Page 273 of 431 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Mr. Langdon!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May was my last range trip. I put your hammers on in early June and life got in the way (few months of employers medical, means overtime not range time). I finally got to the range today and no hammer bite.
    I need to post in another thread as I think something else affected my shooting as well, but this certainly made it more enjoyable!!
    Glad to hear it!!!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Main reason I switched from a Glock 19 to the PX4 CC was to get away from slide bite. When I saw some folks complain about hammer bite I'd knew it would get me too. So I opted straight for the Robar Mod 5 and couldn't be happier. Since I bought the last one I've got to pick up a second Compact Carry and have a Langdon hammer installed. Fastest 1000 rounds I've been through and after years of using Glocks I shoot this thing Way better!

Quote Originally Posted by Papalapa View Post
    Main reason I switched from a Glock 19 to the PX4 CC was to get away from slide bite. When I saw some folks complain about hammer bite I'd knew it would get me too. So I opted straight for the Robar Mod 5 and couldn't be happier. Since I bought the last one I've got to pick up a second Compact Carry and have a Langdon hammer installed. Fastest 1000 rounds I've been through and after years of using Glocks I shoot this thing Way better!
    Thanks for sharing your story and I am really glad to hear you like your MOD 5.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Well, my better half, Spencer Keepers and I all shot our Robar/Langdon Mod 5 PX4CC's at a super gamer steel match today. We all did really well for our own abilities. Spencer absolutely crushed the Texas Star stage and I saw nobody, including the open class guns and shooters best his time. Kind of nice going out with our daily carry guns and being competitive with the compensated and red dot sighted open guns out of non functional speed rigs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-24-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Well, my better half, Spencer Keepers and I all shot our Robar/Langdon Mod 5 PX4CC's at a super gamer steel match today. We all did really well for our own abilities. Spencer absolutely crushed the Texas Star stage and I saw nobody, including the open class guns and shooters best his time. Kind of nice going out with our daily carry guns and being competitive with the compensated and red dot sighted open guns out of non functional speed rigs.
    Good to hear - DB - now you need to get your lady friend a Beretta hat!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    More pictures of GF, not so many more of DB and SK needed.

Darryl, if you want real fun, you need to go to a USPSA match.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    As soon as we get free Beretta hats... I don't pay for gun company hats at this point😎.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    More pictures of GF, not so many more of DB and SK needed.

Darryl, if you want real fun, you need to go to a USPSA match.
    Yea, the large bearded mammals were a picture distraction. She had a great time and has only been shooting a pistol a few months and did really good. First time she ever shot multiple targets. She is super athletic, so she should take to this well. She didn't miss much and should get good at this quickly. We will likely keep doing matches with our carry guns.
    Kind of funny watching Spencer shoot from a 3:00 OWB I lent him. He would have been much faster from one of his AIWB holsters.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Alright! I tried to search all over this thread, and use the search function for the forum, but no success. I have a Beretta Competition trigger group on the way, and I'm wondering if it makes much of a difference. I installed the Beretta D spring, and low profile levers. I also converted to decocker only. I hate to wait for stuff in the mail, so I'd be grateful for anyone's input. Also, this is one of my carry guns, but I do appreciate fine triggers, so would have the competition trigger group benefit from further tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Alright! I tried to search all over this thread, and use the search function for the forum, but no success. I have a Beretta Competition trigger group on the way, and I'm wondering if it makes much of a difference. I installed the Beretta D spring, and low profile levers. I also converted to decocker only. I hate to wait for stuff in the mail, so I'd be grateful for anyone's input. Also, this is one of my carry guns, but I do appreciate fine triggers, so would have the competition trigger group benefit from further tuning?
    Add a Wilson 12# spring and shoot it. The single action on my competition group is at 3# with a rolling break, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I think I asked about this in the PX4 underrated is an understatement thread and IIRC I got one response that said it wasn't a huge difference but I don't remember. Personally my PX4 compact came with an impressive DA trigger out of the box and a Wilson 12# spring made it very nice and plenty good enough for me. Ernest Langdon posted a video about polishing the ends of the springs to slightly improve the DA pull so I'll have to give that a try. I would say since you already bought the parts put them in (might as well go watch EL's video on polishing hammer springs and do that while you have it out) and get good with the DA pull and the DA-to-SA transition before trying to do anything else. Factory guns even with heavy stock triggers can be run just fine and I think we all (myself very much included) need to try harder to become proficient with stock guns before getting too deep into modding them.

User Tag List