe I slept on the PX4s for so long. Wanted to upgrade the sights so I took it to a local "gunsmith" to have sights installed.
    Welcome to the Forum. You are in the right neighborhood now. It is most unfortunate that you had this experience. I have found through the years that there are very few gunsmiths that know anything about a PX4 Storm, much less about the unique Bruniton finish and its effect on sights. You will actually find more knowledgeable people on Pistol Forum than in the gunsmithing world.
    Things have changed since I was gunsmithing. Now, they are mostly parts-changers watching YouTube to find out how to do something. There are good and reputable technicians on this Forum from solid, reliable companies, including Beretta.

Beretta also has options for refinishing and oversized sight bases that can be correctly hand fitted to your "altered" dovetails, if necessary. It also might be helpful to see if Langdon Tactical has options to send it to them for correct sight installation. They are experienced in this area.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 10-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks for all the replies fellas.

I'm going to give Robar a call on Monday and see what they say since I planned on shipping it to them anyways.
    Hopefully they can fix it.

If not, I'll see if I can get a hold of Langdon and see if he wants it before or after finishing at Robar.

Hey fellas, I'm new around here.
    Hopefully this is the right place to post.

I just got a new PX4 Compact three weeks ago and I've already installed the Langdon TJIB and Stealth Levers.
    It's an incredible pistol and I can't believe I slept on the PX4s for so long. Wanted to upgrade the sights so I took it to a local "gunsmith" to have sights installed.

The TLDR is:

• Took PX4 Compact to local gunsmith to have Trijicon HDs installed.
    • Told the guy they're know to be tricky
    • Was assured it wouldn't be a problem.
    • Leave feeling good, excited to see new sights.
    • Come back to shop
    • "Gunsmith" hands me slide with factory sights still installed.
    • Hands me trijicon HD sights.
    • "I tried man, but I couldn't get them to go on all the way"
    • Look at slide, notice scratches all over
    • Look closer at slide, realize he rolled the top lip of the front sight dovetail cut.
    • Notice dovetail flat doesn't sit flat on left side of sight.
    • Look even closer at Trijicon HD front sight, realize that he cranked on them so hard that it cut a groove in the dovetail base.

I can't see what it looks like under the sights but I'm afraid of what I'll find.
    Is there anything I can do short of beating the life out of this gunsmith that will fix this problem?
    Does Beretta sell stripped slides?
    I was getting ready to send it to Robar for an Armorlube finish and Mod 5 mags. Do you think they'd be able to fix it?
    I've pretty much written off the sights as a loss, but the damage to the slide cuts has me worried.
    Here are some pics of his beautiful work.

He didn't even try to fit the sights... He owes you a refinished slide or compensation. A competent gunsmith should be able to stone and fit some slightly oversized sights to a slide.

Pls skip the quote function next time.

Just got off the phone with Robar.
    They were 100% confident they can take care of me.

I'll report back when I get it back form Robar.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Pls skip the quote function next time.
    A PM would be more appropriate than a post for something like this.

Just got off the phone with Robar.
    They were 100% confident they can take care of me.

I'll report back when I get it back form Robar.
    Awesome news! I hope it gets all fixed up for you.

Anyone know of a good OWB leather holster that’s offered for the PX4C?

Trying to find a solution for when the occasion precludes AIWB (shirt tucked)

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Anyone know of a good OWB leather holster that’s offered for the PX4C?

Trying to find a solution for when the occasion precludes AIWB (shirt tucked)
    Does it have to be leather? JM Custom Kydex has two OWB kydex (duh) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Does it have to be leather? JM Custom Kydex has two OWB kydex (duh) ones.
    I’ve got it in my head that a leather one will abrade a jacket less than Kydex, but that may or may not actually be true

I have a DeSantis Mini Slide, it is leather and holds the Px4 Compact pretty close. Mine is an open, non-retention model, just friction of the leather. Got it for wearing a jacket or loose flannel over. I like it and it is high quality, but honestly use IWB more often so can’t comment on longevity.

User Tag List