Page 280 of 431 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Holy cow it’s a small world. My favorite gun shop is in Jacksonville and I drive the hour there frequently. I’m really surprised I haven’t heard of him before. I can’t wait to get up with him. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    @FrankB do you feel that you were too rushed to make a final decision or do you feel very solid about the result?
    New Opinion:
    The 92C and I got along MUCH better today! The pistol ran flawlessly, and had much less felt recoil than the PX4C.
    92C:
    Name:  12E07127-D89E-4823-A883-5883161E2E64.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  37.8 KB

The PX4C was shot after the 92C, and its recoil was noticeably snappier, but fine. It’s SA trigger was noticeably lighter than the 92C, and is about a pound lighter according to my Lyman gauge. Still a great pistol. I dropped one shot with the 92C, and 3 shots with the PX4C, but the latter’s trigger was breaking more quickly than the 92C.
    PX4C:
    Name:  84FA51C8-2BFC-4585-8C4E-1386C2202264.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  38.7 KB

EDIT: Targets were at 10 yards, and rate of fire was as fast as I could get my sights realigned.
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-08-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    You could always send your px4 to a good stippler and get a great grip. Just a thought.
    A few years ago, I looked at stippling as kind of a travesty--but I admit, some of the jobs I've seen on here are gorgeous. Still, it has a measure of permanence that I'm not 100% comfortable with.

I mean, it's not like I have any "issues" with the PX4 grip. It's actually excellent--and the second-best feeling gun I own. But the 92 with the VZs is just... ergonomic poetry.

The rubber Talons are nice--but they tend to feel a little slick once your hands get sweaty. I might try the skateboard tapey Talons at some point. And honestly... the gun is fine with nothing at all.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-08-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    And honestly... the gun is fine with nothing at all.
    You must have the grip strength of Thor then. The PX4 squirmed around in my hands like a wet noodle before I stippled it. I do live in Eastern NC where the relative humidity always seems to be above 70-80%, so that might have something to do with it. But the grip with nothing on it is pretty darn slick IMO.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    You must have the grip strength of Thor then. The PX4 squirmed around in my hands like a wet noodle before I stippled it. I do live in Eastern NC where the relative humidity always seems to be above 70-80%, so that might have something to do with it. But the grip with nothing on it is pretty darn slick IMO.
    Yeah, I find the PX4's ergonomics to be fairly similar to that of Mjolnir. Definitely the handgun preferred by most thunder gods.

Seriously though, I thought it felt pretty darn good out of the box. For my hand, the overall shape just lends itself to staying planted--texture of course helps. When I first got the thing, I pontificated about not putting on the Talons. Then I was like, "What the hell." And yeah--they feel nice.

On the opposite end of the spectrum... HK USP. Than gun just disagreed with me, ergonomically. No matter how hard I squeezed, Talons or no Talons, it just never felt like the thing was properly planted. HK45c wasn't much better.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-08-2017 at 04:43 PM.

I can't imagine a frame replacement from Beretta costing much more than what many companies charge for stippling so do it yourself. It's not hard to get the texture you desire, especially if you practice for a bit on something else. It's not like you're tattooing yourself, so give it a shot.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I can't imagine a frame replacement from Beretta costing much more than what many companies charge for stippling so do it yourself. It's not hard to get the texture you desire, especially if you practice for a bit on something else. It's not like you're tattooing yourself, so give it a shot.
    Find one.
    Since they charge more for a replacement slide, then the whole gun, and I have never seen a replacement frame, I would be shocked to see them, let alone they be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Is the frame serialized with the PX4s? That’s potentially a wrinkle/hassle if you ruin one.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Is the frame serialized with the PX4s? That’s potentially a wrinkle/hassle if you ruin one.
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Lots of people carry guns with differing slide/frame serial #s. I wouldn't have any issue with that, especially when issued by the OEM mfg.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List