Page 101 of 431 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This
    I disagree. As one who managed an unintentional double shooting a PPQ, I believe trigger reset is a very appropriate topic; I just don't want one that's too short. I was surprised that it wasn't raised throughout 100 pages of discussion.

they are saying not to pin it... if you reset through the trigger and started a press again... well ya the gun went off.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    they are saying not to pin it... if you reset through the trigger and started a press again... well ya the gun went off.
    Didn't say it wasn't my fault.

What's the deal with trigger reset discussion, though? Why isn't it appropriate? I feel like I used the snail fork on dessert.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 09-27-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    I think they are agreeing with you is my point. Quickly reset the gun, and then pull the trigger when the sights are right. Too many people are using the reset as a indication to shoot again.

Process:
    press trigger, reset during recoil, press trigger again when sights are where you want

wrong process:
    press trigger, pin trigger during recoil, slowly reset, quickly press trigger again after reset.

if you do this, reset really shouldn't have that much of an impact on how you shoot or if you accidentally shoot.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 09-27-2016 at 04:53 PM.

I think they are agreeing with you is my point. Quickly reset the gun, and then pull the trigger when the sights are right. Too many people are using the reset as a indication to shoot again.

Process:
    press trigger, reset during recoil, press trigger again when sights are where you want

wrong process:
    press trigger, pin trigger during recoil, slowly reset, quickly press trigger again after reset.

if you do this, reset really shouldn't have that much of an impact on how you shoot or if you accidentally shoot.
    Well, in any case I'm (1) detracting from this thread and am exiting, and (2) buying the pistol when it becomes available.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post

What's the deal with trigger reset discussion, though? Why isn't it appropriate? I feel like I used the snail fork on dessert.
    Whatever technique works better for you is the one to use, but the my take is if you wait for the trigger to reset, you'll not shoot as fast as you could by just pressing the trigger when the sights are aligned. Lots of people pin and reset, and maybe even some high level guys, but the consensus seems to be to let the trigger out well past the reset point during recoil.

not to detract more but here is a video that explains what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbCSpcrOsw
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 09-27-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Process:

wrong process:

Exactly the point I was trying to convey. I should have been more descriptive. As to whether or not it is a valid discussion, it is. My point is that many people blow reset length way out of proportion. What's the first thing you usually do when you pick up a gun at a gun store? Rack the slide, dry fire the trigger, rack the slide again and feel for the "tactile and audible reset." When trying to shoot at speed it is not beneficial to pin the trigger to the rear after each shot, ride the trigger to the reset point then shoot again. I'd argue it's almost impossible to shoot at speed with any semblance of accuracy (~.50 or faster splits) using the pin and reset method.

Example: I've been shooting Beretta 92s exclusively for the past several months. Decided to pick up a HK P30 DA/SA for funsies. MANY people on the gunternet gripe about the long reset of the HK DA/SA triggers...especially the P30. First trip out to the range and I was running sub 3.0 Bill Drills from concealment. The trigger reset length never even entered my mind. Sure, if I pin the trigger to the rear and slowly ride the reset I feel the additional travel length. But when shooting at speed or really anything besides bullseye shooting, the reset length, at least to me, is a non-issue.

FWIW this discussion does not apply to DAO revolvers or semis. I definitely notice the reset length on those. My point/example applies to striker and DA/SA/SAO guns.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 09-27-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Most excellent videos on this discussion: Embedded for your viewing pleasure:

Last edited by MSparks909; 09-27-2016 at 05:37 PM.

I don't think reset length is the number one criteria in picking a pistol. However, the shorter the reset it, the less your travel with flip and press needs to be, and the less sympathetic movement there is which can be induced by very long travel. Shoot a DAK and you will quickly see what I am talking about.

All things being equal, I prefer to get as high as I can on a pistol (bore axis) and have as short a reset as is reliable. However, all things are not equal.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List