Page 315 of 431 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Are you holding the FBP up while racking the slide, then releasing the trigger slowly?

The trigger bar in my PX4s all reset off of the FBP safety lever. As soon as the slide disconnects the trigger bar into the fully "down" position, the safety lever moves all the way forward/down. The trigger bar then must come all the way forward to clear the leg on the safety lever to fully reset the trigger. If the safety lever doesn't move forward/down, then the trigger bar just resets off the sear. I'll see if can take a quick video to better demonstrate what I'm trying to describe.
    Yes, I am doing the reset in the fashion that you described. I will think about what you just wrote and look forward to figuring out this mystery and understanding what you're referring to.

Site Supporter
    Maybe these will help. I don't think the difference is 2mm to 8mm as initially described, but the reset is substantially different if the safety lever doesn't get pushed down by the FPB. The difference is the same as the amount of pre-travel slack in single action. If the safety lever is up, then the trigger only as to go forward to the exact break point in SA.

Maybe these will help. I don't think the difference is 2mm to 8mm as initially described, but the reset is substantially different if the safety lever doesn't get pushed down by the FPB. The difference is the same as the amount of pre-travel slack in single action. If the safety lever is up, then the trigger only as to go forward to the exact break point in SA.

These are great videos! I appreciate your thoroughness and attention to detail. I noticed that you did not take the hammer forward and back again on each cycle, as firing would. This will stop the sear from going back as far. If the reset length is determined by the sear's position, this would make a difference.

Also, do you suggest that all of the test Compacts, new and used that were tested by @vactor in the initial report had stuck FBPs?

There is something going on here, though. It is worthy of more research. There is more evidence that it is not connected to the FBP in this video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-eM4YNeXBU

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    There is something going on here, though. It is worthy of more research. There is more evidence that it is not connected to the FBP in this video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-eM4YNeXBU
    His description sounds exactly like the reset difference if the trigger bar resets off the sear instead of the safety lever. Another variable I forgot to mention is that I'm using the competition FCG in all three of my PX4s (and one is LTT tuned). I haven't looked at the standard FCG to see if there is a difference in the safety lever and trigger bar interaction.

Also, cycling the hammer, as you indicate above, doesn't seem to affect the reset difference.

His description sounds exactly like the reset difference if the trigger bar resets off the sear instead of the safety lever. Another variable I forgot to mention is that I'm using the competition FCG in all three of my PX4s (and one is LTT tuned). I haven't looked at the standard FCG to see if there is a difference in the safety lever and trigger bar interaction.

Also, cycling the hammer, as you indicate above, doesn't seem to affect the reset difference.
    This is still worthy of further investigation. If it is attached to the FBP getting stuck that frequently, as you thought, it is something that Beretta should know because it would be a safety problem worthy of a recall.

Where it resets may not matter for actual shooting. But, if a mechanical function causes varying reset points, then safety would have to be in question if it could not be explained by user inconsistencies.

Though it seems highly improbable, is there any front-to-back movement of your FCG within the frame? This could cause the sear location to vary just enough to cause the trigger bar to come out from under it at different times.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 03-12-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Though it seems highly improbable, is there any front-to-back movement of your FCG within the frame? This could cause the sear location to vary just enough to cause the trigger bar to come out from under it at different times.
    There isn't any wiggle in the FCGs. Just to be clear, my guns don't have the problem of different reset positions unless I hold the FPB up while cycling the slide or physically move the safety lever as shown in the video.

There isn't any wiggle in the FCGs. Just to be clear, my guns don't have the problem of different reset positions unless I hold the FPB up while cycling the slide or physically move the safety lever as shown in the video.
    Then it would be good if anyone experiencing varied trigger reset points were to check their FCG rigidity.

Just got this Streamlight TLR-7 in, couldn't resist mounting it on my Compact Carry. Could be a viable option.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just got this Streamlight TLR-7 in, couldn't resist mounting it on my Compact Carry.
    How did you do that? If there's a way to mount the TLR-7 on a PX4 Compact (especially in a manner that makes the switch reachable by people other than Andre the Giant), please share!

User Tag List