Page 18 of 431 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Picked mine up today. Curious to see what how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Where is lubrication/cleaning within all those rounds? Are these all with just the initial lubrication. I know you were talking about going a while without lube, but I think I lost track if you actually lubed/cleaned the guns anywhere along the way.
    I think a light a wipedown and more Lucas Gun oil every 2k rounds roughly, is what Ernest told me today.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Where is lubrication/cleaning within all those rounds? Are these all with just the initial lubrication. I know you were talking about going a while without lube, but I think I lost track if you actually lubed/cleaned the guns anywhere along the way.
    Yup, what LittleLebowski said, Gun #2 has been light cleaned twice and not for about 2K now. Gun #1 has been cleaned three times total. Both guns pass the 2,000 round test with no issues. I have been using the Lucas Gun Lube, mainly because someone gave me a bottle, so it was free. Any good lube should work I would think.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

This gun is at the top of the list of Berettas at Buds. Wonder if it due to this thread? Also great blurb about the gun on the Buds site claims the gun will easily go 100K rounds with no parts breakage!��

Just another quick update for people that are following my progress here. As of today I have 5,586 rounds through gun #2. So far it is still 100% and running strong. Not a single stoppage of any type.

I have struggled with the HD sights some as the Front Sight is so large it makes it hard to be precise at speed on smaller targets. But that has nothing to do with the gun really. I would like the front sight to be a little thinner and believe that would help the shootablity of the gun quite a bit.

Today I also took the trigger work just a little farther. I took a Wilson Combat 12 lb chrome silicon spring for a 92 and cut almost 3 coils off of it. That spring is a little longer than the standard hammer spring that comes in the PX4. So I basically cut it down to almost the same length as the factory spring. The DA is now well under 6 lbs and I shot 350 rounds through it today with both Federal Primers and factory Winchester ammo. No issues at all and I am really happy with the feel of the DA.

So far so good!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Ernest, is the issue that the HD sights are regulated for drive the dot, and the large front sight covers your spot on the target? If so, if you shaved the front sight down to just above the top of the orange ring, would that give you another 10 or 15/1000 and allow you to use tip of the front sight, so you are not obscuring the target?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Point of impact is not an issue for me with 147 grain bullets. Past 10 yards the gun hits where it is supposed to hit or close enough. It shoots to the dot at 5 yards when shooting 2" dots, but I find almost everything does that when you are that close and have taller sights.

I really think it is an issue of the size of the front sight and the rear notch. There is very little light gap with that combo, and I have a mid focus for a lot of my shooting at speed. I mean I look through the sights, but my focus is somewhere between the front sight and the target. Because of this I am not seeing the imperfections in sight alignment that I would see with more light gap. Which means I am not making the auto corrections that I would normally make. I have thinned down the front sight by a little over .10" and that seems to have helped quit a bit.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have struggled with the HD sights some as the Front Sight is so large it makes it hard to be precise at speed on smaller targets.
    Were the stock sights useful?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    No experience with the compact, but I shot the fullsize on a few different occasions for a few hundred rounds. I always thought it was a very nice pistol and a fine choice, if one keeps on top of keeping it cleaned and lubed.

I believe one of the reasons that it's reputation suffers is from Todd's stories of Canadian cops showing up to a class with mallets because it would predictably lock up around 300 rounds. IIRC, there's more than one PD who has noted this issue with the PX4.
    What's different about the Compact that it seems to run reliably? Isn't it the same rotating barrel lockup as the full size?

Said another way, whatever the issues were with the full size are they now fixed then?
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 08-25-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Today I also took the trigger work just a little farther. I took a Wilson Combat 12 lb chrome silicon spring for a 92 and cut almost 3 coils off of it. That spring is a little longer than the standard hammer spring that comes in the PX4. So I basically cut it down to almost the same length as the factory spring. The DA is now well under 6 lbs and I shot 350 rounds through it today with both Federal Primers and factory Winchester ammo. No issues at all and I am really happy with the feel of the DA.

So far so good!
    Question- How does the Cougar D spring compare to the 12lb chrome silicon spring? Are they equivalent? I currently have a Cougar D spring in my PX4, but I did order a 12lb chrome silicon spring. Haven't installed it yet, and was wondering if there is a difference.

User Tag List