Page 12 of 431 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Today I put another 639 rounds through gun number 2. 500 of WinClean and the other 139 were my 147 reloads. That brings the total to just over 3k with no issues at all. Today the 639 rounds where fired in just under an hour and a half. Let's just say she got a little hot. Like, be careful where you touch the gun or it will blister you (not as bad as an M&P, some of you know what I am talking about).

So far so good. Hopefully I will hit 4K in this gun before the week is out.

Cheers
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Ernest, you going to bring out a "EL edition" PX4 Compact, with all the mods done, so folks don't have to chase all the bits and pieces? (Cougar hammer spring, mag release, slide stop, G with small levers, HD sights, and maybe some of the Italian swag) Oh, and a bottle of preferred lube.
    Last edited by GJM; 08-04-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Add lube
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

^^^ GJM brings up a good point. Ernest, what type of lube did you use on your PX4's?

I have to admit this thread has me considering a full size PX4. The full size models are prohibited up here without an aftermarket barrel to meet barrel length restrictions. They are available though.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 08-04-2015 at 10:12 PM.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    P. E. Kelley has a review on the Grand Power P45, another rotating barrel pistol https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Bullet-Blaster

He had some stoppages with the gun and at around the 9:50 mark into the video, he mentions the factory's solution to the problem was to lube the barrel where it contacts the breach face. Since most of us have little, if any, experience with pistols with a rotating barrel, I suspect most of us wouldn't think to lube the gun there, but it makes sense that it would need it. It even seems logical an otherwise properly lubed gun could even malfunction without lube there which would be unique to a rotating barreled gun.
    I have a GP6 9mm which is a previous model of the gun reviewed, if I am not mistaken. Bought it to try it out on competitions, the gun had a good reputation in Europe and I did not have any gun that I could shoot in ESP. It turned out I hit the jackpot, the gun is light, extremely accurate, and with just a little amount of lube has been flawless. I didn't shoot it much in competition because after a school massacre in CT they banned high capacity magazines and I only had two, and could not find ten rounders. Now is in a safe in long term storage, but this too one day will end.

I am really intrigued about the Storm now, will most likely buy a compact.
    Last edited by LostDuke; 08-05-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ernest, you going to bring out a "EL edition" PX4 Compact, with all the mods done, so folks don't have to chase all the bits and pieces? (Cougar hammer spring, mag release, slide stop, G with small levers, HD sights, and maybe some of the Italian swag) Oh, and a bottle of preferred lube.
    That is a great idea George. Something to consider for sure.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    That is a great idea George. Something to consider for sure.
    Add a fiber optic front sight option and I'll take a full size and compact one.

I sense the PX4 may become the next pistol of the moment here at PF.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I sense the PX4 may become the next pistol of the moment here at PF.
    I think you're right.

here I was thinking glock was gonna make a come back because of the gadget, now I'm sneaking peaks at px4 compacts even though I know its better to master my 19...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    here I was thinking glock was gonna make a come back because of the gadget, now I'm sneaking peaks at px4 compacts even though I know its better to master my 19...
    Same here...
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List