Page 206 of 431 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Sights are available from Beretta for $109 although I got mine directly from Ameriglo for $96 all in - http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-...ct-cc/eu00065/
    Last edited by LTC77406; 04-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    Sights are available from Beretta for $109 although I got mine directly from Ameriglo for $96 all in - http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-...ct-cc/eu00065/
    I saw them there but it did not designate which size they were for - I thought the sights for the CC didn't fit the FS without some filing. No distinction made at berettausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    I saw them there but it did not designate which size they were for - I thought the sights for the CC didn't fit the FS without some filing. No distinction made at berettausa.com
    Yes, the way it is put on their website is ambiguous. It does say in the description that it was designed for the compact carry but the "headline" is kind of misleading. I have the sights on my full sized with no filing and it doesn't bother me one bit. It may be 3/32" on either side.
    Name:  IMG_2952.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  37.8 KB

I'm very interested in purchasing a Compact Carry model. I have a lot of time behind a P229 9mm and shoot full size Beretta 92's often.
    Do any of you guys have time on the 229? If so how does it compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello to all... I have a lil dilemma hoping members can chime in and maybe direct me to a fix. I will be looking myself, figure I would post here first.

I purchased the PX4 CC a month ago and have about 500 rds thru it, I love this gun. Here is my issue...I just picked up a new kydex holster and was practice drawing( empty gun) from appendix. Thats when I noticed the slide started to come off the rail. I was a lil shocked. Turns out the take down lever on the left side will go down and stay there without pressing the right side take down lever. When I go to push the left side lever up , the slide comes forward and Im able to remove the slide. So I put the gun back together and tested the right side take down lever, the lever does not stay down and pops back up without any help. The slide stays on the gun. So any idea whats up?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sweeper13; 04-08-2017 at 06:21 PM.

As I learned, the PX4 pistols field strip differently than Glock pistols. Unlike the Glock, the slide lock levers do not spring up when released. If one is depressed, it will stay in the down position. If the other lever is depressed, then the upper will move forward a bit and the upper can be removed from the frame.

I wonder if your holster is depressing one or both of the levers, allowing the upper to be decoupled from the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    I'm very interested in purchasing a Compact Carry model. I have a lot of time behind a P229 9mm and shoot full size Beretta 92's often.
    Do any of you guys have time on the 229? If so how does it compare?

I have a 229. I also have the mod4 so i don't know about a stock cc. The mod4 is the smoothest gun I have ever fired. The DA is so smooth. The ergos are okay for me. I didn't know what "shooting flat" really meant until I find this gun.

The 229 had such a heavy da pull in comparison, I ended up putting in 19# spring and SRT Kit which smoothed out the DA pull. The reset is also amazingly short. But I don't hold the cc reset against it, as it's not supposed to be a race gun). The E2 grips fit me a lot better. It's too big for me as a EDC. The px4 is a bit smaller and more comfortable as ab EDC, though I've gone to a p30sk more often.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the px4, because it's almost 50% less, which means you can get a 2nd gun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    As I learned, the PX4 pistols field strip differently than Glock pistols. Unlike the Glock, the slide lock levers do not spring up when released. If one is depressed, it will stay in the down position. If the other lever is depressed, then the upper will move forward a bit and the upper can be removed from the frame.

I wonder if your holster is depressing one or both of the levers, allowing the upper to be decoupled from the frame.
    Yup, the holster is depressing it, not sure if its one or both. When I take the slide off, both levers will go up and down, the left side doesn't stay down. Once I put the slide on it locks in the down position like before. I just talked to a buddy with a PX4 in 40, his levers dont stay down they both spring up. Thanks for the info Farscott.
    Last edited by Sweeper13; 04-08-2017 at 07:18 PM.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Okay shake down run today. Shot a few types of ammo. Fte at around round 90. But it was from the winchester forged steel cased stuff. Not a fan but it was cheap and wanted to try. I have a lot of poly performance wolf left. And it is definitely more consistent. The winchester felt almost like it was loaded inconsistent. Ran perfect with federal and the range ammo I had.

Amazed at how well I shot it. It is a tack driver. From the first da pull I was right on. Only gripe is I wish the reset was shorter. The few times I tried slow fire I short stroked her. I will get used to it, just my only complaint. I am running the small strap so i could not put the talons on. Needs em bad. Sights were #2 sight picture for me. Love them, they are fast and have enough light for accuracy. But man it shoots flat. No joke. I am very very happy with the purchase. I took it out to around 15 yards. That was what the post card is in the pic. Most everything else was semi rapid fire. Excited to run some good ammo through her and for my holster to get here.

Mine is the base compact carry with the wilson 12# spring and the trigger is perfect.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 04-08-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Can I ask a couple of Beretta noob questions?

Would the Compact Carry be suitable for a novice to take to a 2 day training class where the round count is in the 800-1000 range?
    Given it is g19 size, and what I have read so far (I am up to page 33 of this thread), I am assuming the answer is yes, but wanted to double check.

The current pricing is as low as $700, but typically ~$800 online and I assume the LGS's. Is that normal for the CC, or is there currently a shortage of them?

Last question: Any reason to read through the remaining 175 pages?

Mr Langdon: Thanks for getting the CC created, and all your great videos. Highly appreciated.

User Tag List