Page 103 of 431 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

You can even direct link, but you have to fidget around with the page source to find the image address. Still haven't figured out how to do this for videos.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I cannot decide if I want this or a 92 compact..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ...Or BOTH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    ...Or BOTH!

Alas time and new baby only allow one lol

Vending Machine Operator

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I plan to get both. Picking up my 92 Compact on Tuesday. If you'd like once I get both I can do a detailed side by side.

Might be a while though, I'm trying to buy less stuff, so someone will probably beat me to the punch.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 10-02-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I plan to get both. Picking up my 92 Compact on Tuesday. If you'd like once I get both I can do a detailed side by side.

Might be a while though, I'm trying to buy less stuff, so someone will probably beat me to the punch.

Sounds great. No rush, get to it when you get to it

That would be GREAT !

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    You can even direct link, but you have to fidget around with the page source to find the image address. Still haven't figured out how to do this for videos.

Is it me, the angle of the photo or is the hammer actually off center?

Also, what's that space in the slide above the right slide rail?
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 10-02-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have owned my PX4 since 2008 and have about 10,000 trouble-free rounds, and I've been on the receiving end of crap about it the entire time. It's a bit of an ugly gun and the safety is badly placed, but most of the hate comes from it being perceived as sort of a hipster/esoteric gun ("why not just get a Glock") and some initial reports of unreliability. The most often quoted issue was some Canadian border patrol agents who had to use mallets to unstick the guns when they were out of spec and the locking block jammed. I forget who wrote a report on that, but it was someone pretty reputable in the firearms industry if I recall.

Much like the exploding slides in the Beretta 92F, as I understand these out of spec issues were early and limited. I have not heard about any systemic issues in the PX4 line for years now. I also share the view of many on this forum, based on a number of recent Beretta purchases (a 2013 92FS and 2016 92FS Compact) that current Beretta finish, quality control, and machining is superb.

Based on my personal experience and research and the quality of the Beretta brand, I would not hesitate to carry a PX4 and in fact I do sometimes grab my PX4 in a Galco OWB rig. I'm not sure if it's as inherently reliable as an HK or Glock over high round counts, low lubrication, and fouling, but I know if you lubricate and clean them well they run, in my case at least a few times cycling 500+ rounds without cleaning. The biggest concern is making sure you use a good, persistent grease on the locking block and lug. I use TW-25B but something like Red n' Tacky should also work well.

Do folks actually think it's ugly? The very first thing I noticed was the design - thought it was way cool.
    I'm trying to break myself of the fear of getting in over my head with a firearm that's too complicated for me. I transitioned recently from a Glock G30S to a Sig P320 C/.45 and the FCU in the SIG looks busy to me. Kinda like going from a Chevy to a Benz, which is something I did four years ago. However, when I read about Ernest Langdon here and his successes, well.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Is it me, the angle of the photo or is the hammer actually off center?

Also, what's that space in the slide above the right slide rail?

What's causing it is up for debate, but it sure IS off center.

User Tag List