Page 298 of 431 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Lots of good sales on the compact right now. Between having to buy new holsters, magazines, and parts I might just hold off. I guess I just don't hate my g19 enough to replace it or dislike the weight of my m9a1C enough either. Really seems to split the difference. The SCD really helped me decide on keeping the Glock around

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Lots of good sales on the compact right now. Between having to buy new holsters, magazines, and parts I might just hold off. I guess I just don't hate my g19 enough to replace it or dislike the weight of my m9a1C enough either. Really seems to split the difference. The SCD really helped me decide on keeping the Glock around
    Went through the same thing and decided it was worth it. I’m just better with a DA/SA. Hassle, yes. Worth it yes.

I didn't realize it, but according to this video, the PX4 has a pseudo-loaded chamber indicator:

https://youtu.be/kQdh5nivMpU?t=17m19s
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I didn't realize it, but according to this video, the PX4 has a pseudo-loaded chamber indicator:

"This little piece of metal..." The extractor.

I believe Beretta used to identify this feature on their website, but I couldn't find it on their website for their full size, though they do show it on the 92.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-fs/
    Last edited by JTQ; 12-08-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

frequently, the red paint on the extractor will get dirty. q-tip fixes that real quickly. i use the handle end of an old toothbrush to push it out so i can clean it, with the slide locked back. the red is noticeable, and you can also feel it. there is also a very small gap between the end of the extractor and the barrel, and you can see the rim of a case via that opening for a second visual check of having a loaded chamber.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Perhaps this has been covered, but I’m not finding it — what exactly is significantly different about the competition trigger group? Different finish, looks to be a different hammer? What else is significant about it? Does it lighten the pull, just smooth it up, both?

I picked one up (i was ordering stuff anyway) but want to understand it before putting it in. How does the spring that comes on it compare to the oem spring and wilson 12# spring?
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 12-11-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The comp trigger kit will give you a much smoother trigger press in both DA and SA. The 12# spring really helps it along to!!
    Can't speak for the other springs.

If you shot mine it's set up this way !
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I put the Beretta "D" spring in my PX4C a week ago and yesterday I smoothed and polished the hammer spring strut. I now have DA just over 8# and SA just under 5#. I don't see any PX4 parts at Wilson so is the 12# spring referenced frequently the 12# spring for the 92? Have any of you measured trigger pull w/ the 12# spring and also w/ the comp trigger group and w/ the two combined?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I put the Beretta "D" spring in my PX4C a week ago and yesterday I smoothed and polished the hammer spring strut. I now have DA just over 8# and SA just under 5#. I don't see any PX4 parts at Wilson so is the 12# spring referenced frequently the 12# spring for the 92? Have any of you measured trigger pull w/ the 12# spring and also w/ the comp trigger group and w/ the two combined?
    Wilson Combat Hammer Spring, chrome Silicon 12#, Beretta 92/96 (721CS-12)
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Perhaps this has been covered, but I’m not finding it — what exactly is significantly different about the competition trigger group? Different finish, looks to be a different hammer? What else is significant about it? Does it lighten the pull, just smooth it up, both?

I picked one up (i was ordering stuff anyway) but want to understand it before putting it in. How does the spring that comes on it compare to the oem spring and wilson 12# spring?
    In my samples the DA pull was the same weight but the SA went from 4.5 to 3.5 lbs and felt smoother.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List