Page 330 of 431 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    A search netted zero useful hits (well, that I could find anyway) - does anyone happen to have a grip tape template for the PX4 Compact, or know where I can find one? Rubber Talons aren't grippy enough for me, so I want to roll my own with some skateboard tape. It's either that or stipple it; the grip is too slick for me when it's hot and sweaty out (like this time of year), even with the rubber Talons on it. I wind up having to try to strangle the thing to death just to stop it from squirming, especially under recoil, and that winds up a) inducing tremors and b) getting tiring, quickly.

Google hasen't come up with any clear hits/winners for a grip template either...not that I could find at least.

I can make my own; I just figured if there's a shortcut, may as well use it
    Could you take the rubber talons off and use them as a template?

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Could you take the rubber talons off and use them as a template?
    I don't have a Compact Carry, just your average proletarian Compact...I had an extra set of rubber Talon grips for a G19 which actually fit on it surprisingly well with only very minor surgery needed to clear the mag release button. They "work" in that they stick on the frame, but the same as every other time I've tried the rubber Talons...they're just not very grippy for me except under the right circumstances.

I don't know why I thought this time would be different, but it seemed like a solid idea at the time. I had the same issue with my P99, P99c, HK45C, and a USP - the grip is functional so long as my hands are dry, but the second I'm out in hot/humid weather, or rainy weather and things start getting wet...it's back to square one. Squeak squish squirm all around. In those cases I'm better off wearing gloves in the first place, so why have the Talons if they don't work for me under the conditions I'd need them in. This is just me - obviously we're all unique, and the Talons may work really well for everyone else...maybe I'm the weirdo here.

I don't have anything with granulated-type grip tape on them; almost everything else I use with any frequency is either grippy enough as it is (P320s, other classic P-series guns) or is checkered in all the right places (1911s), so I'm trying the granulated/skateboard grip tape avenue for the first time with this.

The one Glock I used to use with any regularity has an AGrip grip wrap on it, which is great...I may wind up replicating that on the PX4 if the skateboard tape I have proves too rough.

Either way I'm not too worried about it, I was just hoping someone would have a template I could borrow to shortcut around making my own

I don't have a Compact Carry, just your average proletarian Compact...I had an extra set of rubber Talon grips for a G19 which actually fit on it surprisingly well with only very minor surgery needed to clear the mag release button. They "work" in that they stick on the frame, but the same as every other time I've tried the rubber Talons...they're just not very grippy for me except under the right circumstances.

I don't know why I thought this time would be different, but it seemed like a solid idea at the time. I had the same issue with my P99, P99c, HK45C, and a USP - the grip is functional so long as my hands are dry, but the second I'm out in hot/humid weather, or rainy weather and things start getting wet...it's back to square one. Squeak squish squirm all around. In those cases I'm better off wearing gloves in the first place, so why have the Talons if they don't work for me under the conditions I'd need them in. This is just me - obviously we're all unique, and the Talons may work really well for everyone else...maybe I'm the weirdo here.

I don't have anything with granulated-type grip tape on them; almost everything else I use with any frequency is either grippy enough as it is (P320s, other classic P-series guns) or is checkered in all the right places (1911s), so I'm trying the granulated/skateboard grip tape avenue for the first time with this.

The one Glock I used to use with any regularity has an AGrip grip wrap on it, which is great...I may wind up replicating that on the PX4 if the skateboard tape I have proves too rough.

Either way I'm not too worried about it, I was just hoping someone would have a template I could borrow to shortcut around making my own
    Gotcha. I agree that the px4 without something is too squirmy. I ended up doing a stipple job on mine with a buddies soldering iron. I only stippled part of the grip thinking it would be enough but it wasn’t. I ended up throwing some skateboard tape (I actually used stair tread tape since I had some on hand) on the parts of the grip I didn’t stipple and it’s working very well for me at this point. I may stipple the rest someday if I get around to it but the tape is holding up well at this point and it is doing just as good of a job. It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing but I’m okay with it.

Name:  D240691E-0F65-4BC6-AD02-FD7DE2EBF26D.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  43.5 KBName:  DEA0F0EA-0B50-4216-AA7F-57B746C0336B.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  42.4 KB

Yeah see that's the problem - I've got a soldering iron..but I'm ham-fisted and would probably screw it up to the point where it becomes hilarious and sad all at the same time. If there's a way it could go wrong, I'll find that way, believe me I'd be the one with gaping holes in the grip frame when I'm done, from where the iron burned through it.

I'm a lot better off sticking with grip tape - at least I can un-do that when I get it wrong...

Yeah see that's the problem - I've got a soldering iron..but I'm ham-fisted and would probably screw it up to the point where it becomes hilarious and sad all at the same time. If there's a way it could go wrong, I'll find that way, believe me I'd be the one with gaping holes in the grip frame when I'm done, from where the iron burned through it.

I'm a lot better off sticking with grip tape - at least I can un-do that when I get it wrong...
    I totally understand your hesitation to stipple. I only proceeded after satisfactory results practicing stippling the removable backstraps that I did not intend on using. After practicing on those I decided I’d give it a try. It definitely took a lot of patience. Sorry for the bad pics, I realize now that it is hard to see what is tape and what is stippled. The stippled portions are the front and back of the grip, the tape is on the sides of the grip. I tried to follow the lines of the gun when I stippled it in hopes that it would look better.

Try practicing on P-Mags and extra backstraps before you do anything on a real frame. It's not that hard.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

PX4 Compact Carrys in stock

We have Compact Carry PX4s with and without trigger jobs in stock finally. Robar has both Mod 4s and Mod 5s in stock as well.

Just a heads up if any of you are looking.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We have Compact Carry PX4s with and without trigger jobs in stock finally. Robar has both Mod 4s and Mod 5s in stock as well.

Just a heads up if any of you are looking.
    Looks like no, but can someone order from you and add a Mod 5 hammer installed? If so, how?
    Last edited by Willard; 08-14-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Looks like no, but can someone order from you and add a Mod 5 hammer installed? If so, how?
    Yes, you can do that. Just order the gun and then order the hammer from the website as well. We have both the black hammers and the NP3 spurless hammers in stock.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yes, you can do that. Just order the gun and then order the hammer from the website as well. We have both the black hammers and the NP3 spurless hammers in stock.
    Just to make sure...you all will install the hammer?

User Tag List