Page 308 of 431 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I vaguely remember Mr. Langdon posting that he started to get light strikes while experimenting with how light of a hammer spring he could use reliably and I think that might have involved cutting coils off the 12# spring. I might be misremembering though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Robar offers a complete Mod 4 or 5 package if you send in your gun.
    That is my understanding as well. A while back I even emailed Robar and asked if they'd do those mods to the .40 cal versions (I didn't know if there were parts differences that meant EL wouldn't/couldn't do the trigger job on) and they said they could. I didn't ask if the same applied to the .45 or subcompact models though

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    To make a Mod 4 out of a Mod 0 (the basic gun) you would need to add:
    Reduced Power Hammer Spring
    ROBAR NP3 finish package
    Full Langdon Trigger Job

Just adding a hammer spring is easy. The Wilson 12# is great, but Langdon's new 11# might be worth a try.

Or, you could easily order one of Langdon's "trigger job in a bag" and get much of the benefit of the full langdon trigger job, although it's not quite the same as having him work it over fully. Note it comes with a hammer spring.

And of course the NP3 package is it's own animal to add.
    This isn't accurate. The base PX4CC is the same as a Mod 0; the base PX4 Compact is not. To make a PX4CC from a base gun, you would need the competition trigger group and Ameriglo sights. To further improve the trigger, add a Wilson 12 lb hammer spring, or skip all the trigger mods and go with Mr. Langdon's trigger job in a bag plus Ameriglo sights.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    This isn't accurate. The base PX4CC is the same as a Mod 0; the base PX4 Compact is not. To make a PX4CC from a base gun, you would need the competition trigger group and Ameriglo sights. To further improve the trigger, add a Wilson 12 lb hammer spring, or skip all the trigger mods and go with Mr. Langdon's trigger job in a bag plus Ameriglo sights.
    You’re right - however I think we both started at different assumptions as to what he bought from grabagun.... I assumed he bought a PX4CC (not base compact) based on the link to grabagun having them on sale a few posts prior.

If he did indeed get a base compact, you’re exactly right there’s a lot more to add than just the trigger job and NP3.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That is my understanding as well. A while back I even emailed Robar and asked if they'd do those mods to the .40 cal versions (I didn't know if there were parts differences that meant EL wouldn't/couldn't do the trigger job on) and they said they could. I didn't ask if the same applied to the .45 or subcompact models though
    A SubCompact cannot use a Competition Trigger Group (aka: Hammer unit assembly).
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-17-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    A SubCompact cannot use a Competition Trigger Group (aka: Hammer unit assembly).

Why not? (it isn't marketed to it, isn't the same)

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Why not? (it isn't marketed to it, isn't the same)
    As to why not: The SubCompact is shorter in the frame/grip. In entry #50 of my thread on Storm parts- https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page5 I show a picture of the top of the hammer group on a Sub. It is shaped differently than the others. This is probably because of the short grip.

I did confirm this information quite a while ago with Beretta. As to marketing? I can't answer for that. When the Storm .45 first came out they marketed it with pictures of a 9mm.

On Beretta USA's page it states, "Trigger group with special hammer and springs. Fits Full Size and Compact." http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-...-group/c8c205/
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-17-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    As to why not: The SubCompact is shorter in the frame/grip. In entry #50 of my thread on Storm parts- https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page5 I show a picture of the top of the hammer group on a Sub. It is shaped differently than the others. This is probably because of the short grip.
    Now I see the difference in the top. There is a part that is a tiny bit thinner and has an exposed spring where the full size doesn't appear to have a spring. From the front, the angle appears a bit different. Looking at it from the other side, length and everything else matches up. You don't notice the top unless your looking hard. Now I understand how EL could have missed the trigger bar differences as well as why I have seen some coat the trigger group, rather then insert a new one.

I would think this is a difference more due to the Browning tilt barrel rather then the grip size (as the length matches, but the difference is where the slide contacts). I certainly would not have noticed that, and I have a space CTG, that my thoughts were to convert it to a D series trigger for one of the two C series Guns I have. (probably the subcompact)

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    You’re right - however I think we both started at different assumptions as to what he bought from grabagun.... I assumed he bought a PX4CC (not base compact) based on the link to grabagun having them on sale a few posts prior.

If he did indeed get a base compact, you’re exactly right there’s a lot more to add than just the trigger job and NP3.
    Good point, but if you have a PX4CC and discount the coatings, the only options were the 12 lb spring and/or the Langdon trigger job in the Robar guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I vaguely remember Mr. Langdon posting that he started to get light strikes while experimenting with how light of a hammer spring he could use reliably and I think that might have involved cutting coils off the 12# spring. I might be misremembering though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct, that is exactly what happened.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List