Page 238 of 431 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Well, I feel like an ASS! Just went to the Beretta Forum to PM WAL and found out he sent me a PM a long time ago. Which I had not responded to

Not making excuses, but between two forums, two email addresses, IG, FB and website questions, I am doing a really poor job of keeping up with all this!
    Check your settings over there. Most forums, allow a pm to send you a email, when you get one if that helps. I was one who sent a pm on the slide release.
    Appreciate what you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This forum officially doesn't mind and thinks it's beyond silly to not allow people to refer to other forums by name or to disallow links to other forums.
    Thank you for this. Now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Hi Guys,
    The rear sight Beretta sent me arrived yesterday, and I had to cut the factory installed sight out: it bent my sight press! A dremel tool made quick work, but I didn't go all the way through. Just cutting across and front to back relieved the pressure enough to easily punch it out. I filed the new sight so that an 8 ton press wasn't necessary. I installed it left to right, and I'm certain that's how it goes in, as the right side is very tight.

So my next question is the stealth safety levers. Rick-ICT linked levers on Beretta's website, but the picture doesn't look like the nearly flush stealth levers. Somewhere on the internet, someone (or two) said that they finally just ordered them from Italy. Does anyone have any idea who would sell the safety levers in Italy? I can grind down the stock levers, but then I'd have to blue them. TIA!

Edit: Sorry for all the pics, but I can't figure out how to delete them....

The set I linked to are definitely the low-pro levers, it's what I put on my pistol which you can see pictures of somewhere in this thread about a year (or more) back. Unfortunately, the only option in stock right now includes the low-pro left-side-only slide stop lever, which you could opt not to install but it sucks to pay for it if you don't want it.

However, Mr. Langdon has recently mentioned sitting down with an engineer from Beretta and discussing a better low-pro de-cocking lever which is still virtually flush but much easier to actuate. He even mentioned that they had already prototyped it. While I agree that the default levers are hideous (no offense intended to those who disagree), you might consider waiting a while before replacing your factory levers because the current "stealth" levers are difficult to actuate. If an easier to actuate lever is released, I will (try to) be first in line to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post
    The set I linked to are definitely the low-pro levers, it's what I put on my pistol which you can see pictures of somewhere in this thread about a year (or more) back. Unfortunately, the only option in stock right now includes the low-pro left-side-only slide stop lever, which you could opt not to install but it sucks to pay for it if you don't want it.

However, Mr. Langdon has recently mentioned sitting down with an engineer from Beretta and discussing a better low-pro de-cocking lever which is still virtually flush but much easier to actuate. He even mentioned that they had already prototyped it. While I agree that the default levers are hideous (no offense intended to those who disagree), you might consider waiting a while before replacing your factory levers because the current "stealth" levers are difficult to actuate. If an easier to actuate lever is released, I will (try to) be first in line to buy it.
    Thanks again, Rick. I think I'll probably just buy the kit you linked, and take a look at Ernest Langdon's levers when they come out. I have superhuman hand strength...lol!
    The PX4 performed great yesterday, and I was able to hit an 8" shoot and see target 5 out of ten times. The other 5 shots landed left, just shy of the target, and that's as close as I need. My wife couldn't stop,shooting it....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post

I want a low profile decocker lever for the 92 series, it is honestly the thing that bothers me the most on those guns

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I want a low profile decocker lever for the 92 series, it is honestly the thing that bothers me the most on those guns
    Wilson single sided lever?

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...oductinfo/636/

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Not uspsa legal
    Also I would not mind a right side, it is the left aide that bothers me
    This looks to be decent though, I feel like I looked at it before but declined due to uspsa legality

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Not uspsa legal
    Probably a key point left out of your earlier post.

I don't know the USPSA rules, but if the Wilson lever is illegal, I'd suspect anything that is not stock, at least on some factory model, would also be illegal, correct?

I don't see low profile levers on any stock Beretta 92 models.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Oh man! That would be great if it works. I ordered the Beretta low profile kit Rick-ICT recommended, but if the Wilson lever reaches through to the right side and doesn't leave a hole, I'll call them tomorrow.
    Ernest Langdon with the Wilson lever:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZw3hzUSaE
    Last edited by FrankB; 06-25-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Oh man! That would be great if it works. I ordered the Beretta low profile kit Rick-ICT recommended, but if the Wilson lever reaches through to the right side and doesn't leave a hole, I'll call them tomorrow.
    Ernest Langdon with the Wilson lever:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZw3hzUSaE

I'm so confused...

Frank, the Wilson lever JTQ and pastaslinger are for the Beretta 92 series pistols. Those are a different pistol than the PX4 that you posted pictures of a few posts back and those levers wouldn't work on your PX4. Beretta does offer "92 series style" levers for the PX4 which look similar to the factory stock levers on the 92 series. I tried them on my PX4 because I hated the originals, and found the stealth levers difficult to actuate. But, I was amazed to discover that while they look much, much better on the PX4 than the original PX4 levers, they are actually slightly wider (if you can believe it). This defeated my purposes for AIWB carry.

As far as the "hole", I think you misunderstood my earlier post. The stealth de-cocking levers are ambidextrous, matching on both sides of the slide and leave no holes. It is the stealth slide release which eliminates the right side lever to slim down the gun and leaves the hole for the right lever open in the side of the frame. You indicated you didn't intend to swap out the slide release levers, which in my opinion negates a lot of the usefulness of the stealth de-cockers by keeping the pistol pretty wide, but if you don't swap the slide release levers you won't have any hole to worry about.

Hope I haven't misunderstood you, when I first read the quoted post I thought maybe you had a 92 series pistol and I had led you astray, but I went back and looked at your pictures and you definitely have a PX4!

Doesn't it get confusing? Lol
    I ordered the stealth safety levers, and the left side stealth slide release. I ordered the plug for the slide release from Midwest Guns, or Guns Midwest, or something like that. It was $7, and Brownell's always takes forever with my orders.

User Tag List