Page 11 of 431 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I think it would be interesting if you kept pushing it honestly, see what its capable of. I'm starting to think this gun got a unfair shake, at least on our forum. Glad to see were readdressing!

Yeah, I think that is true. I was just in Canada at the same range where Todd gets the stores from. I asked Rob about that specifically, he said those guys don't lube their guns at all. I don't know of any handgun that will run dry. Especially when we are talking high round count shooting classes. They all lock up, or at least will start malfunctioning, when they get hot if you don't lube them at least a little. .

I also know that if people have a gun issued to them that they don't like and are looking to get rid of it, they will make it look bad. I have seen it many times over the years. If a department decides they want to get rid of brand X gun, you can bet they will start having problems.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, I have been thinking of doing a whole video on just AIWB tips and tricks kind of stuff.
    I think this type of video is definitely needed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    I think this type of video is definitely needed.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Seconded.
    OK, it's on the list then. The hard part will be keeping it short enough so people will watch it all the way through.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

OK, it's on the list then. The hard part will be keeping it short enough so people will watch it all the way through.
    Lookin' forward to it!

Also, thank you for posting up the vid on the qore performance stuff. I had assumed it was simply under armor you were wearing, as its something I wear to help w/ the heat. Didn't realize the qore stuff had cooling pads though. I've heard of boxers using cooling mitts to help recovery during training sessions. Pretty cool stuff!

I asked Rob about that specifically, he said those guys don't lube their guns at all. I don't know of any handgun that will run dry. Especially when we are talking high round count shooting classes. They all lock up, or at least will start malfunctioning, when they get hot if you don't lube them at least a little. .
    P. E. Kelley has a review on the Grand Power P45, another rotating barrel pistol https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Bullet-Blaster

He had some stoppages with the gun and at around the 9:50 mark into the video, he mentions the factory's solution to the problem was to lube the barrel where it contacts the breach face. Since most of us have little, if any, experience with pistols with a rotating barrel, I suspect most of us wouldn't think to lube the gun there, but it makes sense that it would need it. It even seems logical an otherwise properly lubed gun could even malfunction without lube there which would be unique to a rotating barreled gun.

The PX4 Compact does have ambidextrous slide releases. I am right handed so I took the other lever off to make the gun slimmer.
    Thanks for making that clear. Superb shooting as seen on the FAST video. Would like to see your technique, from the front, for getting the shirt out of the way during the draw and reload.

OK, so I now have just a little over 2K through the second gun. A 1,000 of that was Winchester WinClean (known for not being the most reliable ammo) and now a second PX4 has passed the 2,000 round test. So far the best hammer spring is the Cougar "D" spring. Gun has proved to be super accurate with everything I shoot in it and how I have a little over 6K through two guns and they have both been 100% reliable. Interestingly they both run the Winchester WinClean better than my 92 does. The WinClean gives me fits in the 92 pretty often. The PX4 Compact not only runs it well, it seems to shoot it very accurately also.

I have also heard that there are even more parts for the PX4 than I knew about. Turns out Beretta Italy has spent quite a bit of time developing some accessories for these guns. There are 4 different versions of the safety levers in different sizes. There are steel guide rod kits and even an improved trigger group. Basically it is a whole hammer and sear group that just drops into the frame that includes a better hammer spring. Both DA and SA are improved with this kit. I am trying to see if I can get my hands on one to try. This kit includes a stiffer cage that houses everything as well as plated parts for a smoother action.

Attachment 3685

So the project continues. So far this little gun is making me happy and doing everything I would expect it to do.
    I went looking for some of the parts you mentioned and found the trigger group here. It's labeled only for the 9x21 IMI and .40S&W so I'm unsure if it would work with the 9x19 we all use here or if they didn't bother to label it as such since they can't sell stuff for military calibers in Italy.

This is mostly for others since you probably already know this, but here is the section with all the special PX4 parts. Sounds like they use a low friction coating called DLC (Diamond Like Coating) that supposedly does stuff similar to NP3. The locking block they sell is especially labeled with the DLC coating. The neatest part I see there is the 90 series style safety levers for the PX4 (Beretta Leve Sicura Tipo "F" R.P.) as I don't really like the style the PX4 comes with.

I wonder if I could get these parts shipped to the US...
    Last edited by Edwin; 08-04-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Site Supporter
    If all the secret squirrel parts were easily available here in the USA, this gun might be more competitive, sales-wise. Even HK has better support for their guns here than Beretta has for the PX4. I guess its a catch-22. Low sales spurs low support which spurs lower sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I went looking for some of the parts you mentioned and found the trigger group here. It's labeled only for the 9x21 IMI and .40S&W so I'm unsure if it would work with the 9x19 we all use here or if they didn't bother to label it as such since they can't sell stuff for military calibers in Italy.

This is mostly for others since you probably already know this, but here is the section with all the special PX4 parts. Sounds like they use a low friction coating called DLC (Diamond Like Coating) that supposedly does stuff similar to NP3. The locking block they sell is especially labeled with the DLC coating. The neatest part I see there is the 90 series style safety levers for the PX4 (Beretta Leve Sicura Tipo "F" R.P.) as I don't really like the style the PX4 comes with.

I wonder if I could get these parts shipped to the US...
    Yup, that is all the stuff they showed me at Beretta, but also on a computer screen. Likely the trigger kit would work in any of the guns, but remember that 9mm or 9 Luger is not legal to own in Italy, so they only use 9x21mm.

I have not seen the locking block kit. That is pretty cool as well.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List