Page 17 of 431 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

"tinkerer" should be, or likely is, your middle name
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I keep forgetting to post information about weight. I put several guns on the scale to see how things added up. Here is what I got on my postal scale, empty gun with no magazine;

Glock 19 = 24.2 Oz
    Px4 Compact = 26.8 Oz
    92 Compact = 31.5 Oz
    Sig 229 (Non rail .357) = 29.8 Oz
    M9A1 = 35.3 Oz

Just some points to note for those of you looking at weight as a consideration.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    "tinkerer" should be, or likely is, your middle name

Pot, meet Mr. Kettle….

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Pot, meet Mr. Kettle….

I think it is great what EL is doing with this project. The difference between Ernest and me, though, is he has the skills to do it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Lets see what they say next week. I think there are some really good ideas flowing at this point. The best way to do this is have Beretta Italy build the guns with all right parts already in place. That will keep the price at the right place to meet what I think the market would like and pay for.
    So how'd the conversation go?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    So how'd the conversation go?
    The conversation went really well. It is August and I think all of Italy is on vacation for the month. But we did make progress. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I think it might just end up being something that happens.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

To bring everyone up to speed here. Another 413 rounds through gun #2 today. All 147 grain FMJ reloads (Zero 147 with TiteGroup). Gun was flawless once again.

LittleLebowski also shot 270 rounds through gun #1 today. He was shooting some commercial reloads of some type except for the two mags of carry ammo I gave him to shoot, 147 SXT, it was time to cycle it through those.

Yesterday I shot 433 rounds through gun #2 as well, also no issues.

That brings gun #1 to just over 4,500 rounds and gun #2 to 4,186 rounds. Not bad, as the only stoppage I have had so far was a FTF on gun #1 with WinClean. The round went on the second strike and again I don't blame the gun. I have seen this a lot with WinClean and the lead free primers that come in them.

At this rate I will break 5k in gun #2 before the weekend is over.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-19-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Hi I have been following this thread for a couple weeks, since it was crossed posted on the beretta forum. Nice to see some PX4 love!
    I have the sub compact and full size. When I first got the full size it seemed more G19 size wise ( barrel lenth, width etc) the grip is longer but not by a whole lot. I wonder if it's possible to chop the grip on a full-size... Anyways I'm thinking of trading the SC for a compact now.
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 08-19-2015 at 07:33 PM.

I put 270 rounds through one of Langdon's PX4s today and compared it visually and during shooting with my G17 and G19.

The PX4 is the DA/SA equivalent of the G19. That's it, that's all she wrote. I put commercial reloads through it, SD ammo, some other stuff.

The gun is very easy to shoot. It carries extremely well, felt better than my G19. The controls just work. I want one. I have not shot anything but Glocks since 2007.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-19-2015 at 07:29 PM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

That brings gun #1 to just over 4,500 rounds and gun #2 to 4,186 rounds. Not bad, as the only stoppage I have had so far was a FTF on gun #1 with WinClean. The round went on the second strike and again I don't blame the gun. I have seen this a lot with WinClean and the lead free primers that come in them.

At this rate I will break 5k in gun #2 before the weekend is over.
    Where is lubrication/cleaning within all those rounds? Are these all with just the initial lubrication. I know you were talking about going a while without lube, but I think I lost track if you actually lubed/cleaned the guns anywhere along the way.

User Tag List