Page 287 of 431 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Looking at trading into a PX4 Compact. Where is the best place to get the stealth levers for slide release and decocker and the competition trigger assembly?
    Midway USA sells the comp trigger group for $90. You might be able to locate the Stealth levers from Brownell’s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Looking at trading into a PX4 Compact. Where is the best place to get the stealth levers for slide release and decocker and the competition trigger assembly?
    Ok.... I did some searching, and Beretta is the only place that has the levers in stock right now, but they’re deceptive...lol! The item # is # E00348. The don’t look like Stealth levers, but someone here assured me they were, and they are indeed the Stealth levers. Ignore the picture on Beretta’s website.

My gunsmith figured out how to put the competition trigger in the subcompact during his R&D so I just used that coupon code to order another comp trigger. I don’t even have the things in my hand yet and they are costing me money!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    My gunsmith figured out how to put the competition trigger in the subcompact during his R&D
    Whoa, do you have details on this? For now I bought the Special Duty Spring Kit to upgrade the subcompact I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
    Whoa, do you have details on this? For now I bought the Special Duty Spring Kit to upgrade the subcompact I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He figured it out, and figured out to reduce the reset on all the PX4’s

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    He figured it out, and figured out to reduce the reset on all the PX4’s
    I could see the TCG (not by them, but from memory, I believe the sides are shorter on the subcompact). But do you really mean reduce the reset an ALL PX4's (the C version as well)?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I could see the TCG (not by them, but from memory, I believe the sides are shorter on the subcompact). But do you really mean reduce the reset an ALL PX4's (the C version as well)?
    Shortening the reset on the Type C is easy. Just swap in the standard trigger & trigger bar. You’ll also gain back second strike capability

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    Shortening the reset on the Type C is easy. Just swap in the standard trigger & trigger bar. You’ll also gain back second strike capability

That is just the standard D model conversion or a hybrid F/G model without the safeties (where you thumb the hammer).
    Hence me asking him for specific's. I am trying to figure if there is a different way, as the C uses a different trigger bar, which is where that discussion on the other board went.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The 92 and PX4 use the same hammer spring. When I refer to the Wilson 12# spring I'm referring to the 12# Wilson 92 spring, which is what is recommended for the PX4.
    OK, this is not exactly true. While they do interchange, i.e. you can swap them around, they do not use the same springs. The standard F model spring in a 92 is a much heavier spring than the F model PX4 spring. In fact, the F model PX4 spring is a little lighter than the D model 92 spring.

While the 12# spring works in both guns, you're going to get much less firing pin energy in a model 92 with that spring. Therefore your likely to run into light strike issues with the 92 sooner than you would with the PX4.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I don't think you need a trigger bar or any of that to work with the springs. If you have light strikes Wilson has a drop-in hammer that is supposed to improve trigger pull and help with light strikes due to lighter springs. Mine hasn't needed it. And IIRC the 92 hammer will also fit the PX4.
    OK, again we have some confusion here.

The trigger bar from Wilson helps in a few ways. One, it cocks the hammer back farther in DA and therefore improves firing pin energy on the DA pull. It also has an overtravel stop to reduce over travel and therefore shorten reset as well.

The hammer does two things as well. One, it is heavier than the Elite II hammer, and the weight is distributed differently so that it delivers more firing pin energy than the Elite II hammer while also improving lock time over the full weight stock 92 hammer. It also has a different pre-travel point than the stock hammers, either the Elite or standard hammer, so you will have slightly less take up in single action.

So, the hammer will help if you have light strikes with an Elite II hammer, but not if your having light strikes with an standard hammer.

Hammer weight matters when it comes to firing pin energy.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List