Page 326 of 431 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I'm late to the game....

Picked up my CC couple of days ago. I really like everything about it. I'll probably be looking to go spurless as occasionally I'll get a bite from the hammer gripping the pistol really high.

My only issue was the gun seems to shoot high. Probably 4 inches at 25 yards in the off hand. Probably has something to do with the front sight that was installed at the factory. Thoughts?

Mine shoots similarly high as well, I have to do a 6 oclock hold generally. Literally the only thing I don't like about the gun. My front sight looks similar I think but hard to tell with just my eyeballs
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by crossrifles View Post
    Picked up my CC couple of days ago. I really like everything about it. I'll probably be looking to go spurless as occasionally I'll get a bite from the hammer gripping the pistol really high.

My only issue was the gun seems to shoot high. Probably 4 inches at 25 yards in the off hand. Probably has something to do with the front sight that was installed at the factory. Thoughts?
    I’m not sure if that is why yours is shooting high but I’m certainly not comfortable with that install over the long haul. I’d give Beretta a call.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

At first I thought my pair of pistols were shooting high, but realized I was seeing the orange square instead of the small strip above the orange, at the very top of the front sight. Seemed to shoot right on once I looked for that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ernest said the same thing about the pistol shooting high.

This dove tail may be off. I tapped the sight out. It required little effort, the sight looks true. If I place it flat on a surface the sight is not canted, but once you tap it back in its forced back into this odd position. I’ll contact Beretta and see what they say. I kinda wish it wasn’t pointed out to me. I never payed that much attention to it but now it’s like a scratch in a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The front sight sitting tall would make it shoot low

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    The front sight sitting tall would make it shoot low
    I understand that.
    But if the sight sat in the dovetail correctly there would be an minimal gap on both sides. This dove tail is jacked, causing the front end (toward shooter) to sit lower. The face of the blade is the highest point and it slopes downward to the muzzle end. Take a look at the dovetail gap too.

Last edited by crossrifles; 07-29-2018 at 01:06 AM.

I understand that.
    But if the sight sat in the dovetail correctly there would be an minimal gap on both sides. This dove tail is jacked, causing the front end (toward shooter) to sit lower. The face of the blade is the highest point and it slopes downward to the muzzle end. Take a look at the dovetail gap too.

I'm not saying the sight is sitting nicely in the dovetail but I think if you try to make it sit flush it will accentuate the problem and you'll be shooting even higher

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I'm not saying the sight is sitting nicely in the dovetail but I think if you try to make it sit flush it will accentuate the problem and you'll be shooting even higher
    I’m assuming there is some light underneath it. I’m not sure cause I don’t have another PX4 CC to compare. Based on some measurements I just assumed there has to be some gap. If they are to sit close, my dovetail is way off.
    Name:  IMG_2887.JPG
Views: 872
Size:  5.9 KB
    What I was thinking if there was a way to get the sight to sit square and give me equal gap I’d get some height to bring the impact down. Like in the attached photo.

Last edited by crossrifles; 07-29-2018 at 01:40 AM.

The front face of the sight (the one with the orange on it) is sitting too low. This leads to shooting high. Despite the fact that it's sitting low, it's still higher than the front of the sight so it appears normal to the shooter.

If the front sight were to sit flat, the front face of the sight would sit higher, bringing POI down.

Update on my PX4CC: new shooter shot it yesterday w/ S&B ammo and it failed to return to battery a couple times. His form wasn't perfect but not bad either. It fed S&B along with my 147gr minor loads fine for me, but FRTB with new shooters and S&B ammo seems to be how it starts.
    Last edited by perlslacker; 07-29-2018 at 09:28 AM.

User Tag List