Page 236 of 431 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Question for the experts here...has anyone tried swapping the barrel from a 40cal Compact to a 9mm barrel? I've only been able to find a 40cal Compact but I've had issues with 40cal before in other guns (nerve/tendon issue)
    Definitely not an expert here, but I have just been playing catch-up with this thread so this is fresh in my mind. Someone did this swap many pages back, you may be able to find it by searching this thread (EDIT: see link below). The bottom line was that a .40 pistol with a 9mm magazine and barrel swap worked fine, because basically in the Compact the 9mm and .40 barrels are the same outside dimension but with a different bore. However, the opposite swap of putting a .40 barrel into a 9mm gun would not work because a .40 case is too wide for the machined slot in the 9mm slide face. At least that is my recollection of my understanding of the discussion.

However, unless you just mean you can't find a 9mm locally, I don't think they are that hard to get a hold of right now online. There have been a few really good deals posted in the last few pages.

Hope this helps, and please go back and read those posts rather than taking my recollection as gospel.

EDIT: It was user JBColo, and the discussion started here.
    Last edited by Rick_ICT; 06-21-2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added link to discussion

I decided to pass on the used Type C I found. Instead I managed to find a new Compact Carry at an absolute steal so I grabbed that instead. Picked it up today and I can't wait to get more familiar with the platform. I have taken some time off from shooting da/sa guns so hopefully all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post
    Best of luck on the rear sight drifting, my PX4 is the only Beretta handgun I have so I don't know my experience was typical of them. I bought mine right after this thread started, and was not overly impressed with the factory three dot sights, so I purchased Trijicon HD's for it (this was long before the Ameriglos were even mentioned). I've installed them on other pistols with nothing more than a vice, hammer, and brass drift; but when I tried the same on the Beretta I couldn't get the factory sights to budge! I finally became convinced I was going to have a major "Oh, Sh_t!" moment if I kept trying, so I wound up biting the bullet and buying a MGW Sight Pro which handled the task without issue (I've always wanted one and finally had my excuse ). If you purchased the gun from a local dealer, you might try taking it back to them and showing them the rear sight not centered in the dovetail - they might do you a solid and have their gunsmith line it up for you with their sight tool. Or maybe yours won't seem to be welded in place and you will be able to tap it right where you want it.
    Hi Rick,
    Well.... I beat the snot out of the factory sight, and called Beretta today. The guy I spoke to is sending me another sight at no charge, so that warms my heart. I'm just going to cut the original sight out, and file the new one so that a human can press it into place. I reordered the Wilson #12 spring, after playing with a Sig Legion today. The good news is I'm getting used to the PX4, and managed to hit 6 out of 10 shooting at an 8" target at 25 yards today. My summer carry is an M&P 9C with a Foxx IWB holster, but yesterday and today it's been the Beretta in a Foxx IWB holster (single clip).
    https://youtu.be/0UtcMUISWJ4
    If you go to YouTube, you can see my WAY too large gun collection. My channel is Frank Butta.
    Last edited by FrankB; 06-21-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Definitely not an expert here...

Thanks for the link. I thought I'd seen that post but didn't go back far enough.
    The problem is that the PX4 is not Mass Compliant so I can't get one through a dealer. The only private sale PX4 (Full, Compact, or Subcompact) I've found is the 40cal.

Thanks
    Last edited by alohadoug; 06-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks for the link. I thought I'd seen that post but didn't go back far enough.
    The problem is that the PX4 is not Mass Compliant so I can't get one through a dealer. The only private sale PX4 (Full, Compact, or Subcompact) I've found is the 40cal.

Thanks
    Being a Californian refugee, I do not miss the days in which I had to consult their "Safe Handgun Roster." I wish you luck in finding what you want and hopefully it doesn't run you a premium.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 06-22-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Being a Californian refugee, I do not miss the days in which I had to consult their "Safe Handgun Roster." I wish you luck in finding what you want and hopefully it doesn't run you a premium.
    But of course it will...Heck Glocks can fetch a couple hundred dollars above MSRP around here...

But of course it will...Heck Glocks can fetch a couple hundred dollars above MSRP around here...
    It was always hard to run down that special snow flake in California. Glock 43 pistols were selling for 1000 dollars in minutes on message boards and, because such sales must be conducted face to face at an FFL and are subject to the same 10 day wait as a new gun sale, I saw a guy drive from Monterey to San Diego(440 miles one way) twice to pick up a Walther PPK/S.

Back on topic:

I must say that the mags that came with the gun are the hardest to load out of all the autos I have had over the years. It was the first time I dug the box back out to see if there was an easy loader in there. Hopefully it gets a little easier over time. I might seek out some Robar modified mags or set out to do the modification myself.

Hi All,
    I can't find the stealth levers anywhere, so I'm thinking about grinding and refinishing the large safety levers. Does anyone know where I can find the stealth levers?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Hi All,
    I can't find the stealth levers anywhere, so I'm thinking about grinding and refinishing the large safety levers. Does anyone know where I can find the stealth levers?

The Beretta website sells them for $45.00 (de-cocking levers only), but they are out of stock. Brownell's, for some reason, gets $64.00 for the same and are also out of stock. However, if you want the stealth de-cocking levers and the low profile slide release (I highly recommend it) Beretta has them in stock now for $74.00 right here. Now, the low profile slide release is left-side only and deletes the right side lever altogether, so you will need one of these plugs to fill the hole in the right side of the frame. Yes, nearly $11.00 for a tiny peice of plastic is beyond ridiculous but I don't know where else you can get them, because even Beretta doesn't sell them. I suggest if you go that route that you put a tiny dot of glue on the inside lip of the plug before installing it, because I've read of them backing out and disappearing. It's an expensive bit of plastic to lose.

Thanks
    Ah, bummer. Well, it looks like converting it would work but the barrel and mags would certainly add mightily to the cost. Hopefully you can spot a 9mm soon! Good Luck.
    Last edited by Rick_ICT; 06-22-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Definitely not an expert here, but I have just been playing catch-up with this thread so this is fresh in my mind. Someone did this swap many pages back, you may be able to find it by searching this thread (EDIT: see link below). The bottom line was that a .40 pistol with a 9mm magazine and barrel swap worked fine, because basically in the Compact the 9mm and .40 barrels are the same outside dimension but with a different bore. However, the opposite swap of putting a .40 barrel into a 9mm gun would not work because a .40 case is too wide for the machined slot in the 9mm slide face. At least that is my recollection of my understanding of the discussion.

However, unless you just mean you can't find a 9mm locally, I don't think they are that hard to get a hold of right now online. There have been a few really good deals posted in the last few pages.

Hope this helps, and please go back and read those posts rather than taking my recollection as gospel.

This is correct, the issue is the breach face and the .40 caliber case.

Now if someone would (maybe Beretta) would make a 9mm conversion barrel for the full-size .40? That would give you a .40 caliber OD barrel with a 9mm hole, basically giving you a heavier barrel and a little more weight on the nose of the gun. Lots of used .40s out there to try this on, just need someone to make a barrel.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List