Page 307 of 431 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by PumpGunGuy View Post
    I’m a little late to the party, and found that Robar is out of mod4’s and not planning to make any more. I just ordered one of the px4’s from Grabagun, and I’m wondering what further needs to be done to make it similar to the Robar Guns (aside from the finish). Will a new hammer spring be beneficial? If so, which one?

This should be fun. Thanks for input
    To make a Mod 4 out of a Mod 0 (the basic gun) you would need to add:
    Reduced Power Hammer Spring
    ROBAR NP3 finish package
    Full Langdon Trigger Job

Just adding a hammer spring is easy. The Wilson 12# is great, but Langdon's new 11# might be worth a try.

Or, you could easily order one of Langdon's "trigger job in a bag" and get much of the benefit of the full langdon trigger job, although it's not quite the same as having him work it over fully. Note it comes with a hammer spring.

And of course the NP3 package is it's own animal to add.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I’m a little late to the party, and found that Robar is out of mod4’s and not planning to make any more. I just ordered one of the px4’s from Grabagun, and I’m wondering what further needs to be done to make it similar to the Robar Guns (aside from the finish). Will a new hammer spring be beneficial? If so, which one?

My PX4 CC came with a 10# DA trigger pull. I thought I used a Beretta D spring in the plain PX4 Compact that I converted to a CC, but it was a Wilson Combat 12# spring. The Wilson Combat 12# spring is pulling at around 6 1/2lbs, so I’ll be ordering a couple more.

If I'm not mistaken, Robar offers a complete Mod 4 or 5 package if you send in your gun.

I just spoke to Brian at Wilson Combat, and he suggested sticking with a 13# spring. Ernest Langdon reported a few failures to fire with lighter springs, but that was over the course of a thousand rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I just spoke to Brian at Wilson Combat, and he suggested sticking with a 13# spring. Ernest Langdon reported a few failures to fire with lighter springs, but that was over the course of a thousand rounds.
    In what gun? I’ve got 10,000+ total rounds through multiple PX4s and they all have a 12# Wilson spring.
    Shoot more, post less...

I presume a 92. I could not go below 14 lbs. Didn't have a magic WC bar though.

ModYVK. #itchyhands#concealmentfreak

Name:  20180216_163520.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  60.6 KB
    Last edited by YVK; 02-16-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    In what gun? I’ve got 10,000+ total rounds through multiple PX4s and they all have a 12# Wilson spring.
    The PX4 CC. I have around 600 rounds through my first PX4 with a Wilson 12# spring, and haven’t had any problems with FTF. I’m just relaying what Brian said.
    Last edited by FrankB; 02-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.

The PX4 CC. I have around 600 rounds through my first PX4 with a Wilson 12# spring, and haven’t had any problems with FTF. I’m just relaying what Brian said.
    Gotcha. 12# is fine in these guns. I personally don’t go lower than a 13# in a 92. @LangdonTactical put 50K rounds on the same 12# Wilson CS hammer spring.
    Shoot more, post less...

I think you may be confusing between guns and hammer springs. I have yet to have a light strike with the 12# hammer spring in the PX4. I put 50,000 rounds through the PX4 full size with the same 12# hammer spring without a single light strike. Including thousands of rounds of IMI NATO ball and about 14,000 rounds of Fiocchi.

I have now had one failure with the IMI 124 Ball with the 11# spring in about 800 rounds. But no issues with almost 1000 rounds of other ammo. Federal, Super Vel, and Atlanta Arms have all been 100% with the 11# spring in the PX4

The 92 is not the same animal at all, even though people keep getting them mixed up when it comes to hammer springs. They are very different and will not work the same or get the same results with the same hammer spring.

Bottom line, I have 100% confidence in the CS 12# hammer spring in PX4. If you have a light strike with that setup, it is likely the ammo and has nothing to do with the hammer spring.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I thought that you posted a few FTF with a light hammer spring. In any case, I’ve been using a 12# WC hammer spring for months, but thought it was a Beretta D spring. I found the WC 12# package after getting disappointing results in my new CC with a D spring I ordered. I cut a couple of coils off, and that got the DA down to around 7.5lbs. The WC 12# spring is yielding a 6.5lb DA pull. Thanks for everything you post here, Ernest!

User Tag List