Page 135 of 431 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    If, by "this firearm" you mean the Compact model of the Beretta PX4 Storm, I've never used a ten round magazine since their standard magazine holds 15 rounds, that's what I use (that, plus the fact I've got enough sense to not live in a 2A limiting location that imposes a 10 round magazine restriction). After firing a few thousand rounds now through my PX4 Compact, I've never experienced it "constantly" failing to eject or double feeds. I only use Beretta magazines since my life may depend on the pistol functioning properly.
    Are you implying that those born and raised in areas that heavily regulate the 2nd have bad sense? I managed to leave NY, but I have the good sense to realize not everyone can. That was poor taste and a cheap jab, sir.

I think magazines made to full capacity dimensions but with limited capacity can cause hiccups. I don't know if that is the case with the Px4, but I have seen it with Glock handguns. Hopefully someone who has used the 10 round magazines can chime in with better info about their reliability.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 01-14-2017 at 03:57 PM.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Don't tell me not everyone "can"; they may not 'want' to but the vast majority of those who would be concerned with a pistol magazine holding ten rounds rather than the 15 rounds it was designed for, certainly "could" IF they wanted to. If minors and juveniles from El Salvador and Honduras, that don't have two nickels to rub together can make it all the to the US, I feel quite certain a Beretta owner could depart California (or other locations) that would limit their Beretta pistols to a ten round magazine. I note the OP didn't mention his location but to have experienced "constant failures to eject or double feeds" tells me something was significantly wrong with the pistol or the ten round magazine. And I rather doubt it was the pistol - apparently, even the OP must think that or he wouldn't have immediately questioned the magazine he was using. I simply was recommending he try the 15-rd OEM magazine before making a judgement on the pistol itself. As far as being a cheap jab, that's your opinion... I make no apologies for my comment (and least of all, to a DY).

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Last edited by busykngt; 01-14-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Talking

This thread needs more MAG. 😜

Name:  IMG_0130.JPG
Views: 856
Size:  46.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Don't tell me not everyone "can"; they may not 'want' to but the vast majority of those who would be concerned with a pistol magazine holding ten rounds rather than the 15 rounds it was designed for, certainly "could" IF they wanted to. If minors and juveniles from El Salvador and Honduras, that don't have two nickels to rub together can make it all the to the US, I feel quite certain a Beretta owner could depart California (or other locations) that would limit their Beretta pistols to a ten round magazine. I note the OP didn't mention his location but to have experienced "constant failures to eject or double feeds" tells me something was significantly wrong with the pistol or the ten round magazine. And I rather doubt it was the pistol - apparently, even the OP must think that or he wouldn't have immediately questioned the magazine he was using. I simply was recommending he try the 15-rd OEM magazine before making a judgement on the pistol itself. As far as being a cheap jab, that's your opinion... I make no apologies for my comment (and least of all, to a DY).

Tell that to DocGKR whom lives behind enemy lines (California) and has an established practice that he'd have to uproot and start from scratch in a more 2A friendly environment. So, no, not everyone can "simply move" because they don't like the laws even though they may have the means.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

i'd guess a dirty mag. has happened to me. cleaned and lubed them, no more hiccups.

and i regularly load to 10 rounds in my 15 or 17 round Px4 mags for IDPA matches, and clean mags run just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    i'd guess a dirty mag. has happened to me. cleaned and lubed them, no more hiccups.

and i regularly load to 10 rounds in my 15 or 17 round Px4 mags for IDPA matches, and clean mags run just fine.
    Not sure ten rounds in a standard capacity is the same as ten rounds into a neutered one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The only issue I have had with factory full size 10 round mags is a stuck follower on one of the 5 mags I have. A fellow member recommended I degrease the mag and that has cured the problem. you can find more info in the full size thread.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Tell that to DocGKR whom lives behind enemy lines (California) and has an established practice that he'd have to uproot and start from scratch in a more 2A friendly environment. So, no, not everyone can "simply move" because they don't like the laws even though they may have the means.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Bingo. It is also a matter of priorities, and risk. There are many things one must prioritize in life and 2nd amendment gun laws can't fall at the top of that list for everyone. Some times family, bills, cost of moving, employment, and other things need to come first. That doesn't mean that a person thinks any less of the 2nd, merely that they have to be realistic.

Then of course, there are those area dick for the sake of being a dick. "Fuck everything else in your life. Move if it's that important, and your an idiot if you don't. In fact, your an idiot for starting life there in the first place." Pure class. And maybe I was born a damn yankee, but I was also not be a prick unless it was called for.

I've had some trouble (not a hell of a lot, but some) with Glock 17 ten round mags. I was getting the occasional double feed. Not often, but enough to be a pain in the ass. After a really good cleaning they started acting right again. Magazines do have a tendency to be the weak point in semi-auto pistols (in my experience. Yours may vary). So I think start with new magazines and then work from there. But if this is a constant thing, I think I would be looking for something else as the problem. I'm not a gunsmith or anything, so take my advice for what it is. Good luck.

I'm still more interested in the Langdon 92 than the custom carry honestly. Overall, I'm happy to see Beretta starting to listen to the customers via Mr. Langdon.

-Cory

I'll try not to be born in New York my next go around. I apologize that my unwillingness to abandon my friends and family for better pistol functionally offends your senseabilities. Perhaps one day I'll get my values straight.

Bit more detail on the issus I experienced. Was a px4 storm compact. Shot approximately 100 rounds. Half with Remington and half with federal ammo. Used two different ten round magazines. Could not get through a magazine without 1-2 issues. I've had issue with glock 19 ten round magazines, and the problems are well discussed. Was just curious if anyone else has seen similar problems. As the person working the range counted did not seem overly concerned, poor maintence of the pistol would not surprise me eithed

Think you answered your own question.

User Tag List