Page 294 of 431 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I couldn't decide whether to get a Gen 5 G-19 or a S&W Compact 2.0. So I just ordered a PX4 Custom Carry instead. I just can't bring myself to AIWB a striker pistol.
    I'm coming around to that line thought myself, and will probably snag Compact this summer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Carrying strikers AIWB with a proper holster never bothered me. I just have very few reasons to anymore.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

First range session with my bare bones Px4 Compact G yesterday. It is, in fact, a VERY soft, flat shooting pistol. Factory trigger is pretty darned nice - SA reset's a little long with a bit too much take up for my tastes, but definitely workable as is. Overall I didn't shoot it nearly as well as my G19, or my P07, but that's probably due largely to it being a new platform that I'm unfamiliar with. Did anyone else find themselves "fishing" for the front sight when they switched to this? I was SLOW on first shots because the pistol didn't "point" very naturally for me (again, likely based on decades of Glock shooting...)

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    First range session with my bare bones Px4 Compact G yesterday. It is, in fact, a VERY soft, flat shooting pistol. Factory trigger is pretty darned nice - SA reset's a little long with a bit too much take up for my tastes, but definitely workable as is. Overall I didn't shoot it nearly as well as my G19, or my P07, but that's probably due largely to it being a new platform that I'm unfamiliar with. Did anyone else find themselves "fishing" for the front sight when they switched to this? I was SLOW on first shots because the pistol didn't "point" very naturally for me (again, likely based on decades of Glock shooting...)
    Yeah that's all down to the Glockmgrip angle you are used to. I did almost 20 years straight on Sig P series, experimented with a few platforms for a year or two then settled on the Hlocks for the last few years so the normal grip angle of the PX4 takes a few weeks of acclimation. At home, load a snap cap, and put a foamie earplug under the hammer, put it in the recessed area of the slide. When watching TV just point, and dry fire. Do it until you are bored, or 30 minutes a day. You'll adjust quickly. I am of the opinion, if you are going to shoot Glocks, then shoot them solely due to the grip angle. TDA you can mix and match platforms to a degree but I do not like switching back and forth beteween a TDA and a Glock and I will be selling all my secondary or backup Glocks for this resson alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    Where can we order the different rear sights from? Or what is the part number?

I’m a drive the dot shooter and I’m having a hard time with the current 6 o’clock hold with the current rear sights.

Thank you!

I bet that will be from ameriglow. I'll call them tomorrow and check for us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Call Ameriglo directly and order their .290 tall rear sight. That will get you shooting POA/POI. Ameriglo’s number is listed on their website.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Call Ameriglo directly and order their .290 tall rear sight. That will get you shooting POA/POI. Ameriglo’s number is listed on their website.
    Thank you!

I couldn't decide whether to get a Gen 5 G-19 or a S&W Compact 2.0. So I just ordered a PX4 Custom Carry instead. I just can't bring myself to AIWB a striker pistol.
    I picked up my Custom Carry this evening. It was dark, but I figured with night sights, why not? I like this pistol. DA is over 8# which is as high as my gauge goes, and 4.5 SA. Just right for a carry pistol. I ran a mag each of 147 HST, Wolf 115, 147 AE9FP and my 147 handloads. I was shooting my 16" plate from about 10 yards in the dark and hit it 59 times. I had 1 stovepipe with my handloads. I field stripped it and it was bone dry. So I put a little oil here and there. I don't think I will do anything else to it. Just run it.

I got mine from Whittakers. https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-38093 They still have some. Mine had all the goodies. There was some discussion about how they could sell so low.

I got mine from Whittakers. https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-38093 They still have some. Mine had all the goodies. There was some discussion about how they could sell so low.
    I'm tempted to get a second one at that price.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I'm tempted to get a second one at that price.
    Mind sharing via PM? I don't really want to get on their email list

User Tag List