Page 192 of 431 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by shuter View Post
    Hey guys, little late to the party here, but I picked up my "stock" PX4 CC last week, and after 230 trouble-free rounds, I LOVE this little pistol. In fact I plan to make it my new EDC after another 2-300 rounds with no issues. Anyway, I have a couple questions for those with more experience with this pistol than I have:

Is there a steel guide rod available for the compact? I can only find one for the full-size.

Is it possible to reduce the DA pull weight while leaving SA as is? My Compact Carry has a beautiful, crisp 3 lb. 12 oz. SA, but DA is nearly 10 lbs. Can I swap out the hammer spring and drop the DA weight? If so, what is the stock spring weight with the competition package that comes in the CC, and what would the next option be to lower the DA pull weight?

For those with the Mod 4 Robar pistol (yes, I'm thinking about getting a second, tricked out CC), what all does Robar apply NP3 to? All internals plus barrel? Hammer? Slide?

Also on the Mod 4, what are the DA/SA trigger pull weights? I'd love to get an 8 lb. or so DA but leave the SA close to 4 lbs.

Thanks!
    A Beretta Cougar D spring will be the step to lower the trigger pull weight, and the Wilson Combat 12lb chrome spring will be the lightest reliable spring to use. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    A Beretta Cougar D spring will be the step to lower the trigger pull weight, and the Wilson Combat 12lb chrome spring will be the lightest reliable spring to use. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you, sir!

Wilson's gunsmith said the correct D spring for the PX4 Compact was same as 92; does that sound correct based on your experience?
    Last edited by shuter; 03-27-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shuter View Post
    Wilson's gunsmith said the PX4 D spring was same as 92; does that sound correct based on your experience?
    i just ordered a 92 D spring and a Px4 D spring from Brownells, and they are different stock numbers. i should have them wednesday to compare.

Awesome; thanks! I ordered both a 12 & 13# from Wilson...hopefully they were right.

#12 pound Wilson Beretta 92 spring is the one you want.

FWIW, I have a stock px4cc that I added a WC 12lb hammer spring to and it didn't seem to lower the SA pull a drastic amount. It did lower the DA pull a noticeable amount but I do not have a gauge to tell you precise weights. IMO, it was worth the cost of the spring and I do not feel that the DA or SA pull is too light.

Shot my CC in my local IDPA match this evening. First time I've shot it in a match at all, and I'm still well under 1000 rounds through it total. Gun ran like a champ. Sights picked up fast. In the first video you can see that I had some issues pinning the trigger: I've been shooting this gun alongside my p229 legion and the shorter reset of that gun has my muscle memory a little janky. Second video was a short stage, but really highlights how flat the gun shoots. I'm running the 12lb wilson spring. Overall, great experience, really liking the gun and a few people at the match were asking about it. . . including a sponsored shooter watching me shoot saying "Ohhhh, he's got one of Ernie's new guns. . . "

https://youtu.be/b331VqzEIYY
    https://youtu.be/2VNdVUUzEkQ
    Last edited by Bill; 03-27-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Shot my CC in my local IDPA match this evening. First time I've shot it in a match at all, and I'm still well under 1000 rounds through it total. Gun ran like a champ. Sights picked up fast. In the first video you can see that I had some issues pinning the trigger: I've been shooting this gun alongside my p229 legion and the shorter reset of that gun has my muscle memory a little janky. Second video was a short stage, but really highlights how flat the gun shoots. I'm running the 12lb wilson spring. Overall, great experience, really liking the gun and a few people at the match were asking about it. . . including a sponsored shooter watching me shoot saying "Ohhhh, he's got one of Ernie's new guns. . . "

https://youtu.be/b331VqzEIYY
    https://youtu.be/2VNdVUUzEkQ
    How are you liking it compared to your legion?

My PX4 CC is noticeably lighter and flatter shooting than my P229 Legion. I've been shooting/ carrying my 229L lately as I was waiting on my bobbed hammers to arrive. I've got an 18# hammer spring in my 229 and the DA pull is very good, but I give the nod to the Beretta. The Beretta's pull feels more...linear. I wouldn't say the 229's DA stacks, but to me, the DA stroke is over a slightly shorter distance which gives the perception that it's heavier. It's hard to describe, and most people wouldn't notice it.

The SA pull on both are very good; call that a wash. The P229 has a shorter reset, but that's not a factor in speed shooting unless you pin the trigger and ride the reset. Because the PX4 CC recoils flatter, the sights are easier to track in recoil and I can run slightly faster splits (though I think you start splitting hairs at anything faster than .20-.18 splits in a compact defensive firearm).

The Sig is a great gun and I'm certainly not selling mine, but once I get the new hammers and sights installed my PX4 CCs will be my new go-to carry guns.

I hope to get the hammers installed this week and I'm gonna give Ameriglo a call tomorrow to see if the shorter .290 rear sights are available yet. Sending spare PX4 CC and my full size PX4 are off to a local stippling guy on Wednesday.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 03-27-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List