Page 309 of 431 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Lightly used CC heading my way, along with 2 11# springs from Langdon (1 for me, 1 for my FIL with the factory px4). Really hoping they work as well as claimed.

I shot my new Compact Carry last Thursday, and my wife and I went the range again tonight. I fired a magazine, and then the slide almost came off when my wife was shooting the second mag. It was fine for another 100 rounds after that, so....?????

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  44.3 KB
    This is how far forward the slide moved tonight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I shot my new Compact Carry last Thursday, and my wife and I went the range again tonight. I fired a magazine, and then the slide almost came off when my wife was shooting the second mag. It was fine for another 100 rounds after that, so....?????
    Any chance she was making contact with the takedown lever?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Any chance she was making contact with the takedown lever?
    She has small hands, and I couldn’t make the slide move forward with my large hands.

She has small hands, and I couldn’t make the slide move forward with my large hands.
    Occasionally unburned powder or debris, lubrication or something can find its way into the locking slot of the cam block or disassembly latch cavity, causing it to stick down. I've also noted that newly Cerakoted slides can shed a little at first. Perhaps a check of the latch's free movement and the slot's cleanliness might give a clue.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  44.3 KB
    This is how far forward the slide moved tonight.
    For the slide to move that far forward might indicate that it's jumping out during recoil.

The first thing I noticed with this CC, was how much more difficult the release tabs are to actuate. I just used my needle oil bottle to place the smallest drop in the mechanism, and now it’s MUCH easier to work the slide release. I’ll blowout the excess with some compressed air.

Okay.... Comparing both pistols, the first slide glides freely on the rails until it’s off completely. The new pistol slides nicely until it’s riding only on the front rails, and then it feels tight. Maybe a bit of break-in?

The first thing I noticed with this CC, was how much more difficult the release tabs are to actuate. I just used my needle oil bottle to place the smallest drop in the mechanism, and now it’s MUCH easier to work the slide release. I’ll blowout the excess with some compressed air.
    That's weird. When I got my PX4c, the first thing I noticed was how much easier it is to release those detents than on my wife's G19

User Tag List