Page 327 of 431 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by crossrifles View Post
    Ernest said the same thing about the pistol shooting high.

This dove tail may be off. I tapped the sight out. It required little effort, the sight looks true. If I place it flat on a surface the sight is not canted, but once you tap it back in its forced back into this odd position. I’ll contact Beretta and see what they say. I kinda wish it wasn’t pointed out to me. I never payed that much attention to it but now it’s like a scratch in a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I 've got one with the exact same problem, tapped the front out, checked the front sight, dovetail out both seemed fine.. reinstalled the front sight, and a funny thing happened, as I tapped the front back in it began to roll back in the dovetail. When I started it in the dovetail, it was setting as it should, with even amounts of gap on the front and rear, as I tapped it in, about halfway in it began to roll back. Now I understand how the front can be touching the slide,(in my case) but, there's not a scratch in the finish.. I don't know if it's the dovetail or the sight causing this..I'm not worried about it coming out, as it was a bitch to get it out, and back in, and that was after filing the bottom a bit..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-29-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    The side shot of the PX4CC on Langdon's site shows the same thing on the front sight.
    Adam

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    The side shot of the PX4CC on Langdon's site shows the same thing on the front sight.
    I’ve looked around and seen both. Some canted, some flush.

Last edited by crossrifles; 07-29-2018 at 11:13 AM.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I’m familiar with sight installs. I altered the sight slightly to see if I could even it up- no luck. There is a distinct difference in height if the sight sits as designed. At this point I think it’s the dovetail, cause I performed slight modifications to the sight with no changes the sight is being torqued toward the shooter.

Here it is half way in sitting flush.

As you can see the sight would be TALLER at this point bringing the impact down. This is with the sight halfway in so you can see the difference.

Once it’s tapped in as ralph said it’s torqued towards the shooter and the blade is shorter (impact HIGHER) at this point.

I also realize the slide in the last photo is tilted so here’s a shot of the slide flush. I think you guys get the point though.

With such a short sight radius and short barrel these slight differences can make significant impacts which are likely the contributing factor to my off hand 3-4 inch high impacts at 25 yards. M&P 2.0C for reference only.

Last edited by crossrifles; 07-29-2018 at 11:51 AM.

After hitting Ernest up about this, it may just be the design of the gun. I have a few other things I’m gonna try. Plus I have the .290 rear on the way from Ameriglo. I really like this piece, just have to get it dialed in to shoot lower.

Is it not possible to get it fitted properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Is it not possible to get it fitted properly?
    That's a good question...I'm thinking if it's the dovetail that's causing the problem, maybe not, I mean you can't really remove much more material without affecting the press fit...I don't understand how the sight rolls in the dovetail, I don't get that.. I really need to bench the PX4, and see what it does at 25yds...While I'm at it, I'll see how my P-07 does at that range as well, At least the sights on it are fitted correctly..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    That's a good question...I'm thinking if it's the dovetail that's causing the problem, maybe not, I mean you can't really remove much more material without affecting the press fit...I don't understand how the sight rolls in the dovetail, I don't get that.. I really need to bench the PX4, and see what it does at 25yds...While I'm at it, I'll see how my P-07 does at that range as well, At least the sights on it are fitted correctly..
    Just seems like Beretta or any good gunsmith should be able to handle this. I am not one but it would seem to me, any fitting should be done to the sight and not the slide dovetail...go to far there and you're screwed.

I know stuff like this happens but this really burns me up...you pay good money, it ought to be right and if they made a mistake, it should be fixed Promptly...not 12 weeks later or some such nonsense.

Hope it gets worked out.
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-29-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Was there any bump on the front or back of the sight, that could cause that cant?

Thanks to everyone who replied to my wml question! I caved and bought an fde 9mm px4c.

I do prefer to have a light on any gun i use for HD, so I'm wondering if creating a px4c attachment bar for an xc1 or tlr7 would be feasible? @LangdonTactical -- is this something you could help with if there is enough interest?
    Last edited by thatguybryan; 07-30-2018 at 07:24 PM.

User Tag List