Page 322 of 431 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Thanks

I've been having some FRTB issues with my PX4CC. It's been several hundred rounds, but less than a thousand, since its last cleaning (sorry, I'm not responsible enough to track exact round counts). The slide will almost go back into battery but not quite. A good whack on the base of the magazine will knock it back into battery.

It first happened when some brand new shooters where shooting it with S&B 115gr ammo. I attributed it to new shooters limprwristing it with cheap ammo, especially since people were having the same issue with a known good M&P9 with that ammo. A couple hundred rounds later, it happened to me with the same ammo. After 2 or 300 more rounds, I had the same issue with American Eagle 147.

Has anyone else had problems with this? I can't imagine Beretta's warranty department being very interested in an issue that only shows up after 700-800 rounds without cleaning. Lubrication is a thin layer of wheel bearing grease.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with this? I can't imagine Beretta's warranty department being very interested in an issue that only shows up after 700-800 rounds without cleaning. Lubrication is a thin layer of wheel bearing grease.
    I had some similar issues with a full sized PX4 when dirty and dry. Beretta looked at it and told me to lubricate and clean it. My Compact never gave me one issue at all: dry, dirty, weak ammo etc. it appears this problem, if you can call it that, is kind of unpredictable with the PX4.

Lubrication is a thin layer of wheel bearing grease.
    I'm not saying this is your only problem, but it may be a contributing factor.

an old post from ToddG

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....bricants/page3

I realize I may be an outlier, but my experience as I've related before based on high count count, infrequent cleaning:

Oil keeps my guns running fine.
    Grease may keep the rails looking nicer if used/replaced often but if I just want to go 2-4k rounds I end up with a paste full of debris that accelerates finish wear and compromises smooth function.

I tend to oil my guns heavily and then let the excess just flow off over the course of shooting at the range. In fact, more often than not I'm lubing the gun on the range for exactly that reason. But then the gun will easily go 2k+ rounds without getting any lubrication again. It's worked for me for a long, long time.
    another for instance, Wilson's Ultima-Lube II Grease, which is a pourable product and not a solid like most greases, is not recommended for pistols, just for semi-auto carbines.
    Last edited by JTQ; 06-10-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm not saying this is your only problem, but it may be a contributing factor.

an old post from ToddG

another for instance, Wilson's Ultima-Lube II Grease, which is a pourable product and not a solid like most greases, is not recommended for pistols, just for semi-auto carbines.
    Could be. I've been maintaining it the same way that I do Glocks and M&Ps, which are much more forgiving.

My semi-educated guess is that the rotating barrel action has more friction that needs to be overcome.

Could be. I've been maintaining it the same way that I do Glocks and M&Ps, which are much more forgiving.

My semi-educated guess is that the rotating barrel action has more friction that needs to be overcome.
    P. E. Kelley, in his Grand Power P45 review (another rotating barrel gun), had some reliability issues that were fixed with a touch of lube between the breech face and the barrel. His comments can be seen beginning at around the 9:30 mark in the video at this thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Bullet-Blaster

Still, I'm not sure this is your problem, but it is not a place normally lubricated in the typical non-rotating barrel semi-auto pistol, so I'd be inclined to give it a try before calling Beretta with a problem that may not be.

I have had issues with Failures to return to battery with my PX4CC#1. It has always went into battery with a relatively light tap.

It has occurred rarely/randomly since I picked it up lightly used from a buddy last fall.

During Langdon’s class in May, it started doing it more frequently. He commented that it looked dry/dirty so I took it offline and gave it a re-lube.
    It continued, though, so I swapped it out for CC#2.

I was a little suspicious that the Aguila 124 I was running, which has a distinct cannelure on the case, was hanging up, but the problem didn’t surface on the second gun so I think it’s just something about #1.

I’m going to order a recoil spring assembly from LTT and see if that impacts performance. While it doesn’t have the round count to need one yet, it’s possible and if it doesn’t change it, then it won’t hurt to have a spare.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've been having some FRTB issues with my PX4CC. It's been several hundred rounds, but less than a thousand, since its last cleaning (sorry, I'm not responsible enough to track exact round counts). The slide will almost go back into battery but not quite. A good whack on the base of the magazine will knock it back into battery.

It first happened when some brand new shooters where shooting it with S&B 115gr ammo. I attributed it to new shooters limprwristing it with cheap ammo, especially since people were having the same issue with a known good M&P9 with that ammo. A couple hundred rounds later, it happened to me with the same ammo. After 2 or 300 more rounds, I had the same issue with American Eagle 147.

I had that problem after about 1000 rounds without cleaning. What I found really helps is some slip 2000 grease on the cam and the channel on the barrel lug where the cam travels, the I use Lucas Extreme Gun Oil everywhere else.

Also, don’t sell Beretta’s customer service short. 700-800 rounds through one of those pistols is nothing. They really are designed for 10,000+ rounds until things get replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m at 1,700 rounds right now out of the 2,000 round challenge. No issues yet.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Apparently, now I'm a Sorcerer.

Public announcement: I am now practicing witch craft, I'm a sorcerer. I have a magic wand in an invisible sheath...

I'm late to the party but glad I came. I picked up a grey framed px4 compact on Gunbroker for a steal and ended up turning it into virtual clone of the carry model. I had my first fam-fire session with it today and was pretty blown away by it's shootability. It carries and conceals like small gun and shots like a big gun. Essentially its a magic wand. I shoot it equally as well as my G-SD which initially made me a little mad but then I realized that it was actually awesome. Ran 3 back to back FAST tests and scored a 6.25c, 6.17-1b and a 6.45c which was great for me considering I've never handled one of these guns before today and I'm out of practice. Cleaned dot torture at 3 yards (will try 5 next time) pretty easily. Then I loaded up my carry ammo, Winchester 147gr stx and shot a 3" 25 yard group that was perfect for height and drift. Zero on my gun at 25yards is top edge of the front sight. Then, using the same POA, I put a single shot on paper at 5y, 10y, 15y and 20y and was very pleased with how this gun's zero turned out.

Also a first for me was using a Keeper. This holster simply rocks. With my G-SD in a JMCK it prints a little if you know what your looking for. With the Keeper it straight up vanished, like I cast invisibility at level 9...

Everyone knocked it out of the park with this gun, Beretta, Langdon, Ameriglo, Keepers Concealment etc. Thanks to everyone. This will make a great companion to my full size pizza gun!

25yards Winchester 147gr STX:

1 shot at 5,10,15 and 20 yards same POA:

The Magic Wand in it's invisible sheath:

All it needs is a larger mag release (anyone want to trade a back strap for a mag release?) and some stippling and it will be perfect.

User Tag List