Page 249 of 431 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I've got JM and DSG for basically all of my stuff I think DSG was 2-4 last I checked. I definitely love JM's and Tom's stuff. I've been meaning to check out MM but I don't have stealth leavers on my gun and have zero interest in dropping more coin on the gun untill I ring it out and make sure I want to shoot it for a while. Or invest in a mod4 or 5. Any site supporters with shorter lead or quick ship? I'd like to support someone here on this forum before I look else where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-17-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I've got JM and DSG for basically all of my stuff I think DSG was 2-4 last I checked. I definitely love JM's and Tom's stuff. I've been meaning to check out MM but I don't have stealth leavers on my gun and have zero interest in dropping more coin on the gun untill I ring it out and make sure I want to shoot it for a while. Or invest in a mod4 or 5. Any site supporters with shorter lead or quick ship? I'd like to support someone here on this forum before I look else where.
    I got mine from [site supporter] Mastermind Tactics. Don't know their lead time currently but mine shipped the day after I ordered it.

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you already looked into them! Sorry. I thought he offered support for the regular PX4C in addition to the CC, would be worth asking
    Last edited by ReverendMeat; 07-18-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Just sent a pm. Doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks. So far the guns trigger feels pretty good for all stock. I see what GJM was saying about the HK's DA\SA not holding a candle to the Beretta's, CZ's.

For anyone who has a steel trigger in their gun is there any difference in feel vs the polymer/plastic trigger? Just curious.

Just sent a pm. Doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks. So far the guns trigger feels pretty good for all stock. I see what GJM was saying about the HK's DA\SA not holding a candle to the Beretta's, CZ's.

For anyone who has a steel trigger in their gun is there any difference in feel vs the polymer/plastic trigger? Just curious.

I'm never too excited about a plastic trigger, so I put a magnet against my PX4's "plastic" trigger, and there's plenty of steel in that trigger. ;-)

Site Supporter

Yes the steel trigger has a different feel. I liked it better until a discussion about the trigger led to me finding out it isn't made by Beretta. Top that off with anecdotes of it breaking, I will leave it on my practice gun for now, but my Compact Carry will stay with stock trigger.

Compared to the steel trigger, to me the stock trigger has to flex a bit to complete trigger stroke. It is minimal though.

My CC did 800+ rounds during the LTT two-day course in June.

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Anyway I just decided to send both (mine and my wife's) CC's to Robar and get the full trigger job done by Ernest !
    Last edited by sepa; 07-18-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Ordered a MOD 0 in Sunday, should have been at the LGS today but for whatever reason UPS hasn't picked it up from the distributor yet. I also have #12 WC springs and spurless hammers on the way.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Ordered a MOD 0 in Sunday, should have been at the LGS today but for whatever reason UPS hasn't picked it up from the distributor yet. I also have #12 WC springs and spurless hammers on the way.

Mike
    Excellent choice!! The PX4 Compact and CCarry are great platforms, the word is out on these now. They were a "hidden gem" a few years back.

Added the Wilson Combat trigger, feels pretty good. DA pull is a tad heavier but smooth. SA pull has a more definitive "wall" before the break. Haven't got to the range yet with it.

Just picked up my MOD 0 and a couple of things stand out straight away.

1. The grip might as well be made of ice and covered in lard. Once I'm finished with this post I'm breaking the burner out.

2. Mags are tough to load and the back corners of the base pad are tearing my hands up. I will knock those down a bit a see where were at.

3. The different backstops don't seem to provide more real-estate on the grip but do adjust LOP

4. I am going to have to work a reloads to prevent from getting a blood blister. I don't remember the grip being so short, just something I will need to work through.

5. Almost 100% sure hammer bite is in my future, glad I have some hammers on the way.

All and all I think Ernest did an outstanding job on this project and I am really excited to get it out to the range.

Name:  IMG_0886.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0887.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  36.0 KB

Mike

User Tag List