Page 3 of 431 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I actually like the PX4 compact, have not yet bought one but one day I will, particularly now that I learnt is quite customizable.

I have read some caustic posts here about rotating barrels, but my experiences shooting a friend's PX4 have been excellent, and I have had a STI GP6 I bought for a song years ago that shoots amazingly well. It's a beautiful CZ clone, with a trigger to die for, incredibly soft to shoot and accurate to a fault.

Site Supporter
    I strongly considered the PX4 Compact 9mm when I was looking for a G19 sized pistol. I had previously owned 3 other G19s and they were unreliable for me when my other Glocks (26,17,34,21,30) ran 100%. It seemed that the Beretta compact control levers were unobtainium and night sights might be a hassle if you don't have a sight pusher. So I went with a Gen4 G19 test fired date of 4/15 and of course it's a BTF queen. If the incoming apex extractor doesn't fix it the Storm compact is back on the list along with a P07.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So far it seems like a really easy gun to work on and Beretta is still supporting this platform. Trigger spring looks pretty stout, so I don't see it needing frequent replacement.
    To go off topic a bit, might you have any idea when the M9A3 should be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    To go off topic a bit, might you have any idea when the M9A3 should be out?
    probably end of year....

Back on topic, I held one today, it was very nice, however i noticed when you start the trigger pull you can "feel" a whole lotta stuff moving in the frame if that makes sense?

The PX4 Compact in 9mm is my SO's everything gun. I think they are very underrated. Great trigger, light weight. Very slippery grip but that of course can be dealt with. The sites seem small to me somehow, but that of course can be changed as well.

If it was mine, I'd convert it to a G, and get low profile safety and slide levers.

There is a lot of plastic in the rotating barrel recoil spring assembly, it always weirds me out a little, but we've not had any issues with ours.
    Join FPC

How much thinner does the low profile parts change the overall width? I noticed the full size version of the PX4 is almost perfect for IDPA CCP and the compact for BUG-S but both models are 2mm too wide stock.

BTW: On sale for $470. Cheapest I've ever seen it. http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...ipping%21.html

Site Supporter
    Buds Gunshop has some type Gs in stock. Both in 9mm and .40.

Not gonna lie, I also always thought of this gun as a bit of a turd.

I've shot 'em and acknowledged the decent trigger and shooting characteristics, but have always dismissed them from serious consideration.

I'm looking forward to hearing more.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 07-13-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I almost bought one today. Because of this thread. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
    3/15/2016

Do it for science. That was a good enough reason for you to procure a Hi-Point so it oughtta be good enough for a gun that doesn't suck.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List