Page 246 of 431 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Ok. I need sights for my PX4 Compact. Are the sights that come stock with the Compact Carry the best bet? I'd prefer a bright front FO, with small rear dots, like a Trijicon HD, but from what I've read they aren't very accurate on this pistol. TIA!

Vending Machine Operator
    I feel like issuing a mea culpa in this thread because I've been such an ardent supporter of this project:

I do not yet own a Langdon PX4CC, because my gun store guy offered me a new in box PX4C, G-Type, for $400 out the door, new in box. Could not say no. Was also a cheap way to see if I like it as much as the fullsize.

Once I have a little more scratch together my stock PX4C-G will get to be a gift gun for someone I like a lot and my version will be the proper high speed Langdon/Robar one.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Once I have a little more scratch together my stock PX4C-G will get to be a gift gun for someone I like a lot and my version will be the proper high speed Langdon/Robar one.
    Buddy, pal. We should hang out more...

Kind of funny on the last two posts. These guns happened because I sort of fell into a couple stock factory PX4CC guns. I never even took delivery of them. They went straight from my FFL to Robar. I used them as a base to do something just a little different and personalized in order to optimize the guns for what my GF and I would be doing with them. The one issue I found carrying a Mod 4 gun almost exclusively for several months was that I like the stealth lever for daily deep concealment AIWB carry, but not for spending days on a range with. Coming off of spending most of my adult life with a DA/SA gun with literally in the neighborhood of 600,000 rounds through DA/SA guns, "de-cocking" is a Hardwired sub conscious thing for me. For the girlfriend who is fairly new to serious pistol work, and totally new to DA/SA, de-cocking is all new. The stealth lever for her was tough. Ernest was kind enough to basically make our guns with the same lever he made for his better half. With that said, my new better half would not give her PX4CC up for anything and loves the gun for fit, function, ease of chambering and slide manipulations, and a usable size for both Concealed daily carry and home defense and general shooting. She is currently in California, and the Beretta 10 round magazines have been flawless. I will be delivering the new tan gun to her next week and recovering my spare grey cerakote gun. She is really excited about having the levers that are easier to operate for a DA/SA novice.
    Again, thanks to both Ernest and Freddie Blish and the Robar crew for takin a great gun and making it exceptional and totally tailored to the end users needs. Hopefully, Beretta will really listen to Ernest. These guns have a huge potential if sold and marketed right. I actually volunteered to do a PX4CC training seminar for the Beretta Gallery here in Dallas just to show folks the benefits to the gun nobody really knows about, or that get often looked over.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-13-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

You People are going to make me buy one of these....

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    You People are going to make me buy one of these....
    If I can get sucked in.....anyone can. It only hurts for a minute and then it is all good.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I bought one for myself, and my wife wants to shoot it constantly at the range. You have to understand that my wife loves 1911 pistols more than she loves me, and her carry gun is a 1911. She hasn't shot her 1911 since I bought the PX4 Compact.....

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I bought one for myself, and my wife wants to shoot it constantly at the range. You have to understand that my wife loves 1911 pistols more than she loves me, and her carry gun is a 1911. She hasn't shot her 1911 since I bought the PX4 Compact.....
    That was what happened to me as well. New GF tried the PX4CC on my trip to see her. Her M&P 9mm was reduced to junk status and I flew home to Dallas minus a PX4CC. She has been shooting it twice a week since I left.

You guys don't make it easy on a fella. Once my personal life settles down. (Ending a 30 year marrage and moving out of NJ into PA) my first gun purchase in free America was going to be a PX4 Fullsize to get back into the DA/SA life style. The more I read this thread I get to wondering if the compact might not be a better choice. Decisions Decisions.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    You guys don't make it easy on a fella. Once my personal life settles down. (Ending a 30 year marrage and moving out of NJ into PA) my first gun purchase in free America was going to be a PX4 Fullsize to get back into the DA/SA life style. The more I read this thread I get to wondering if the compact might not be a better choice. Decisions Decisions.
    I live in PA, and our local range is filled with people renting pistols from the People's Republic of New Jersey. If you're near Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, PA, they rent PX4's, and also sell them.

User Tag List