Page 218 of 431 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I just use my strong hand thumb. Reach up and decock. Others use their support hand thumb to decock. Make sure you grab the top ledge of the lever; if I try to just use the flat side of the lever my thumb will slip off.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    What's the best option for running the decocker on these? I've been playing with it dry and haven't found a comfortable or easy way to work the lever. I thought I had read something about it on here but couldn't find anything.
    Here is what Mr. Langdon wrote: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post586797

I find it a challenge to run the provided levers consistently due to my short thumbs. I have not yet tried all of Mr. Langdon's suggestions, but I am leaning towards running the gun as a DAO by removing the sear. I have tried using the weak hand to de-cock and that does work really well now that I use the top edge as suggested. I still am trying to find a way to run the gun one-handed. Since I already am a LEM user, DAO makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Here is what Mr. Langdon wrote: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post586797

I find it a challenge to run the provided levers consistently due to my short thumbs. I have not yet tried all of Mr. Langdon's suggestions, but I am leaning towards running the gun as a DAO by removing the sear. I have tried using the weak hand to de-cock and that does work really well now that I use the top edge as suggested. I still am trying to find a way to run the gun one-handed. Since I already am a LEM user, DAO makes sense to me.
    Thanks that was the post I was thinking of.

With normal firing grip I can't reach the decocking lever with either thumb. I can break my grip and get it, I'll have to keep playing with it. Keep us advised of you swap anything out.

Thanks that was the post I was thinking of.

With normal firing grip I can't reach the decocking lever with either thumb. I can break my grip and get it, I'll have to keep playing with it. Keep us advised of you swap anything out.
    If you're at a defcon level that does not allow you to break your grip and quickly re-grip, do you really need to decock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOJyVpvEJww

About 1:20 and 2:20 he uses a support hand technique that I've used for years. Sometimes I come from above rather than from behind the slide, but the principle is the same.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I attended the NRA Annual Meeting this week in Atlanta. The Beretta booth was proudly displaying both a "standard" PX4 CC and one of the Robar versions with bobbed hammer (Mod 4, I think). Also had the privilege of meeting Ernest while there; a real gentleman. My hope for future guns in the line: a full-size PX4 in .45 ACP done up exactly like the PX4 CC!

I confirmed at the range last night that the Compact model's 40SW and 9mm barrels are interchangeable, provided you have the proper magazines for each. The barrel bores are the only difference from what I can tell. The frames and locking blocks are identical. I used the 40SW spring/guide rod with the 9mm barrel without issue on CCI Blazer Brass 124gr.

Also have used the Stainless Steel Guide Rods unit mentioned earlier (now available on Amazon.com) and it functions fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JBColo View Post
    I confirmed at the range last night that the Compact model's 40SW and 9mm barrels are interchangeable, provided you have the proper magazines for each. The barrel bores are the only difference from what I can tell. The frames and locking blocks are identical. I used the 40SW spring/guide rod with the 9mm barrel without issue on CCI Blazer Brass 124gr.

Also have used the Stainless Steel Guide Rods unit mentioned earlier (now available on Amazon.com) and it functions fine.
    Wow. I wouldn't have thought this but then I am very new to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by JBColo View Post

You would know as you have tried this and it worked. I would think you would need to start with a .40 caliber gun to do this swap. I would think 1mm smaller breach face on the 9mm slide would cause issues when dropping in a .40 caliber barrel. The reverse would not be the case and likely the 9mm barrel would work fine in a .40 caliber slide.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

What's the best option for running the decocker on these? I've been playing with it dry and haven't found a comfortable or easy way to work the lever. I thought I had read something about it on here but couldn't find anything.
    I have arthritic thumbs & found the stealth levers tough work & the standard levers too pointy. I'm a righty, so I'm running the 92 lever on the LH side with the stealth lever on the RH side. I can use the stealth lever in a left-handed emergency, but the 92 lever is so much easier on me for the bulk of the decocking work than the other 2 styles.

User Tag List